Recent racism video published by WMS

• Creator
    Topic
    setufree
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx_QILAAIo

Has anyone seen this?  This poor guy looks so robotic and rehearsed.  No emotion in his eyes, not to mention the video is complete BS.

The first thing any missionary/leader/deacons would ask when someone was going to bring back a person for a study, is what do they look like and what race they were. 

Smurf
    Participant

No racism? Yeah. There are also no abortions 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jet0C_uvvaA

You see.. as much as they don't like to admit it they are visiting this site, hahaha 😀

Now I predict there would be massive children birth campaigns as a counter measure.

The 10 talents are no longer new recruits, they are now babies! Gotta catch 'em all!

Azula
    Participant

setufree wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx_QILAAIo

….This poor guy looks so robotic and rehearsed.  No emotion in his eyes, not to mention the video is complete BS.

The first thing any missionary/leader/deacons would ask when someone was going to bring back a person for a study, is what do they look like and what race they were. 

I wonder why they felt the need to name drop a certain pastor Daniel. One must remember that the cult controls every aspect of their member's lives, it's highly unlikely that these minions did the video out their own free will…

Joshua
    Participant

Every so often the WMSCOG encourages members to make these types of videos. This so called proof that there is nothing wrong with the WMSCOG only further proves to me just how imprisoned their members are. It is so blairingly obvious that the man (Jerome I think it is) is very controlled. Did you see when he referenced Matthew he glanced over to the side to make sure he read the prompt right? How are we supposed to take a video like this serious? This poor guy needs a major dose of the truth and a reality check about the WMSCOG! Does he even know that the WMSCOG used to preach against his race labling them as the decendants of Hamm? There's a study I'll bet he didn't get! How about the teaching that the WMSCOG used to do proving that Jews were a dambed race because they killed Jesus? Once again I'll bet this was a study the he never got!

Is there any question as to why they wont post my comments on their videos? The truth would kill anything they are trying to acheive with their videos.

Elaine
    Participant

Is there any question as to why they wont post my comments on their videos? The truth would kill anything they are trying to acheive with their videos.

Because you are not a puppet.. Joshua so true by their videos they show how they fit well as "Wolf in sheep Clothing" 

Only their puppets are allowed to comment "No Racism, No racism, oh where racism" and muppet goes like this in Korean

동영상에메시지추가 ……Add a message on video 

So we get more Likes….

Simon
    Participant

What name dropping are you talking about?

Travis
    Participant

Elaine, they would erase any comment that's not from their own members. They control the comments that are published as well. 

It saddens me to see people like this guy on the video. Nowadays people don't read much. They don't know their history. They don't research to be informed. 

Simon
    Participant

There is no real source of such claims its all he said she said

dezCPhD
    Participant

Ha ha ha ha, ah ha ha ha. My family made a video like that too after the whole Ramos and Diane incident. I thought I was doing the right thing at the time because I wanted to shut down those who were “hurting” my heavenly mother but on the outside, let me tell you, Don’t put too much weight on those!

MountainMom
    Participant

dezCPhD wrote:

Ha ha ha ha, ah ha ha ha. My family made a video like that too after the whole Ramos and Diane incident. I thought I was doing the right thing at the time because I wanted to shut down those who were "hurting" my heavenly mother but on the outside, let me tell you, Don't put too much weight on those!

Believe me, I never did.  Neither did anyone on the outside.  It wasn't for us.  It was for people who didn't know anything about the WMS and for the members as damage control. 

Felicia1122
    Participant

That guy has no life in his voice. They pushed and forced him to say that. He does not represent all churches. They are trying so hard to keep their shenanigans going.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

No racism? Yeah. There are also no abortions 🙂

How sweetly they say there are no abortion in the wmscog.What a lie,as i have posted before members are forced to carry out abortions if they are daily gospel workers.I also know of a sister called Supriya who was not allowed to vist Korea because she was pregnant and refused to abort the child because of the pressure from her husband and in laws.Has we all know they have thaught us that we are sinners come down from heaven and having a child is like bringing one more sinner down to this earth(Suject The secret of forgivness of sin and soul),Now i really dont understand why they deny they dont carry out abortions in the Wmscog. There was a pastor Joe who told my large group leader Diana that it is ok to do abortion it is not a sin because ONLY THE BODY IS FORMED NOT THE SPRIT so we can just see how cunning and smart they are in tricking members. I am sure we will have some vasatomy vedios also comming up soon.I guess the vedio above which says they dont encourage abortion the lady there Stephine doesnt look like a daily gospel worker but surely gives good tithes and offerings so it is ok for her to have children.Sorry just my point of veiw. I have also seen if a brother or sister says they are expecting a child soon the pastor or the large group leader want show any sign of joy , but will just ignore that statement.If asked why? we are causing more pain to heavenly mother.Ha ha ha.We must focus on returning back to our heavenly home which is very near,and father is comming very soon and mother can hear fathers footsteps this is not the time to think about marriage etc. But strange we reached 2015.

jw03550
    Participant

As for the guy referenced in the OP, sure, he does look rehearsed.  What we don't know about him is that this may be his presentations style.  that is, he may always make his presentations that way.  in other words, we are using inductive reasoning to come to a conclusion – we use a very small sample and extrapolate it to a much larger conclusion.

This would be a similar mistake to what entraps people in groups like these.  referencing the 2nd video, there are probably many members having babies.  but IF the general policy of this or any other organization is to discourage babies then the overall policy is to discourage.  every group works differently.  I know of an individual from a much different bible-based group that required a body cleanse at least once a week and she thought all of her "sisters" were having the same thing done when in fact not all were having the cleanse.  So if she were to make a video because she was disgusted as to what her group stole from her in terms of years and personal dignity and testified about the cleansing then all is needed is a small amount of people saying it doesn't exist; that looks true and so it gets extrapolated to "clear the name" of the group.  I dont have a study on hand but if I could form a hypothesis for it I would say that those getting the cleanse have a high amount of personal buy-in and are not the ones going to go looking for videos on YouTube about it. 

That's the advantage of the system – its relatively easy to bounce people back in, especially when the videos are virtually always from the members themselves.  And it sure does help that those that have left are either branded evil (again, by edited videos from within, easy to edit) or members have unknowingly designed the (unwritten) rules that guides the conversation away from the uncomfortable and challenging to the belief system when they interact with former members.

I think all of the information shared is valuable – just that another examination of the pros & cons of what is presented here adds to the context for any questioning group member.

Lastly, this notion that the group tells people to do this or that.  I'm sure it happens.  But we here are all pretty enthusiastic about exposing manipulative systems.  No one tells us what to do.  We spend a lot of time and energy sharing information because we care about people.  I think a lot of the members in these videos may be similarly motivated.

Kai TIng
    Participant

Actually in my zion there is a baby crib right in the common area, a children's room for children to play and learn, and a baby brother (few months old) that sometimes walk around innocently in his diapers hahah.

Racial group wise there are also quite a mix of different races including indians, africans, and chinese. Previously a overseas mission team went to a rural part of Nepal to help in the gospel there, so honestly claims on racism and discriminations may not hold in the zion I came from.

Frankly speaking besides the arrogant and judgemental behaviour of those in the office, the high demand for members to preach and bear fruit, trying to obtain salvation from works and condemning all other churches, and of course disregarding the Bible and sinning against God of the Bible, the zion which I came from seems perfectly fine otherwise. No racism, no abortions, etc.

Honestly now my only criticism against them is that as a new religion (since they worship "Father and Mother" and not God of the Bible, and teaches a totally different gospel), they should have just come up with their own scriptures and not to steal ideas from Christianity and disguising themselves as Christians. Should probably have just started off like how Scientology is. In short, besides "copyright infringement", there isn't really much to say against them.

Or at least that's how it has slowly evolved to be more friendly in recent years. My experience is only for 2014~2015. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Kai TIng wrote:

Actually in my zion there is a baby crib right in the common area, a children's room for children to play and learn, and a baby brother (few months old) that sometimes walk around innocently in his diapers hahah.

Racial group wise there are also quite a mix of different races including indians, africans, and chinese. Previously a overseas mission team went to a rural part of Nepal to help in the gospel there, so honestly claims on racism and discriminations may not hold in the zion I came from.

Frankly speaking besides the arrogant and judgemental behaviour of those in the office, the high demand for members to preach and bear fruit, trying to obtain salvation from works and condemning all other churches, and of course disregarding the Bible and sinning against God of the Bible, the zion which I came from seems perfectly fine otherwise. No racism, no abortions, etc.

Honestly now my only criticism against them is that as a new religion (since they worship "Father and Mother" and not God of the Bible, and teaches a totally different gospel), they should have just come up with their own scriptures and not to steal ideas from Christianity and disguising themselves as Christians. Should probably have just started off like how Scientology is. In short, besides "copyright infringement", there isn't really much to say against them.

Or at least that's how it has slowly evolved to be more friendly in recent years. My experience is only for 2014~2015. 

Everything you list is true.  I think they have changed somewhat or at least have tried to look as though they have changed in  respect to racism.  Older members have quite a different story to tell about their experiences with racism and whom they were told to recruit, etc.    One thing you left out is the problem of separation of families and broken relationships on other fronts as well.  Without exception there are major problems there according to virtually everyone I have talked to in the past 6 years who has a loved one in that group.  In fact, I would consider it the main problem.  If this group wants to morph to be more acceptable, I would suggest they let their members go to all family get togethers and celebrations.  When members can't come home for a traditional holiday celebration for 8 years, it could be seen to be a problem.  That happens.

MountainMom
    Participant

Azula wrote:

setufree wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx_QILAAIo

….This poor guy looks so robotic and rehearsed.  No emotion in his eyes, not to mention the video is complete BS.

I wonder why they felt the need to name drop a certain pastor Daniel. One must remember that the cult controls every aspect of their member's lives, it's highly unlikely that these minions did the video out their own free will…

If you look through the earlier posts on this thread you see a former member laughing about making one of these videos and saying basically that people shouldn't give those videos much credibility.  It is my opinion that each person making these church videos were asked to do so by others and that it wasn't necessarily their idea. 

jellybean
    Participant

Does anyone else realizes that this video looks like he either memorized a script or is reading it? There is no emotion or natural way of speech very cold and no connection whatsoever with the viewer. He says that the church is very selective with the people they preach to but he doesn’t specify the standards used. It is very true that for any institution that you are in charge of you will want the best people and the best team you could have. However, if they do not specify what standards they have then discrimination has a place there in the church and it could be understood that they would discriminate against people. I think for them to clean up on this mess they would have to make public their standards.

jw03550
    Participant

jb, do you have any other videos of this guy to compare his behavior to?  it is entirely possible that he presents himself this way.  it is a fallacy to take a sample of 1 and extrapolate it to a larger sample.

jellybean
    Participant

This is my opinion whether you like it or not. That is the reason why I ask if any one else sees that in the video. I am not exploiting anything but sharing 2 observations. 1. He doesn’t look as he is speaking naturally, he looks like he memorized what he was going to say or is reading it. that is my opinion. This gives me red flags, and I can’t even trust what he is saying 2. He said they had standards for the people they choose to preach to therefore now I am curious to know which standards he refers to.

Why will I have any other videos? I agree with the fact that this might be the way he presents himself but nothing has been “exploited” in my previous post.

jellybean
    Participant

“Extrapolated”

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.