Rebecca Responded to the video I posted of The Today Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Felicia1122
    Participant

Rebecca responded to the video i posted. You can check her comment out here. It looks like she started a Youtube acct. I responded to her and explained why i posted the video.

http://youtu.be/Sxz4xr4cT5o

Brian Taylor
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Yes, Brian, I do.  Cults follow a pattern of behavior, and while I don't profess to know everything, it is easier to figure these things out when you see what normally happens with a cult.  The Wms follows a pretty predictable pattern too.

Geeez , I really need to get a copy of Hassan's book. And get me some o dat deere edumacation! and verbally lock horns with JW cause he's all jacked up on cheetos and redbull! ( lol sorry I just could not hold that one in any longer !

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I also feel they are predictable. They will probably send waves of supporters to Rachel’s newly made, YT page/videos.

JohnFoutraged
    Participant

Becky posted a video about arranged marriage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z7GlztcIOc&list=PLtc2MmsreUhtn-NlNJvmsUWQ0OlR6sh69&index=10

Her response tries to hide the fact that the WMSCOG arranged the marriage.  Lets look at the definition according to the Merriam Webster's dictionary:

"

1. a marriage in which the husband and wife are chosen for each other by their parents" http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arranged%20marriage

*No where in official definition does it say to be forced.  Let me tell you something – You cannot just go around and marry anyone you want to.  It has to be APPROVED by the overseer.  More than likely the overseer will arrange who will marry who.

Let me tell you something – there were couples (BF and GF) that came to Zion and they studied for sometime (almost a year) and the overseer said that they better tie the knot or they will have to break up.  I have seen it time and time again.  People force to marry or break up.  If they break up 100% of the time (From what I witnessed) one continues going to zion and the other leaves Zion.  Doesnt seem so fair that not everyone can enter kingdom of heaven.  Doesnt seem so fair to be breaking up other people's relationships. 

No one is getting hurt – its not like they are having children that they cannot support.  Tell me this WMSCOG – why do your overseers break up couples if they dont want to get married to each other?  

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@John, the Overseers approach it from a righteousness angle initially. Remember when Apostle Paul said, “Better to Marry, than to burn”. BUT the problem lies in your statement, that Overseer still controls who gets married. So Jack and Jill are dating, maybe yes (from a spiritual sense) a Overseer says, “Dont fall into temptation, go get married”. Thw problem is that Overseers have pressured members to marry others who they didnt like. Jack and Jill date, are members and care about each other. But, Overseer wants Jill to marry Chuck, and refuses to marry Jill to Jack. That happens often. There was a Deaconess in the branch I was at. Very pretty woman, with a great sense of style etc. I was told before my family had joined, the Overseer tried to pressure her into marrying one of the goofy young Deacons. It would have been a true Beauty and the Beast story, and she would have been a trophy wife. She refused, and married a non-believer and is happy. She didnt leave, but the fact that she was also a very assertive New Yorker, prevented them from kicking her out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brian Taylor wrote:

Geeez , I really need to get a copy of Hassan's book. And get me some o dat deere edumacation! and verbally lock horns with JW cause he's all jacked up on cheetos and redbull! ( lol sorry I just could not hold that one in any longer !

HA HA!  I should copyright my posts …… ๐Ÿ™‚

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Heinrich Hochhalter wrote:

Brian Taylor wrote:

HA HA!  I should copyright my posts …… ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, I'm sorry to plagiarize like that but truth ( I mean real truth) needs to be repeated. But I must disagree with what you said earlier, the burden should not reast solely with joshua but we should all donate to a 'gofundme' page dedicated to paying the tuition for JW to go to rehab. It's become all to apparent that his addiction to carbs and caffiene is spiraling out of control……..;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is really getting funny …. methane gas, carbs, caffeine, cults …. all in the same thread?  ๐Ÿ™‚

jw03550
    Participant

the two of you getting together and complementing each other does not change a single molecule in your bodies

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I just deleted that post. I'm staying out of it. 

David
    Participant

I think you guys have misunderstood JW03550, especially if he is "simon" but doesn't matter either way.

He, for a couple of reasons, looks at things "differently" and personally, I think we should listen to him with an open mind. It's not an exact science anyhow, we all know that.

But not when he's trash talking, the one, the only, the most beloved……Mountain Mom….there's no need for the that JW so don't do it.

Ok…., please don't do it.  

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

The most beloved mountain mom?

You know a position is opening up for mother God in a church in Korea. "(Mountain) Mom's love that has been hidden, through all ages, who can fathom mother's love…"

It could work. 

David
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

You know a position is opening up for mother God in a church in Korea. "(Mountain) Mom's love that has been hidden, through all ages, who can fathom mother's love…"

It could work. 

Hahaha, I love you new guys……that's been done before and our Mountain Mom, will not stand for being referred to as "the holy mother" trust me on this one! Go back and read about when this site was the "wild west"..Somewhat, good times…when he who shall not be named ruled the roost!! I can't believe I just said that LOL

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Oh wait until Mountain Mom sees this! This will make her day!! So funny! Of course she could never be a god because she is not a liar. Mother god is a liar and a fake!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Hehehe.

You know, she has been bringing up the idea of a "new diety" lately. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

I finally found the person to help JW/Simon/Shimon understand cults a little better.  In fact, this lovely lady goes by the name "Apostate Chick".

How to determine if you are in a cult … Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQC6-zNdK0

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

God bless you

Azula
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

It could work. 

Ha!

Imagine! lol!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Azula LMAO!!! I can hear the cheesy anouncers voice now;

“Members were deceived for so long…..under tyrannical rule of a False mother. But our true mother reveals..like the coming of the dawn. Out of the Mountains of love.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mayor and Mike wrote:

It could work. 

Dang.  I'm with it.  MM, the new Mother!  Yes!  Except for one thing, her throne is in USA mountain country!  YES!  Just think, when you visit the old Momma, you get a cheap hotel room in Korea, some rice, and … what?  With the new Mom, we get ….. SKI COUNTRY!  HIKING!  FISHING AND HUNTING! Delicious American food!  Let's get this goin!  Joshua, get working on the Bible passages to back this up!  When's the first trip to pay homage to the new Mom???????

Joshua
    Participant

Why isn't this posted in the humor post? I'm not sure how funny MountainMom might find this right now seeing as how her loved one is still in. Personally I wouldn't mind hanging out with her. I doubt that she would be willing to keep up any kind of deception though. This might work out even better overall. Current members would discover what true love looks like! Imagine a world full of ex-members filing lawsuits against the WMSCOG for all of the time and money they want to get back. Awesome!

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.