Questions For WMSCOG Members – Luke

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Hailey Stevens
    Participant

I came across Luke 7:47-50 today and after reading it, I have some questions.  I will quote the verses here so that I can be clear as to why I have questions:

47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” 

48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 

49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” 

50 Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

Why was this woman saved because of faith and love alone?  Had she observed the Passover?  Did she observe the Sabbath?  The Scriptures do not even mention if this woman was a Jew or a Gentile.  It does say that she had committed many sins.  Yet Jesus said that she was saved by faith.  Do any of the WMSCOG members think that they can be saved by faith without the sabbath and other feasts?  

KF
    Participant

In my opinion they will say that the reason the woman was forgiven was because Jesus was not crucified as of yet.  The new covenant started at the last supper.  When the rules change so does the play.

emil
    Participant

I think we should leave it to current members like FTOS to state their real or imaginary justifications. Let them think for themselves.

Regading Hailey's point, I would hazard a guess that this woman was a Jew. Otherwise she would not have entered the pharisee's house. If that is so, it is likely that she was observing both sabbath and passover. In such a case, would Jesus have needed to forgive her sins since she would have been observing the passover?

Simon
    Participant

The Jewish Passover isn’t salvatory to wmscog

emil
    Participant

I think the wmscog wrongly  interprets the meaning of scripture that the passover is salvatory. Check the scripture verse and see for yourself. I will try to explain what I mean later in the passover thread.

Simon
    Participant

Whether Christian Passover is salvatory is irreleant in terms of your question on their doctrines

emil
    Participant

^ Agree. I wish we could have allowed FTOS to defend their position here rather than you doing it for them. Nevertheless, the last question of Hailey's post remains unanswered.

Simon
    Participant

If we pretend ignorance of their most basic doctrines its counter productive

Questioninginla
    Participant

Hailey Stevens wrote:

I came across Luke 7:47-50 today and after reading it, I have some questions.  I will quote the verses here so that I can be clear as to why I have questions:

47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” 

48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 

49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” 

50 Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

Why was this woman saved because of faith and love alone?

Obviously Jesus was wrong.  Leave that out of the lesson plans please.

Anyone that questions shall be admonished, referred to Mother's teaching #4, and then referred to Mother's teaching #6 for good measure; finally, remind them that we must suffer because the Kingdom of Heaven is waiting, and Obey if you want to get there.

Problem solved!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.