Questions For WMSCOG Members – King David

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Hailey Stevens
    Participant

I have some questions regarding King David.  I was reading my Bible and I came across some verses about King David having been an adulteror.  King David commits adultery (2 Samuel 11:4-5) and even has his mistress's husband killed (2 Samuel 11:14-15).  That's two commandments that King David did not keep.  Was King David saved?

WHOAMI
    Participant

what! i thought King David represented Jesus and our savior in the last days, so just like Issac being God, it's all a lie????

Emily
    Participant

WHOAMI wrote:

what! i thought King David represented Jesus and our savior in the last days, so just like Issac being God, it's all a lie????

Seems like it, doesn't it?  There's more about King David here that you may be interested in reading.

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/search/label/David

Joshua
    Participant

I’m wondering why King Davids rein is considered a prophesy that needs to be fulfilled? Does the WMS really consider everything is Gods Word to be prophecies? Why? What leads them to this kind of conclusion?

Simon
    Participant

Hosea says Gods people will seek the lord and David in the last days I wanna say in 5:8

Joshua
    Participant

How do you guys feel about the story of King David now? There are many things to learn from the life of David but is it a prophesy that will be fulfilled or a collection of events that happened to a man that we can learn from?

Emily
    Participant

I would say that it is a collection of events that happened to a man that we can learn from.  

Rahab
    Participant

King David did have many wives.  In regards to Bathsheba, he did desire her, but she was already married.  David had her husband put into a situation where he would be killed and then he took her as his own. The had a child together, but because of their sin, the child died.  David mourned and repented, asking God to "create in him a clean heart," and "put a new and right spirit" within him.  David was not allowed to build the Temple for God because he shed too much blood.  (I just read about it in 1 Chronicles today).  But he did gather all necessary materials for Soloman to build the Temple.  My question about the WMSCOG's King David prophecy, is – does it parallel exactly the reign of David?  Because David reigned in Hebron for 7 years and then reigned in Jerusalem for 33 years?  Just wondering…..

Emily
    Participant

To my understanding, the wms's prophecy does not parallel it exactly at all.  They just use the cumulative 40 and then subtract the 3 years of Jesus' ministry and say that there are 37 years left.  I believe that Genny has pointed this out in previous posts.

Rahab
    Participant

Thanks Emily.  I did not know that Genny had already addressed this issue in previous posts.  I haven't been on this site for a while.

Emily
    Participant

Rahab wrote:

Thanks Emily.  I did not know that Genny had already addressed this issue in previous posts.  I haven't been on this site for a while.

Great to see you back ๐Ÿ™‚

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The WMSCOG believes that Zahng is the New Jerusalem. But according to the prophecy, the children [Solomon] are the one's to rebuild the temple [Zahng]. What does that mean? And how is it the temple was established [Ahn revealed Zahng] before the temple was built?

Disturbed
    Participant

Wow Renita…that is an awesome question! Now that we can think clearly & logically their interpretation/doctrine makes no sense whatsoever! No current WMSCOG member has explained what it means that the temple is complete. Also since the church claims the temple is undergoing “inspection”, which isn’t biblical either, who is inspecting God’s work? Always some old man made teachings. They are too much! With each new lie they teach it brings about more questions to be answered,which clearly they can’t!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

yea, that came to mind when i was discussing the scripture with a member on FB. How do you establish something that hasn't been built?

Disturbed
    Participant

Did they say this event was “spiritual”? That’s the catch-all explanation. The bible clearly testifies that King David made all of the necessary arrangements for Solomon to build the temple. If Ash represents King David and Zhang represents the temple, Ash did a poor job of making all of the arrangements for revealing Zhang. All we have is a photoshopped picture of their “spiritual” wedding.

Simon
    Participant

Well shes the temple and the city ๐Ÿ™‚

Also not to be too much of a devils advocate but isn’t the claim god is inspecting their work in obedience to his specifications

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Moses inspected the work, not God. I thought the temple Jerusalem and the city Jerusalem were interchangeable.. I'm confused.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

There was no response to my question. I was attacked with 'Where are you getting your knowledge from? Man?'

Disturbed
    Participant

Someone posted in another thread that the inspection meant rooting out the unrighteous from the church. But who is righteous? Certainly not wmscog. Think about it…the New Jersusalem temple is in heaven. It is God’s perfect creation. What being (heavenly, angelic or human) inspects God’s creation? What are they going to say, Uh God, you left something out, or you made a mistake? (Lots of sarcasm meant).

Disturbed
    Participant

@Renita…they’re getting their info from man LOL

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But if the inspection goes with the prophecy of the last Feast, then nothing will be found to be out of order. According to them, imperfect beings, the children, built the temple.

WAIT!!! All my time in the church I was taught we were bringing MATERIALS just like the Israelites did for the Feast of Tabernacles. BUT King David is the one who provided all the materials for Solomon….

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.