Potential for fraud

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

While being a member I signed up for the “Heavenly Census”. The bible testifies that before the people entered Canaan a census was taken. The church explained before we entered heaven “spiritual Canaan” we too had to undergo a census. On this online census, we entered our social security numbers. At the time I thought nothing of it. Now that I’m no longer a member I realize they had no legal reason for our social security numbers.

I strongly suggest, as a precaution, for all former members to please check their credit report for unauthorized accounts or credit checks that may have been run. For your protection you may want to put a fraud alert on your account with the credit reporting bureaus.

Equifax (800) 525-6285

Trans Union (800) 680-7289

Experian (888) 397-3742

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The police here in SD want you to investigate for yourself then call them.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The police here in SD want you to investigate for yourself then call them.

Simon
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

Police wouldn't be interested. They would say I should have researched them before I joined. In order to get any money back we would have to sue in civil court. There are some things being done to expose their fraud though. Be patient. It's coming.

Police are required to file a report for you by law then you can get a free report and set up a fraud alert and that would be seperate from your anual 

I am glad they didn't do that here (at least as of when I left I really couldn't know about after :- )

Simon
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

Police wouldn't be interested. They would say I should have researched them before I joined. In order to get any money back we would have to sue in civil court. There are some things being done to expose their fraud though. Be patient. It's coming.

Police are required to file a report for you by law then you can get a free report and set up a fraud alert and that would be seperate from your anual 

I am glad they didn't do that here (at least as of when I left I really couldn't know about after :- )

Ram Koirala
    Participant

In our Country we don't have a social security numbers, but church have made such Form where we should write every single details of us and I do have that form.

Ram Koirala
    Participant

In our Country we don't have a social security numbers, but church have made such Form where we should write every single details of us and I do have that form.

Viewing 6 replies - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.