Potential for fraud

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

While being a member I signed up for the “Heavenly Census”. The bible testifies that before the people entered Canaan a census was taken. The church explained before we entered heaven “spiritual Canaan” we too had to undergo a census. On this online census, we entered our social security numbers. At the time I thought nothing of it. Now that I’m no longer a member I realize they had no legal reason for our social security numbers.

I strongly suggest, as a precaution, for all former members to please check their credit report for unauthorized accounts or credit checks that may have been run. For your protection you may want to put a fraud alert on your account with the credit reporting bureaus.

Equifax (800) 525-6285

Trans Union (800) 680-7289

Experian (888) 397-3742

jellybean
    Participant

When did that happened?? Which year??

jellybean
    Participant

When did that happened?? Which year??

Disturbed
    Participant

I filled it out in 2012. But I heard recently that someone was asked directly for their social security number-no reason other than other people gave theirs.

Disturbed
    Participant

I filled it out in 2012. But I heard recently that someone was asked directly for their social security number-no reason other than other people gave theirs.

Emily
    Participant

You are also entitled to a free credit report once a year through this website:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Emily
    Participant

You are also entitled to a free credit report once a year through this website:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

emil
    Participant

I have been wondering. What would happen if ex-members were to make a complaint against the wmscog for extortion of money using wrongful claims? Wouldn't the police then have to investigate claims about the "spiritual marriage", year of baptism, and other so-called evidence that the wmscog presents to its members?

emil
    Participant

I have been wondering. What would happen if ex-members were to make a complaint against the wmscog for extortion of money using wrongful claims? Wouldn't the police then have to investigate claims about the "spiritual marriage", year of baptism, and other so-called evidence that the wmscog presents to its members?

Disturbed
    Participant

@Emil…identity theft/fraud is terrible and the police aren’t much help dealing with this unless it can be proven or traced back to the culprits.

There are different types of fraud:

Credit card fraud

Bank or finance fraud

Government documents fraud

Identity theft

http://studentmoneyskills.bankofamerica.com/article/view.asp?articleID=40

I’m just trying to let my loving brothers & sisters know to protect themselves from any potential fraud if they gave the church their social security numbers like I did. I already had fraud alert protection on my accounts so nothing has slipped by.

Disturbed
    Participant

@Emil…identity theft/fraud is terrible and the police aren’t much help dealing with this unless it can be proven or traced back to the culprits.

There are different types of fraud:

Credit card fraud

Bank or finance fraud

Government documents fraud

Identity theft

http://studentmoneyskills.bankofamerica.com/article/view.asp?articleID=40

I’m just trying to let my loving brothers & sisters know to protect themselves from any potential fraud if they gave the church their social security numbers like I did. I already had fraud alert protection on my accounts so nothing has slipped by.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Thanks for the information. However, I didn’t have to take or do any census at my location. At least, not that I remember.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Thanks for the information. However, I didn’t have to take or do any census at my location. At least, not that I remember.

Disturbed
    Participant

I wish I had been in my right mind. Before I joined I never gave my social unless a good reason was provided. Clearly I was in my wrong mind to open myself up to potential fraud so easily. God doesn’t have a need for my social security number! Makes me mad. Anyway what’s done is done. If I can prevent someone else from giving out their information then I’ve served others well 🙂

emil
    Participant

@Disturbed
    – I wasn't referring to identity theft at all. I meant all the money you guys contributed as tithes and other things there. You gave them because they defrauded you into believing Ahn and Zahng were God. But now you have figured that the wedding was a sham, the date of baptism was a lie and the whole edifice colapses. Ahn and Zahng were both previously married and have children by those marriages, etc. You have been conned. An American has been conned on American soil by a bunch of Koreans. Would that motivate your police to do some checking? Like whether the wedding was indeed a wedding, the date of baptism, the actual facts about the founding of the wmscog after the death of Ahn, etc.

Disturbed
    Participant

Police wouldn’t be interested. They would say I should have researched them before I joined. In order to get any money back we would have to sue in civil court. There are some things being done to expose their fraud though. Be patient. It’s coming.

Disturbed
    Participant

Police wouldn’t be interested. They would say I should have researched them before I joined. In order to get any money back we would have to sue in civil court. There are some things being done to expose their fraud though. Be patient. It’s coming.

Smurf
    Participant

Now that i think about it, I gave them my social security number too. I thought it served just to confirm the identity or something.

Looking back, I should have taken a stand on many things. But the pressure, the mind games, the distractions…. Those people are major leaugue con artists. Someone should do a behind the scenes documentary.

Smurf
    Participant

Now that i think about it, I gave them my social security number too. I thought it served just to confirm the identity or something.

Looking back, I should have taken a stand on many things. But the pressure, the mind games, the distractions…. Those people are major leaugue con artists. Someone should do a behind the scenes documentary.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Good one, Disturbed. Also the book of life is spiritual not physical.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Good one, Disturbed. Also the book of life is spiritual not physical.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.