"please really think about all the prophecies…and decide whether WMSCG [sic]is a cult"

Smurf
    Participant

I agree. The guy makes a valid point. Not to mention the way he presents his case… I mean come on, Ron!

Think about it!

Please.

Emily
    Participant

I hope you're being sarcastic…

Simon
    Participant

Anonymous writes:

I cannot come to think of anyone leaving the truth while our living God is still with us.

Well since the true living God won't let people just leave like that what does that say about the one you believe is the living God if people are leaving her in droves?

KF
    Participant

Emily wrote:

I hope you're being sarcastic…

Of  course he is! his name is Sarcastic Smurf!

admin wrote:

This comment was originally posted in response to "Missionary Ron Ramos Explains Why He Left the WMSCOG After Twelve Years – A Former Member's Story" on 5/9/13.

Anonymous writes:

I honestly ask that Ron, please really think about all the prophecies you have studied and really, truly really, think and decide whether WMSCG is a cult? I cannot come to think of anyone leaving the truth while our living God is still with us. Please do this!!!! =)

Really now Anonymous, let me ask you a question, and I do hope you see this and give me a reply. If Ron really thinks about all the prophecies he has studied and then comes to the conculsion that no WMSCG is not a cult and that he was wrong would the church allow him to come back.  Will they really forgive and forget.  If so how would his treatment in the church be.  

Have you ever asked yourself those questions.  Can a person who discovers errors and lies in doctrine, and speaks to world of it come back to the WMS and be treated as if nothing happen?  Honestly answer the question. 

Will Mother, GP, Pastor, Deacons, Missionarys and brothers & sisters really forget the whole incident and treat him like a brother again?

Simon
    Participant

There is a procedure in answer to your question actually

KF
    Participant

oh really Si'mon can you like actually tell me about it!

Simon
    Participant

Someone got all "persecutiony" and apparently changed their mind so they had to keep service at home and go preaching to prove repentence then when they bore a talent they could go back to keeping service again

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Someone got all "persecutiony" and apparently changed their mind so they had to keep service at home and go preaching to prove repentence then when they bore a talent they could go back to keeping service again

hmm..what about the x-brother that comes here (forgot his handle) he said he believed so much in the passover that he wanted to celebrate it this year, when he got there a whole bunch of brothers surrounded him and would not let him in.  He final got the attention of the pastor, who said ok but he had to shut off his phone.  Then he was sat inbetween brothers who babysat him and watched his every move, they even followed him when he went to the bathroom.

In the end the brother could not take it and left without celebrating the passover, because of the treatment he was getting.  He felt uncomfortable and that's the way it will be for all who leave and comes back, and I don't think they want them back anyway, but if they don't show a little mercy then they look bad, in the eyes of the brothers and sisters, so you know, it's all an act just so that the members can see and say that that person was given a 2nd chance but they just didn't belong and prefered the world, but in reality the treatment makes the person feel like an outcast, who does not belong.    Come on man we all make mistakes! but would you stay in a place you know your not wanted.

KF
    Participant

by the way Simon repentance comes from the heart and God knows what's really in our hearts, (that's how i see it) why does someone need to go and preach to show repentance to man, really now?

Simon
    Participant

That person in my example came back and i think is still there

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Anonymous: Yes. Ron really needs to think about leaving Wmscog especially since the living god is still there. I’d hate to see the living god leave and he misses out. I mean, why would he leave the living god? Who does that? Why Ron?

KF
    Participant

so why do they stress out keeping the sabbath in church, if you can keep service at home?

Simon
    Participant

its only special allowances

emil
    Participant

Anonymous writes:

I honestly ask that Ron, please really think about all the prophecies you have studied and really, truly really, think and decide whether WMSCG is a cult? I cannot come to think of anyone leaving the truth while our living God is still with us. Please do this!!!! =)

Hello Anonymous. If you ever do read this, just think about it. All those years that Ron preached in the WMSCOG, was he thinking about all the prophecies or was it on pure auto mode? Perhaps after all those years he actually began thinking about them.

MountainMom
    Participant

A little off the topic, but can anyone tell me where it is in the Bible that a person in the church has to pray at 8, 3, and 8 again each day?  Is that a man rule or a Bible rule?   Couldn't find it myself, and just considered it another manipulation to keep their minds on "Mother" even if they weren't at church. 

Smurf
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

A little off the topic, but can anyone tell me where it is in the Bible that a person in the church has to pray at 8, 3, and 8 again each day?  Is that a man rule or a Bible rule?   Couldn't find it myself, and just considered it another manipulation to keep their minds on "Mother" even if they weren't at church. 

Other churches have that as well, it's not only the WMS. I guess the connection is better or whatever… I find it a bit silly mainly because if everyone tries callin at the same time it will flood the heavenly servers  :`|

MountainMom
    Participant

What other churches?  (Please tell me it's the Catholic church, LOL!)  Anyway, is it a rule at the other churches or is it free will?  It seems to be an unbreakable rule at the wmscog that I can't find in the Bible.  So wouldn't that be a "man's rule?" 

Simon
    Participant

Times that in the summer equate to 9 and 3 are in the Bible as times of sacrifce

8pm is not it is allegedly prophesied here:

Zech 14:6 On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. 7:It will be a unique day—a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.

When evening comes will be light is about "mother" and also prayer times being sacrifice times and sacrifices could only be done when there is light so its a prophecy about an after dark sacrifice time thus prayer time and only the LORD knows when it will be

MountainMom
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, Simon.  However, these seem open to interpretation, and don't answer my question sufficiently.  There appears to be no black and white part in the Bible that equates to hard and fast rules about praying at any certain time in the day.  It really appears to be man's rules my son is going by.  Particularly, the men who are the pastors and recruiters.  They are the ones enforcing it, for sure, and the ones who told him he absolutely has to do this or lose salvation.  Man's rules. 

You know, I think money is the main motivation for most of the hierarchy in this church.  However, for some, possibly like FTOS, I think they get off on the power issue.  Having the power to censor videos and information for members, having power over their behavior, etc.  This would appeal to a certain type of personality who has never had power over things and then suddenly has this type of power handed to them, though undeservedly.  It might make them play games with people, just to show they can exert power.  Kind of what some people would call a "little man" syndrome.  Just a thought.     

Smurf
    Participant

Right on. Some people just want to watch the world burn ๐Ÿ˜›  and an instigator like FTOS sure seems like a puppet-master-wannabe. I would urge everyone not to feed his ego by responding to his juvenile remarks. And since his defence against logic highly impenetrable, ignoring him may prove to be more effective… then he'll have himself to deal with. You know… like the only way to defeat Medusa was by showing her a mirror…. dunno, just a thought ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.