Please Be Kind (:

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Have some of the members of the church forgotten the words of Jesus? Their aggressiveness towards other people here sometimes gets out of control. I know we are not perfect but for them who are in a church it just doesn’t look right to have that attitude. Seeing this makes me not want to go to church if the purpose is going to be defeated.

. We can not know what someone is going through unless we walk in their shoes.

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye

Luke 6:42 How can you think of saying, 'Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye

Like 6:27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.

35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be

condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Ephesians 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

It's all deranged. 

Disturbed
    Participant

Thank you KF. I thought I was the only one feeling the hostility from Unknown and 1004. I bet those are both new screen names for FTOS. Really aggressive. And why? Makes me glad I left. I have said many times there is NO love there. God can’t dwell amongst such hateful people. I am a sinner too, so please don’t think I’m only pointing the finger a them. We all have to repent.

fedupmom
    Participant

Disturbed,I agree with you, the hostility seems uncharacteristic of a church which claims to know the truth, if it WAS the “true church”, I find it hard to believe they would be so aggressive and hypocritical…Rather shouldn’t they be loving and trying to help “save” ALL” Gods’s children?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

They teach to be kind but they're so arrogant that they convince themselves their rudeness is being kind. It's how I used to think when I was a kid. I would call someone stupid and someone would say be nice. Then I would say, "I am being nice! I didn't punch her in the face.. that's being nice." Lol..

Simon
    Participant

Lol renita

Stained
    Participant

I think they could take a page from the Book of Stained and read how to treat people.  Stained is oh so kind and oh so gentle in his words and deeds. 

Questioninginla
    Participant

OP has many salient points.

The problem is, framing.  In the frame of mind of their worldview, their action is completely appropriate and justified.  From their point of view, the following will be offensive.  That how is it that in almost all cases of genocide it is everyday and average people that, for the most part, are convinced into performing crimes?  Our society takes an anecdotal approach at understanding this phenomenon, and typically the evil deeds are attributed to "bad apples", when evidence shows that the apples are placed in a bad barrel; ie, the situational aspects have a large influence factor on individual behavior.  People act in their interests, which is fundamentally based upon their framing of their world.  This example of very closed loop decision making is used for simplicity to show the power of totalism.  Having framing that is on that fringe yet is similar in defining behavior simply because of a group that has been defined as bad is as compared to genocide being water at boiling and fringe black/white thinking at 150 degrees; no one would willingly take a bath in either.

Long story short, I ask members to assume that if their worldview is correct (it is justified to treat ex-members badly) how is it that – being believers in the Bible – that “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you" reconciles with their behavior?

The key is to get them to think, regardless of how much water is coming out of the faucet at the moment, at least the valve has been opened.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Stained wrote:

I think they could take a page from the Book of Stained and read how to treat people.  Stained is oh so kind and oh so gentle in his words and deeds. 

Really? Are you? Truly?

Stained
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Stained wrote:

Really? Are you? Truly?

For it is I, the all powerful and wise STAINED that has dubbed it so.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.