Part 3 Rebecca Gardner

jw03550
    Participant

but it makes sense to the members

and that's all that matters to the leadership that pull the strings.

and then members can go online and actually tell themselves that they are doing research.

MountainMom
    Participant

Yes, the members are the target audience for the videos against Hassan.  No doubt.  And the target of the Rebecca Gardner videos.  Anyone else could see through these propaganda films easily.  The undue influence really is a phenomenon with this bunch. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I wouldn’t want to be in Rebecca’s shoes right now. I feel bad for her. She might find that the church might turn their backs on her.

It’s pretty ridiculous that the cog accuses Hassan of breaking up families. The division that occurs between member and family comes from the church I believe, not Hassan.

jw03550
    Participant

Agreed on Rebecca.  It is likely that she is in a hot seat.

tbh, I dont think its that ridiculous – it is an easy sell that Hassan breaks up families.   The members are looking for reasons and the group gives them reasons.

Hassan never gets to tell the full story of what he actually advocates for.  And we know the group isn't going to give any support to anything other than what is on its agenda.  One sided information means lots of influence.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Anyone can see that Hassan doesnt break up families. Hassan isnt seeking the families out, or telling them to leave their homes etc. Michelle has nothing to do with this site. She was sued because she went on a websites forum and spoke against Wms (probably after she signed the disclosure agreement that many of us exmembers did).

Done
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

Anyone can see that Hassan doesnt break up families. Hassan isnt seeking the families out, or telling them to leave their homes etc. Michelle has nothing to do with this site. She was sued because she went on a websites forum and spoke against Wms (probably after she signed the disclosure agreement that many of us exmembers did).

What disclosure agreement? I'm a former member and I never signed anything

MountainMom
    Participant

Done wrote:

UntouchableJ wrote:

What disclosure agreement? I'm a former member and I never signed anything

I am not sure how many people have had to sign the agreements, but I know many have.  It is possible that if they think you know too much or are too outspoken that the Wms might have you be a person who signs a non disclosure agreement.  I don't know how they gage it.  But I know for sure it has been a practice with some people who were members.  In one case they told a person that the agreement was to "protect both you and the church."  However, she took the time to read it, and there was no protection in it for her, only the church.  It sounded like they were pressuring her just to sign it without looking closely.  They picked the wrong person, though.  She is very good under pressure, it turns out.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Mayor and mike never signed no disclosure agreement. They should have got me to sign up. Because now could say things like all members don’t have the protection of the passover because it was the wrong month. Nor did they eat from the tree of life (passover bread and wine) because it was the wrong tree. Mama is NOT God, just a well thought out deception to gain your obedience. The church needs to shut down all church operations and return to Korea because we aren’t buying this anymore! High ya!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

There were two major points in the agreement; 1. That all the truth books and any related teachings were Wms property Anne would need to be relenquished if used improperly.

2. We agreed that we wouldnt slander the Church.

Now, I wasn’t to pressed, because #1 coukd be thrown out civilly, because WMS leaders would have to refund an exmember their money, or give the exmember the books back, Elohist Magazines etc. Also, the bible studies I wrote in MY journals, are covered under the First Amendmant.

#2 Also falls under 1st Amend./Free speech. Wms thinks anything said against them is Slander. Ah, the infamous “S” word. Its pretty comical, that for a church that has a legal team, they don’t know much.

MountainMom
    Participant

Agreed Untouchable.  I don't think the non disclosure agreements are worth the paper they are printed on.  They serve to intimidate people who might speak out, though.  I think that is really their purpose.  People need to speak.  If they stick to the truth and nothing but, they will be fine.  I think we can tell our stories, it is our right under free speech. 

Viewing 10 replies - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.