Part 3 Rebecca Gardner

jw03550
    Participant

are the posts for her video being censored in favor of current members?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They definately are deleting the comments from exmembers, and the statements from current members are all leading and subliminal.

Joshua
    Participant

Once again this group proves how controlling and manipulative they are. No shock here! One word, "Pathetic."

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Rather amazing how even the “truewmscog” channel responded. “When will they apologize to Rebecca?”. Apologize for what? People are now well aware of their nonsense.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I hate how they manipulate. Also how they dont even prove a point and their answers are so vague! For example they say ex members dont have any evidence even though they give specific incidences and examples when in turn the cog says stuff like Missionary John didnt get to finish his sentence so they show it and he says something like well a religions are a cult. Basically this video was a waste of time and I disliked it and it went away so now there are only likes….lame!! Not to mention all the comments are positive from members. Rebecca seems so brainwashed and does something weird w her eyes and her mannerism only is not right.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Why are they hating on Steve Hassan so much. He is only try to help people. Also is the cog serious about saying they dont influence or brainwash. Just in the way they speak is brainwashing. For example they say World Mission Society Church of God like a million times and certain catch phrases over and over and over. Very repetitive!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They literally, are waging war against Hassan. The video with Ron Ramos did alot of damage to the WMS. Notice how they accuse the producers of making the church look dark and scary because they took a picture of the church door at night (Gardner’s words), yet when the displayed the thumbnail pic of Hassan they distorted his face to look creepy? This is beyond annoying now, because they are refocusing the same story. Its old news now.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

Really nice to see them try their best to justify their claims.The fact is they do force people to pay tithes or they tell you if you don't you are cheating god and your worship is in vain,god won't listen to your prayers.Another point I know where they teach you cant love your parents ,children or your own brothers and sisters in zion or out of zion with all your heart it means you have made them your idol,so you should only love and praise Heavenly Father and Mother. Taking the video in the dark at night it is very obvious they won't let them shoot the video when all their members are around ,The way they have made up this video and tried to accuse Hassan and Ron makes me realise and feel that there is no doubt it is a Cult.Rebecca needs to look at Mumbai zion in India where  there are Families facing the same issue she has been in.

jw03550
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

Notice how they accuse the producers of making the church look dark and scary because they took a picture of the church door at night

yet when the displayed the thumbnail pic of Hassan they distorted his face to look creepy?

The rules may be broken when one is enlightened and of the chosen….

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

And didn’t at one time a current member accuse Hassan as being our leader? And then again we were accused of being paid to make comments. I find it amusing.

Hassan allowed us to exercise our freedom of speech. He has given us a space to speak. I appreciate that.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Yes on both. It seems like they are in a clear fight with themselves, even having a conversation amongst themselves. Eternally playing the victim, but taking random shots at exmembers for leaving

David
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

And didn't at one time a current member accuse Hassan as being our leader? And then again we were accused of being paid to make comments. I find it amusing.

Hassan allowed us to exercise our freedom of speech. He has given us a space to speak. I appreciate that.

Hey M&M, could you elaborate on the last sentence? I'm not sure what you mean

jw03550
    Participant

Taking a step back – I think their video is very effective:

The intended audience is clearly their members – and members that go online, which I assume they are not supposed to be doing in the first place.  Talking to "cult" counselors is nothing but problems is the clear message.  Spoiler alert:  the members now "choose" to do this of their own accord – their decision based upon poor logic, but an effective propaganda campaign.

Steve has a good message, as mentioned above – we have the freedom to research and look.  Jesus allows that, if we look.  But if our leaders pick and choose for us and provide the propaganda….

even John Mayer gets it:  "when they own the information, ohhh, they can bend it all they want"…(waiting on the world to change)

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

It looks to me the member continues to support the church and keeps division between her and her family. I think the video is also for potential new members who don’t know much about the church.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

@David. Hassan opened a coffee shop at the corner of dot com and examiningthewmscog and has given us a place where we can come in, sit down, and discuss the latest like the new NHL team moving into the Las Vegas arena, or the world mission society church of god. We can openly talk about our thoughts, feelings, opinions, and experiences. It’s open for others to listen in, or join the conversation. Hassan helped us by opening a space for us and in turn I think we are helping others. I think that is right on.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I have never seen a church fight so dirty against people who are only trying to speak about their experiences and wrongs that have been done to them. I dont even know of any that care when people speak out against them. You don’t see Catholics putting up videos telling the cog or whoever to stop talking trash about them. They could care less. Bc people are free to come and go and make their own decisions. Just the fact that the cog is manipulating youtube videos and comments goes to show how they want to control every aspect of the members lives.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

COG has a very different level of arrogance. They try to have a convenient answer for every loophole. This mixed with the brainwashing, makes members NEVER question the dogma. Members beleive everything they are told.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I assume Hassan created this site.

Anyways, I think they should eat some humble pie and then understand that not everyone will believe or agree with everything they teach. They believe they are in the truth but we see them differently, very very differently. Maybe they need to renew their minds and look in the mirror and see themselves how they are. Maybe this is not a church, just a business.

jw03550
    Participant

I'm pretty sure that Michelle Colon started the site(?)

isn't that why she got sued?

Michelle / Steve / Ron / Diane – same difference though…

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

I assume Hassan created this site.

Anyways, I think they should eat some humble pie and then understand that not everyone will believe or agree with everything they teach. They believe they are in the truth but we see them differently, very very differently. Maybe they need to renew their minds and look in the mirror and see themselves how they are. Maybe this is not a church, just a business.

It's really funny that people blame Steve Hassan for everything under the sun. Not only did he have nothing to do with starting this site, he had nothing to do with the three or four OTHER sites that were up exposing this cult before this one was even started.  Steve Hassan didn't know anything about the WMSCOG before 2010.  He attended Professor Tark's presentation at the 2010 Cultic Studies Convention. 

The only reason the Wms targets him is because he has been successful at rescuing several people from their clutches.  The families came to him, he got their loved one out and reunited with their families, and then the Wms tries to say "Steve Hassan destroys families."  Makes no sense. 

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.