THE THRONE OF GOD

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Matthew 19:28–Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne…

Revelation 3:21–To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Revelation 4:2-3–…there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian.

Revelation 7:17–For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;

he will lead them to springs of living water.

Revelation 19:4–The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne.

Revelation 22:3-4–The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

Comments:

According to the Bible, how many thrones are there in heaven?  It is clear by the constant use of the singular word throne, that there is only one throne.  How many will be seated on the throne.  Matthew refers to the Son of Man. Is that one? When Jesus speaks in Revelation 3:21, he tells us the he will be seated with his Father.   Is that two? It must be understood that the Father and Jesus are one (John 10:30) because the Father lives in Jesus.  There is one God, one savior, one Father, one LORD, one throne, one King of Kings and Lord of lords…Jesus.

Jesus is everything to us:  He is God, savior, mediator, propitiation for sin, advocate, and comforter.  Soon, he will be our rescuer, King and ruler.

KF
    Participant

***Let it be known that I am referring to the Throne of God(which is only ONE, fit for ONE God) not the thrones of the elders.

KF
    Participant

Hal wrote:

Not to me.. Revelation is nothing more than various Scroll (specifically Daniel) redone…

ok, that's your opinion, and your entitled to it, not everyone has your thoughts

KF
    Participant

Hal wrote:

KF wrote:

Hal wrote:

Not to me.. Revelation is nothing more than various Scroll (specifically Daniel) redone…

ok, that's your opinion, and your entitled to it, not everyone has your thoughts

Actually its the truth.. John from patmos wrote revelation with help from Daniel and various other prophets scrolls..

Hal, either way I was speaking of how many THRONES God has in heaven.  There could only be one, fit for one King of kings and lords of lords, not a mother God.

Simon
    Participant

Throne could refer to both seats for corulers it doesn’t but it could semantically

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.