Old Testament

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

Is the Passover necessary to go to heaven? If not, why?

Smurf
    Participant

No, neither is the Sabath day.

Paul tells us that every law in the old testament is there until Jesus' coming.

Gal 3:19Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come.

Gal 3:13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us

These are just a few examples but you'll find more if you read all the letters to the galatians.

Smurf
    Participant

No, neither is the Sabath day.

Paul tells us that every law in the old testament is there until Jesus' coming.

Gal 3:19Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come.

Gal 3:13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us

These are just a few examples but you'll find more if you read all the letters to the galatians.

emil
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

What passover are you talking about? Can you specify? The original passover was only for the Jews.

Can you please read 1 Cor 11:17-34 and tell me if that is what you are refering to? Is that what you call the passover? If yes, then it must also be clear to you that it was not an annual event but every time "you gather together as a church". Besides, the apostles did not refer to it as a passover but the Lord's Supper.

emil
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

What passover are you talking about? Can you specify? The original passover was only for the Jews.

Can you please read 1 Cor 11:17-34 and tell me if that is what you are refering to? Is that what you call the passover? If yes, then it must also be clear to you that it was not an annual event but every time "you gather together as a church". Besides, the apostles did not refer to it as a passover but the Lord's Supper.

emil
    Participant

Smurf is right about following the law. However I must point out that there is just one letter to the Galatians. Perhaps you meant all through the letter to the Galatians.

We do not follow the OT laws in order to earn a place in heaven. We do follow the moral laws of the OT, which Jesus confirmed at various times in the gospels, as a consequence of our love of God and neighbour. I hope this is not confusing.

emil
    Participant

Smurf is right about following the law. However I must point out that there is just one letter to the Galatians. Perhaps you meant all through the letter to the Galatians.

We do not follow the OT laws in order to earn a place in heaven. We do follow the moral laws of the OT, which Jesus confirmed at various times in the gospels, as a consequence of our love of God and neighbour. I hope this is not confusing.

Smurf
    Participant

Sorry, galatians AND Hebrews.

Hebrews 4 talks about a different kind of Sabbath

Smurf
    Participant

Sorry, galatians AND Hebrews.

Hebrews 4 talks about a different kind of Sabbath

emil
    Participant

^Absolutely spot on.

emil
    Participant

^Absolutely spot on.

Simon
    Participant

Complex question ultimately only faith in jesus and what god places on your heart

Simon
    Participant

Complex question ultimately only faith in jesus and what god places on your heart

Stained
    Participant

I thought Lewis Black cleared this up for you guys.  Watch it again, please.

The Old Testament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrlWOhtj3g 

Stained
    Participant

I thought Lewis Black cleared this up for you guys.  Watch it again, please.

The Old Testament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrlWOhtj3g 

Simon
    Participant

I personally don’t care what lewis black has to say

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.