Non Admissable Evidence

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

In the forum, I read a comment about a member who refuses to read Ash's Forbidden Book because it was removed from the church by Ash. This isn't the 1st time I've come across this excuse. They like to apply our "ridiculous" logic to extreme situations, so here's one for you:

A friend of your's has a diary full of all her secrets. She gives you her diary to read. You begin reading it and see she's been consealing fear behind her everyday smile. Without her diary, you would have never known she was afraid for her life; that a strange person had been following her. She doesn't tell anyone because she's afraid. She just records her thoughts, feelings, and events in her diary. For some reason, she tells you to stop reading her diary and expresses that you never share what you've read with anyone. You both agree to lock it away. A few days go by and she's found dismembered in her bedroom. The police begin to ask you questions to see if you have any leads. Immediately, you remember her diary. It gives specific descriptions of the stranger. Where she saw him. What he said to her. Everything the police need to catch him is in that diary. Then you recall her saying not to tell anyone what you read. So.. you keep it a secret. You lie to the police and say you have no idea who could have done this. Years pass.. decades pass.. her murder still hasn't been solved. You decide to share the book with the police. You explain the story and tell them why you've kept it a secret. But they refuse to hear you. You go to the family and give them the same layout. They follow suit with the officers. Why won't they listen? This diary will surely solve the case! You ask.. they answer.. "The author of this book doesn't want anyone to read it. So, we won't read it."

You see how foolish that sounds? Granted, no one should be dismembered due to their affiliation with the church (they shouldn't).. I wonder why Ash pulled the book off the shelves. That was never explained to me. Deaconess Deborah just said he recalled all the books. I also wonder why, if he truly didn't want anyone reading, he didn't pull it from being published again. Why are Ash's books available in the library in Korea but not in America?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.