No Other Gospel – Paul Says….

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

No Other Gospel

Galatians 1:6-9

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Please note that this chapter comes before Galatians 4:26.

emil
    Participant

The wmscog claims that other churches are perverting the gospel as Paul had warned. If only they would read the whole letter to the Galatians, they would know what perversion Paul is talking about.

Sarah2013
    Participant

The whole book of Galatians is a must study especially for all Wmscog members. I am studying it now and it’s sad how it is twisted by Wmscog leaders.

Questioninginla
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CveQIEcEmYY

The whole thing is worth watching, but skip to 13:30 for this thread.

Let's see if 1004, FTOS, and 144000 can actually watch it.  Go ask for permission boys.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Not sure i get you here, Hal.

emil
    Participant

Paul's target is not the discarding of all the moral laws. He targets the belief that following the laws is the path to salvation. He means that we should focus on relationship with God which will automatically bring obedience to Him. We obey the moral law because of love of God and not to earn salvation or because of fear of damnation.

Sarah2013
    Participant

emil wrote:

Paul's target is not the discarding of all the moral laws. He targets the belief that following the laws is the path to salvation. He means that we should focus on relationship with God which will automatically bring obedience to Him. We obey the moral law because of love of God and not to earn salvation or because of fear of damnation.

I believe this to be true  because by focusing on a relationship with God, we will be more apt to obey Him in truth and in spirit. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

Hal wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

Not sure i get you here, Hal.

The idea of moral laws was to live under a guided law as set forth by G-d. Not man made wording that (much like the X-Files) " The Truth Is Out There"…. Saul has a damned if you do and damned if you dont. Salvation has never been apart of any religious jewish concept and is a man made idea to be one with G-d…

When you type G-d is that God? 

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.