NA/ZI Zion

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

I found something very interesting about the Hitler Youth and how people were indoctrinated after being inspired to research it by a former member of the “church”. Let’s see what happens when we touch on what is found in the WMSCOG compared to the indoctrination of the Hitler Youth and people who followed Hitler.

Hitler: The boys were encouraged to question or even reject some authority figures, such as parents or church leaders, which appeled to many boys. They were required, however, to accept NA/ZI principles without question… They were tighty regimented by rules and regulations. [sic] http://histclo.com/youth/youth/org/nat/hitler/hitler.htm

WMSCOG: The members of the WMSCOG are encouraged to “test the spirits” [1 John 4:1] of their friends, families, and other churches. They were required, however, to accept the Zion principles without question; because that would be conspiring “to test the Spirit of the Lord” [Acts 5:9]. They were tightly regimented by rules and regulations such as Feasts, prayer times, stockings, hair styles, clothing, etc.

Hitler: In fact it could be quite dangerous in  NA/ZIGermany to speak one's mind, especially on matters of interest to Hitler and theNA/ZIs. The Hitler Youth program reflected Hitler's distrust of intelectuals and lack of interest in intelectual pursuits. [sic] http://histclo.com/youth/youth/org/nat/hitler/hitler.htm

WMSCOG: It could be quite dangerous for your soul to speak one’s mind, especially on matters of interest to AhnSahngHong and Zahng Gil Jah. They must be “of one mind” [Phil 2:2] or they might fall away. The members reflected the “church’s” distrust of intellectuals and lack of interest in intellectual pursuits by excommunicating those who ask too many questions.

Hitler: One of the major ways that Hitler achieved consensus was through the creation of an extensive propaganda machine… The Ministry's aim was to ensure that the NA/ZImessage was successfully communicated through art, music, theater, films, books, radio, educational materials, and the press” (NA/ZI Propaganda). The use of propaganda served many purposes.  It not only persuaded many of the people to follow the NA/ZI beliefs, it led the Germans to believe that Hitler and the NA/ZIs were helping restore Germany’s stability and power, “Propaganda also encouraged passivity and acceptance of the impending measures against Jews, as these appeared to depict the NA/ZI government as stepping in and “restoring order” (NA/ZI Propaganda). [sic] http://www.newfoundations.com/GALLERY/Hitler.html

WMSCOG: One of the major ways that the “church” achieves consensus is through the creation of an extensive propaganda machine. The We Luv U Foundation and the WMSCOG headquarters’ aim is to ensure that the “church” message was successfully communicated through art (comics), music (New Song), theater (flash performances), films (the Heavenly Play and other WMSCOG exclusive videos), books (“Truth” books exclusive to the WMSCOG), radio (New Song radio),and the press (yea…). The use of propaganda serves many purposes. It not only persuades many of the people to follow the “church’s” beliefs, it led others to believe that AhnSahnghong, Zahng Gil Jah, and their followers were helping restore the Truth that had been lost. Propaganda also encouraged passivity and acceptance of the measures against the Catholic church, as these depict God Elohim as stepping in and restoring the Truth.

I don’t want this to get too long, though it probably already has, but you get my point right? The WMSCOG has many similarities in their process of indoctrination when compared to the NA/ZIs. Sometimes you can’t recognize that it’s indoctrination until you see it from a different point of view. Clearly the Hitler Youth, NA/ZI folk, and others were indoctrinated. Now that you can see the tactics side by side it should be easier to recognize them. It might be hard to swallow but the WMSCOG is doing the very same.

MountainMom
    Participant

I see what you are saying.  I also see the similarities to their indoctrination and abusive relationships in general.  Interesting. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I see what you are saying.  I also see the similarities to their indoctrination and abusive relationships in general.  Interesting. 

Definitely. When I talk to people about the cult I describe their membership as an abusive relationship, because it's just that.

emil
    Participant

Good work Renita

The Chive
    Participant

This was also done with the GDR (formely known as East Germany) FDJ or Free German Youth….

Love'n Honey
    Participant

What I was looking for was evidence the ex members claim that Hitler had the children watching and listening to hours and hours of movies and music as a form of indoctrination. He likened it to his short experience. The first thing the members do when you walk through the doors for the 1st time is encourage you to watch a video. My 1st time there, they had me watch 2 videos that were practically the same. The focus was how big the church was in America but it also showed some volunteer events as well.

Here, let me sit you in front of a TV for an hour so you can see how good and amazing we are. Because we're so kind and happy and have a deep congregation, the follow studies must be the Truth from God.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I think this is a interesting topic!

In Robert J Lifton's book: Thought Repform and the Psychology of Totalism, he introduces us to prisoners: priests, teachers, etc. Most of these people he introduces in the beginning of the book eventualy gave in to their oppressors in order to save their own lives; most were severely abused. The interesting comparison to WMSCOG is not with the prisoners (although Jane Darrow, the missionary's daughter is similar to a recruit for WMSCOG) but in the young communist party members who were recruited and indoctrinated to believe that communism was the "truth!" 

In chapter 14 we are introduced to Mr. Hu, a college graduate who was recruited into the communist party. Here are some of the highlights of his story:

He arrived at the quarters where they would study and he found the "Communist cadres warm in their greetings, helpful in their orienting tours and enthusiastic in their talk about the revolutionary university, the Communist movement, the new hope for the future." (P 254-255). 

"To Hu and to most of the others, the atmosphere was exhilarating. Initial reserve quickly gave way, and students began to reveal to one another details of their backgrounds, and of their frustrations, beliefs and future aspirations." (p 256).

"The revoluntionary university seemed to be a place which brought together young people from all over with a great deal in common. We ate slept and talked together, all of us eager to make new friends. The ten of us were at first strangers, but we quickly developed a strong bond… I had very warm feelings toward the group and toward the school. I felt I was being treated well in a very free atmosphere. I was happy and thought that I was on my way to a new life." (p 256).

The students attended lectures that lasted for hours. They took notes and no questions or interruptions were allowed. After the lectures, they reassembled in small groups to discuss the lectures. These meetings continued all day, every day, followed by more lectures.  (p 258).

Hu became a group leader and had to report the attitudes and progress for each student to the leaders. "He enjoyed both his teaching and his organizational resonsibilities. He shared with the other students a sense of pulling together toward a common goal in a spirit of crusade." (p 258).

The pressure to report soon became intense and "the descriptions of past and present attitudes which students had so freely offered each other during the first days, now came back to haunt them." (p 259). 

They began to be critized for their failings and were taught to put aside all individualism. They had to put aside all sentiments including attachments to family and friends who would interfere with them carrying out their mission of reform. (p 260).

When Hu was critizied, "he would admit his shortcomings, and even go on to make the proper self-criticism in attributing them to 'ruling class' and 'bourgeois' influences in his family and educational background. But there was something perfunctory in his manner of doing so, and the cadres sensed his inner resistance. Often one or more of them would make a friendly approach to him, suggesting that he seemed troubled by 'ideological problems,' asking him to 'talk things over.' They would go on to tell him that they considered him a man of great promise, the type needed by the Party, one who would go far in the organization. They even described other cases of similar young men, also highly individualistic at the time of their thought reform, who had, after ridding themselves of this deficiency, become high-ranking Communist officials." (p 261).

If personal relationships develeoped between a man and woman, they were encouraged as long as both were progressing, or one was encouraging the other to progress. If one was found to be "impeding" the progress of the other, the progressive one was "encouraged" to break it off. (p 262).

In order to graduate, Hu had to summit a report of everything he had learned. The 2nd requirement was to denouce his father. This was extremely hard for him but a requirment to prove his devotion to the Party.  He received a letter from his father: "You young people no longer think of the older generation. Your affections towards us must be very light. You do not understand how an old man feels about his son. Our affection for you is beyond your comprehension." (p 268).

After several years, Hu escapes China and realizes he spent years being indoctrinated to believe lies. My heart breaks for the father! I can so relate to his comment.

Sorry this is so long – but the simularities between the methods of the WMSCOG and the communists is incredible! Both understand that the young are much more vulnerable to throught reform and thus the target of college campuses.

Thank you Love'n Honey for starting this discussion!

emil
    Participant

Very sad reading. I feel for all the parents who's children are trapped in this abomination.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Ms. Freedom:  I see such similarities in the communistic indoctrination you have described and the wmscog that it seems like they used the exact same playbook.  Very interesting.  My heart also breaks for the father who received the renouncing letter from his son. 

Thanks to Renita for bringing out this discussion, also.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.