My experience and getting out

• Creator
    Topic
    Shawn
    Participant

Hello all, I figured I'd share my experience with wmscog real quick.  I was involved with them for a few months, not very long but long enough for it to take the toughest emotional/mental toll on me that I've ever experienced, and I just got out a few weeks ago.  I was super excited about them and their teachings at first until I started doing my research (and thank God I did it early) and found this website and all the crazy things I never knew.  When I told them about my issues I found on the internet I was passed around to different people in studies and after an hour and a half of a missionary bascially talking down to me when I said I didn't want to come back I agreed to come to one more month of studies (just so she would stop talking).  The next one I went to (which ended up being my last) the missionary told me that according to Matthew 24:34 "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." and that apparently a generation is 70-80 years that the world would come to an end in either 2018 or 2028 and that it would somehow be brought about by Kim Jong Un.  Interesting how a church founded in S. Korea would take aim at the leader of N. Korea, hm? I honestly don't remember why she said it was him I just got out of there as fast as I could.  They kept telling me that no one knows they date of the last days but then all of a sudden they pull this out, I'm guessing as a scare tactic to make me stay.

Anyway I'm so glad I got out and I'm happily in a new, laid back church where I'm free to speak my mind and ask questions.  I will pray that all of your loved ones make it out of this destructive cult with their sanity still intact, and they are exposed for who they really are.

Smurf
    Participant

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad more people are seeing the real face of this evil organization. If they keep acting like a cult, sooner or later people are going to see through all the lies and faked smiles. Interestingly enough, according to Ahn Sahng Hong a generation was only 40 years, since the israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years. And now it's 80? How does god get his own prophecies wrong?? Does he have Alzheimers? ๐Ÿ˜€

As for Kim jeong Un, the only thing he can bring about is cake. ^^

http://i.imgur.com/FFRce.jpg

Azula
    Participant

In my year the one who was said to bring about the end was kim jong-un's dad and he died… and still the end was nowhere in sight. The cult is very adaptive because their prophecies are always changing after each failed prophecy

MountainMom
    Participant

I can't believe how many times they have predicted the end of the world, and all the different ways it was supposed to end, and then nothing happened.  And the members fell over and over for the lame excuses for their failed prophecies.  Doesn't failed prophesies equal FALSE PROPHET in their minds?  Weren't we warned of false prohets in the Bible?

I've had people tell me their kid was panicked and asking them to pray with them at the wms church because World War III had already started and the end was going to be in September (Hype because of the trouble with North Korea).  I've been told a meteor was going to hit the earth the end of September.  I've heard the blood moon on the 28th is the end day.  I've heard the end of the Jubilee year, (September 23rd) signaled the end of the world.  Add all this to the failed prophesies of 1988, 2,000, and 2012 and it looks like the score is  World Mission Society = 0, Truth = at least 7.  And that is just a very conservative 7 for Truth because I know there are other failed prophesies out there from the World Mission Society, but I know it hasn't happened yet, so Truth keeps winning! 

I know the end will come someday, but I also know what a false prophet is.  Many people who are members of the WMS are really good people, and they have simply been duped by false prophets out for monetary gain, and the rush that they get for exerting power and control over their members.  Didn't Moses lead the people out of bondage a long time ago?  There is no need to serve the leaders of the WMS either.

Kai TIng
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I can't believe how many times they have predicted the end of the world, and all the different ways it was supposed to end, and then nothing happened.  And the members fell over and over for the lame excuses for their failed prophecies.  Doesn't failed prophesies equal FALSE PROPHET in their minds?  Weren't we warned of false prohets in the Bible?

I am freshly out of this group. I was inside for one year and the thing is, most times they do not let normal members in on the end time prophecis, they do not announce a specific date to us regarding that, at least not the place where I come from.

Thankfully God has provided us with the Bible, and it was only after reading the Bible myself that I finally got myself out. Apparently they had no answer to the verses I quoted so the only fallback was "God can change the Bible if he wants to"……it's sad really

Felicia1122
    Participant

Kai TIng wrote:

I am freshly out of this group. I was inside for one year and the thing is, most times they do not let normal members in on the end time prophecis, they do not announce a specific date to us regarding that, at least not the place where I come from.

Thankfully God has provided us with the Bible, and it was only after reading the Bible myself that I finally got myself out. Apparently they had no answer to the verses I quoted so the only fallback was "God can change the Bible if he wants to"……it's sad really

Glad you're out! Another soul saved from that place.  There are many helpful people here and will be glad to assist you.  Welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

MountainMom
    Participant

Kai TIng wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

@Kai:  Older members who have been in longer remember all kinds of different scare tactics about the end of the world.  There have been at least 4 different times that I heard about.  One of those I heard right at the church, said to a group by a devoted member about five years ago.  There are witnesses that he said he was completely positive the world would end in 2012.  I know that my loved one in the church was frantic to recruit because he also believed it.  He was also told that the end of all Muslims and Catholics would be in 2012.  What happened to both those predictions by "Mother"?  Obviously if they were told these things, they had to come straight from "God the Mother" via phone calls to her "chosen ones" Pastors.  Why else would so many of their members believe it?  Somebody was spreading it, and those somebodies were the Pastors.  Apparently they lied to get people frantic to recruit.  They are master manipulators.  And at the same time, I met a parent whose son in another Zion was being told the end was in 2018.  They cannot get their stuff together, apparently.  They seem to be wrong more often than the weathermen, lol!  How many of the rest of us could be so wrong so many times in our jobs and not get fired? 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I am freshly out (1 month). As stated, they are always changing prophecies when they fail. We joined in 2010. We were told that the temple would be completed in 2012, and that that meant no more preaching. When the church kept preaching we were told that the prophecy had an “inspection period” to see if the material was worthy. Then, came the Year of Jubilee and then Gemstone prophecy etc. It just never stops. Glad Im free now

MountainMom
    Participant

"Mother" sent a message to all the people at the Zion in Chicago in the fall of 2012 that the coming winter was supposed to be the worst winter ever, and so they were advised out to go out and  buy extra coats,lay in supplies, etc.  That winter Chicago set a record for the latest snowfall ever, and it was one of the mildest winters on record.  Lol!  And the world didn't end, and there was no end to Catholics and Muslims either!  Isn't it three strikes you are out?  In that case, the wms has been out several times over.  When the completely wrong information from Mother was questioned, it was explained away as a "test" to see if they were ready and obedient.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.