Moving on and Moving Forward

• Creator
    Topic
    Azula
    Participant

Hey guys sorry about the recent election results. Even though I'm on the other side of the world I can empathise with how annoying it must be to have a political system that favours elite rule. But on a lighter side just wanted to share some good news.

After nearly two years of having left the cult I am finally beginning to piece my life together and have been making steady progress. One of the things I really wanted to do after leaving the cult was to complete my education and I am happy to announce that I'll be graduating at the end of the year!

Things are moving forward and it wasn't easy getting here, but I cannot thank you guys enough for being that lifeline that I needed when I eventually left. I can remember how terrified I was to start school again because there were the voices from the cult that still lingered and told me that any ambition that the cult did not approve of was worldly and evil.

I remember the times when we were warned that the end was coming soon (aka 2012), but lo and behold it is now 2016 going onto 2017 and the world is still here! Once again to those with loved ones in the cult I want to encourage you guys not to give up, the lies can only go on for so long and they will need you guys when they finally decide to leave.

Much Love

WarriorQueen
    Participant

So freaking happy for you Azula!! You have your feet planted and you’re going to do great things!! You rock… Continue to keep on strong!!!!

MountainMom
    Participant

Thank you for the uplifting report of your success in moving on, Azula!  I think we all need some good news like that.  So happy for you, and so glad you are sharing your experiences here.  It can be done.  There is life after cult involvement, and it's a great one.  Please continue to share how things are going.  Also, we need to keep in touch with people who can tell us that they did hear the 2012 doomsday message.  At the same time it was being told to my son in Chicago, they were telling another lady's son in Seattle (He was younger, only 18) that the doomsday was going to be in 2018.  Good news there, too, they got their son out with an intervention.  He's doing great now (This was in 2011) and he has graduated from college and is moving on successfully, like you!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

2018? Are these people for real. Not again.

After Azula graduates, she'll get a good job, then maybe go for a tropical vacation in 2018, after she buys a new car, and apartment or house. Theres no time for the end in 2018 is what I'm saying.

MountainMom
    Participant

There are so many success stories of people who left the church.  They are moving on and are so happy they left the intense pressure and stranglehold this cult had on them.  I hope they continue to share their stories, as you have, Azula.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.