Home Forums General Moved Comment From "The Church With A Small Number Of Members Is The True Church"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TaintedByUrLies 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carmen,

This website is here for many positive reasons.  Since you have not visited the WMSCOG, you have no idea how individuals and families have been affected negatively because of the WMSCOG.  If you had a close family member in the WMSCOG, you would be so thankful for a website like this.  It also gives ex members the oppoortunity to open up about there experiences in a way where they may feel more comfortable.

Submitted on 2011/10/18 at 5:55 PM  "carmen" wrote:

I think it wrong to bash one church…Why must you carry on a website about one church. Excuse my French but I think you need to f*** off. If people want to go and of that’s what makes then happy let them be. I don’t even go to this church and I’m annoyed by you. 

Carmen,

I'm not sure what you consider "bashing" but I agree with Genny.  This site is geared toward informing the public about the dangers and problems with the WMSCOG.  But you write with a very angry tone and I'm not sure why.  If you are not a member of the WMSCOG, and I assume you haven't experienced any great loss because of the organization, why does the site upset you to the point where you would take time out of your busy day to comment and use profanity?  I am curious about what your response would be to WMSCOG Chief Pastor Joo Cheol Kim's statements in his book My Sheep Listen To My Voice.  Joo Cheol Kim stated the following on pages 318-319:

"Today, many people insist that theirs is the only true church that can guarantee salvation and eternal life.  All denominations–Presbyterian, Methodist, Catholic, Salvation Army, Jehovah's Witnesses and so on–insist that God is only their God.  However, God has never established such confusing doctrines…There are many churches in the world, but God acknowledged only Zion as His people's dwelling place. Therefore, Zion is a treasury of truth which God's people must know for their salvation."

Just so you know, the WMSCOG calls their churches "Zion".  So although Joo Cheol Kim criticizes other churches for allegedly insisting that only they can guarantee salvation and eternal life, further down on the page he insists that the WMSCOG is the only church where people can receive salvation.  See the contradiction?

Joo Cheol Kim criticizes "all denominations" of Christianity.  Does he annoy you?  Would you tell him to "f*** off" too? 

A notification email was sent to you when your comment was moved.  Hope to hear from you soon.

genny
    Participant

I'm sorry you feel that way, carmen, but I'm surprised–if you don't go to this church, then what brings you to a website like this?

When you say "every religion is a cult" you are confusing the different definitions of 'cult.'

Yes, every religion is "a specific system of religious worship, esp with reference to its rites and deity" (definition 1 fromWorld English Dictionary).

But not all are "a quasi-religious organization using devious psychological techniques to gain and control adherents" (definition 3 from World English Dictionary)

If an organization is deceitful and harmful, isn't it in the public's best interest to expose them?  This is not 'bashing' in the sense of criticizing because you don't like something.  This website (and others like it) are here to inform of the dangers and problems of this organization.

There are other churches and organizations that have websites exposing their problems (such as Scientology).  Do you also visit those websites and complain that they should stop, or is it only this one?

Friends and family who have been severely affected by a particular organization need information to help them.  I am so glad this website is here.

Moved Comment From "The Church With A Small Number Of Members Is The True Church" – Joo Cheol Kim

Submitted on 2011/10/18 at 5:55 PM  "carmen" wrote:

I think it wrong to bash one church. I think that every religion is a cult. What’s your problem with church of God when its not really different from other church’s. So what if he says something in contradiction, all pastors do that a lot. I’ve studied different religions and have interviewed people about why they think their church is the right church and they bash other churches like the Christians are fake and Buddhist are miss led Ect. Why must you carry on a website about one church. Excuse my French but I think you need to f*** off. If people want to go and of that’s what makes then happy let them be. I don’t even go to this church and I’m annoyed by you. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.