Misquote Explanation

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

[Comment thread moved by admin from Ahnsanghong Predicts Christ's Return in 1988 to Ahnsahnghong Vs Scripture]

[Comment moved again by admin from Ahnsahnghong Vs Scripture to this forum thread – 08/03/11]

[Originally posted by Nick on August 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM]

Admin it is so clear that if you did attend for a year that you didnt study very hard…

Let me explain one of Father’s “misquotes” from one of His SIX books (not three you should probaby change that šŸ™‚ )…concerning the “misquote” about the Passover being the most important law you misunderstand the difference between the old covenant and the new covenant. They are not the same Hebrews 10:1 and Hebrews 7:12. Fathers quote is refferring to the Mosaic law while Jesus is talking of the New covenant law. Even if they were the same read Exodus 12:12 and you will see that by keeping the Passover you are showing God you know there is no other God but Him therefore showing Him that you love Him.

1st commandmaent of old testament=greatest commandment of new testament=Passover

They are one in the same.

admin
    Keymaster

[Originally posted on August 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM]

Nick, please refrain from making rude comments or personal attacks. It would also help if you made your comments on the relevant articles. Both myself and other former members have studied at the WMSCOG for quite some time, and despite many hours with them, many questions were left unanswered. When I asked questions, I found that whoever was teaching usually became very frustrated. This was very discouraging. I would appreciate it if you would respond to the points raised in the articles with patience and kindness 1 Peter 3:14-16

I will be happy to update the article with the correct number of books that Ahnsahnghong wrote if you would please provide me with a list of the six titles.

I agree with you completely, there is a difference between the old covenant (old law) and the new covenant (new law). But you state in your post ā€œEven if they were the sameā€ and then further down toward the end of your post you say that ā€œThey are one in the sameā€. This is a bit confusing. Perhaps you could clarify?

Contrary to your argument though, in Matthew 22, Jesus is indeed referring to the Mosaic Law. This is apparent when one reads the verse in context beginning at verse 34:

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 ā€œTeacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?ā€

37 Jesus replied: ā€œā€˜Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.ā€™[a]38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ā€˜Love your neighbor as yourself.ā€™40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.ā€ Matthew 22:34-40

Here, one of the Pharisees who was an ā€œexpert in the [old] lawā€ tested Our Lord concerning the old Law. Jesus responded by quoting from the old Law in [a] Deut 6:5 and Lev 19:18.

I believe that adequately addresses your point on this contradiction from Ahnsahnghong. I think the most glaring contradiction though is Feast of Tabernacles p. 465 vs John 7:14. I would be curious what your response is to that disparity?

Moved-Comment
    Participant

[Originally posted by nick on August 2, 2011 at 12:46 AM]

You are right that I need to be kind with my comments but you have to understand that you have a site dedicated to bashing my church. In my eyes I am only rebuking you 2 Timothy 2:16. But I am sorry if Iā€™m coming off rude sometimes, it is not my intention please accept my apology.

And yes you are right that He was quoting the Old Testament, but remember in Hebrews 10:1 Jesus came to fulfill the law not abolish it therefore we can understand that in Matthew 22:40 Jesus has changed the old ten commandments into these 2 commandments, love your lord with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself. It is the fulfillment of the Law and a New covenant teaching.

Also ya after i posted that i thought you would say that it was confusing, i worded it pretty badly let me clarifyā€¦what i simply meant to say was that the practices and appearance of the laws of the old and new testament are very different, and at the end when i say they are one in the same iā€™m talking about the meaning of those teachings. They all mean the same thing which is loving only the true God, even though they appear different at first glance. Sorry for my bad wording.

How come you donā€™t know the names of the books if you attended for a year?? That seems a little strange to me. They are: explanations of the trinity, visitors from the angelic world, the last plagues and the seal of God, the law of moses and the law of Christ, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and the mystery of God and the spring of the water of life.

About your feast of tabernacles explanation i donā€™t need to explain that to you this should be more than enough to show you that you donā€™t know everything about our church or the teachings which makes it kinda lame that you guys hate something so much when you really donā€™t know that much about itā€¦remember you canā€™t judge a book by itā€™s cover. Which is exactly what you guys are doing.

Iā€™m really interested to what you have to say to my comment on your article that Ahnsahnghong never claimed to be God.

Oscar
    Participant

Nick I used to go to the WMSCOG about 4 years ago now. I went for about 7 months. Let me ask you some questions. Do you remember exactly what you had in the entire month of May for breakfast, lunch, and dinner two years ago? How about one year ago? How about this year? The point is some of us in this forum and possibly the administrator have been out of the WMSCOG for a while. I only remember having the book of Visitors from the Angelic World and studying about 25 lessons from the WMSCOG. Do I know them by heart? No. But I did when I was in the cult. I remembered all the cherry picked verses. All the lessons. The thing is when you get spiritually raped like the WMSCOG church does to its members. You try to forget about what you learned and happened. I made a lot of friends at the WMSCOG… or so I thought they were my friends. Until they kicked me out. I used to know everyone. Now I hardly even remember their names.

WHOAMI
    Participant

i wonder if nick is still with the church, has anyone heared from him lately

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.