Men and Women in God's Image

genny
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

In Hebrew there is no word "The". Its usually compounded into another word. such as Breshit which means "In The Beginning" with the "Hey" or the "ื” ." added into the word.

http://www.jewfaq.org/root.htm 

Loocpoc, here is the chapter in Hebrew (interlinear): http://interlinearbible.org/revelation/22.htm

There are some words that are articles ('the'), but I don't see it in front of the word xylon ('tree').  I was wondering if this occurence of 'tree' is a collective noun or mass noun, which has a plural sense even though expressed as a singular word (like 'sand' or 'furniture').

genny
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

In Hebrew there is no word "The". Its usually compounded into another word. such as Breshit which means "In The Beginning" with the "Hey" or the "ื” ." added into the word.

http://www.jewfaq.org/root.htm 

Loocpoc, here is the chapter in Hebrew (interlinear): http://interlinearbible.org/revelation/22.htm

There are some words that are articles ('the'), but I don't see it in front of the word xylon ('tree').  I was wondering if this occurence of 'tree' is a collective noun or mass noun, which has a plural sense even though expressed as a singular word (like 'sand' or 'furniture').

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

Actually he could seeing as he sees himself and mother as indistinct but if there is numerically one God he could not have said:

Gen 1:26 Let US make man in OUR image, in OUR likenes

Gen 11:1-7 "Come, let US go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Isa 6:8Whom shall I send? And who will go for US?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!

Revelation 7:3“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until WE put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

Yes, He could.  There is an excellent 3-part article about Elohim, scholarly and looking at the linguistics of the Hebrew language.  Here's the second part which address the concern you bring up.  Please read it before continuing to debate this point.

http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim2.htm

In case you want to go back to part 1, here's the link: http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim1.htm

I never posted anything about Elohim so talking about Elohim is irrelevent.

Further more God is the tree of life but look at the description in revelation:

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. ON EACH SIDE of the river stood THE tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Can one tree be on opposite sides of a river? Of course not!

That's an interesting point.  I always understood it a mass noun or collective noun, especially since "the" doesn't appear in my interlinear Bible.  Maybe you can clarify this, loocpoc?

What I am referring to was written in Greek not Hebrew

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

Actually he could seeing as he sees himself and mother as indistinct but if there is numerically one God he could not have said:

Gen 11:1-7 "Come, let US go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Isa 6:8Whom shall I send? And who will go for US?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!

Revelation 7:3“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until WE put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

Yes, He could.  There is an excellent 3-part article about Elohim, scholarly and looking at the linguistics of the Hebrew language.  Here's the second part which address the concern you bring up.  Please read it before continuing to debate this point.

In case you want to go back to part 1, here's the link: http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim1.htm

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. ON EACH SIDE of the river stood THE tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

That's an interesting point.  I always understood it a mass noun or collective noun, especially since "the" doesn't appear in my interlinear Bible.  Maybe you can clarify this, loocpoc?

Simon
    Participant

ed144 wrote:

That link means nothing. Let us go down and make man in our image. There is still no proof that is a man and woman talking together. How can that even be if the church teaches there is no true gender in heaven?

what church teaches this?

when God said the man has now become like one of us it was not referring to are gender male and female, but if fact it is in reference to gaining knowledge between good and evil that when we became like God. Knowing good and evil and are eyes where opened

The issue is us and our not what the gender of the speaker is.

Simon
    Participant

ed144 wrote:

That link means nothing. Let us go down and make man in our image. There is still no proof that is a man and woman talking together. How can that even be if the church teaches there is no true gender in heaven?

what church teaches this?

when God said the man has now become like one of us it was not referring to are gender male and female, but if fact it is in reference to gaining knowledge between good and evil that when we became like God. Knowing good and evil and are eyes where opened

The issue is us and our not what the gender of the speaker is.

Simon
    Participant

I would argue it is more prophecy related to Ezekiel 47 but yes nice eye.

Simon
    Participant

I would argue it is more prophecy related to Ezekiel 47 but yes nice eye.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

The us and our is discussed in the article about Elohim.  Will you please read it?  Why does it seem that you don't want to read anything I refer you to?

You are correct.  I've just had so much Hebrew on the brain, but it is absolutely in Greek.  Now I need to find some one who knows Greek. ๐Ÿ™‚

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

The us and our is discussed in the article about Elohim.  Will you please read it?  Why does it seem that you don't want to read anything I refer you to?

You are correct.  I've just had so much Hebrew on the brain, but it is absolutely in Greek.  Now I need to find some one who knows Greek. ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

You are correct. 

YAY!

I've just had so much Hebrew on the brain, but it is absolutely in Greek.  Now I need to find some one who knows Greek. ๐Ÿ™‚

of course there'd be a caveat lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

You are correct. 

YAY!

I've just had so much Hebrew on the brain, but it is absolutely in Greek.  Now I need to find some one who knows Greek. ๐Ÿ™‚

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

You are correct. 

YAY!

LOL.  Hey, I said you were correct about the second point, but not the first. ๐Ÿ˜›

Go back to the part about us and our…

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

You are correct. 

YAY!

LOL.  Hey, I said you were correct about the second point, but not the first. ๐Ÿ˜›

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

You are correct. 

YAY!

I know ๐Ÿ™‚ I just couldn't resist.

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

You are correct. 

YAY!

I know ๐Ÿ™‚ I just couldn't resist.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The story of Adam and Eve is familiar. The serpent deceived Eve and Eve convinced Adam to do something against God's will. A lot of the families gave their Frangrance of Zion saying the wives were sucked in first and the wives convinced the husbands to join as well. History repeating itself. Lol. Just thought that was funny.

Simon
    Participant

haha wow

Viewing 18 replies - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.