Men and Women in God's Image

ttr
    Participant

that doesn't mean their are two Gods, as image is singular.

Exodus 20:3

You shall have no other gods before me

"me" is singular

Mark 12:29:

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

God is one

Here are 44 verses that say there is only one God:

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-oneness-unity-one-god.htm

ttr
    Participant

that doesn't mean their are two Gods, as image is singular.

Exodus 20:3

You shall have no other gods before me

"me" is singular

Mark 12:29:

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

God is one

Here are 44 verses that say there is only one God:

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-oneness-unity-one-god.htm

Simon
    Participant

"us" "our", and "and"  are plural.

Besides with the context you would see I was contesting the claim women were not in God's image.

I would also like to point out both Moses and Jesus say a man and wife are one.

Simon
    Participant

"us" "our", and "and"  are plural.

Besides with the context you would see I was contesting the claim women were not in God's image.

I would also like to point out both Moses and Jesus say a man and wife are one.

genny
    Participant

God describes Himself using both male and female imagery.  That doesn't mean there are two gods, male and female.  One God has characteristics of both, and is Himself beyond gender.

And I don't mean one in the sense that husband and wife are one.  God is numerically one.

My husband and I are (usually ๐Ÿ˜‰ one in purpose, direction, emotion, etc.  But the two of us are not one numerically, as in one physical body.  We still need to purchase two airplane seats, and sometimes we've gone to the same place on two different airplanes entirely.

Even if you try to say the two gods are one like a man and wife are one, God still couldn't have made these statements truthfully:

Isaiah 43:10

Before me [singular] no god [el, singular] was formed,

nor will there be one after me [singular].

Isaiah 45:21-22

…Was it not I [singular], the Lord?

And there is no God [elohim] apart from me,

a righteous God [el, singular] and a Savior;

there is none but me.

Turn to me and be saved,

all you ends of the earth;

for I [singular] am God [el, singular], and there is no other.

Isaiah 46:9

Remember the former things, those of long ago;

I [singular] am God [el, singular], and there is no other;

I am God [elohim], and there is none like me.

And in the New Testament, the word for God, Theos, is singular.

Mark 12:32

Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.

James 2:19

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that —and shudder.

1 Timothy 1:17

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

genny
    Participant

God describes Himself using both male and female imagery.  That doesn't mean there are two gods, male and female.  One God has characteristics of both, and is Himself beyond gender.

And I don't mean one in the sense that husband and wife are one.  God is numerically one.

My husband and I are (usually ๐Ÿ˜‰ one in purpose, direction, emotion, etc.  But the two of us are not one numerically, as in one physical body.  We still need to purchase two airplane seats, and sometimes we've gone to the same place on two different airplanes entirely.

Even if you try to say the two gods are one like a man and wife are one, God still couldn't have made these statements truthfully:

Isaiah 43:10

Before me [singular] no god [el, singular] was formed,

nor will there be one after me [singular].

Isaiah 45:21-22

…Was it not I [singular], the Lord?

And there is no God [elohim] apart from me,

a righteous God [el, singular] and a Savior;

there is none but me.

Turn to me and be saved,

all you ends of the earth;

for I [singular] am God [el, singular], and there is no other.

Isaiah 46:9

Remember the former things, those of long ago;

I [singular] am God [el, singular], and there is no other;

I am God [elohim], and there is none like me.

And in the New Testament, the word for God, Theos, is singular.

Mark 12:32

Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.

James 2:19

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that —and shudder.

1 Timothy 1:17

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Simon
    Participant

Actually he could seeing as he sees himself and mother as indistinct but if there is numerically one God he could not have said:

Gen 1:26 Let US make man in OUR image, in OUR likenes

Gen 11:1-7 "Come, let US go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Isa 6:8Whom shall I send? And who will go for US?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!

Revelation 7:3“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until WE put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

Further more God is the tree of life but look at the description in revelation:

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. ON EACH SIDE of the river stood THE tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Can one tree be on opposite sides of a river? Of course not!

Simon
    Participant

Actually he could seeing as he sees himself and mother as indistinct but if there is numerically one God he could not have said:

Gen 11:1-7 "Come, let US go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Isa 6:8Whom shall I send? And who will go for US?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!

Revelation 7:3“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until WE put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. ON EACH SIDE of the river stood THE tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

ed144
    Participant

Ok I will go on. 2 fundamental differences between Adam and Eve One Adam is made of "DUST OF THE GROUND" and EVE is form Adam rib For he said " this is now bones of my bones" for she shale be called woman for SHE came out of man. What funny is it cannot be taken in principal more can this be explained by the church any longer for what you perceive as persecution are only questions that have arisen as a result of a question that led to many more that have not be answered within reason. This is but one of many which have been avoided by the church that you cannot answer within reason and common sense. I have even called out the WMSCOG for a public forum and have emailed them many of the concerns of many members who have seen the change in doctrine if you don’t know what they are you have not been a member or are in denial .So please explain and stop living by faith outside of the answers that a church with a solid foundation could answer with the foundation of truth that leads to justice it’s the only way to salvation. It is the very fundamental part of our constitution. It should mean as it is on earth shale it be in heaven then if you must live by it on earth as a law of man the let it be done spiritually to. Truth always has the answer and when it can’t be achieved how can it be said to be true? Why do you keep the constitution for man and not God himself was it not laid down by him for are earthly example and yet you nullify it. I have faith I’m not Shure what you have because it has not been made clear by the church but it is a good example of how the studies go when someone does not hear or agree with the message an excommunication by many means.  I know whats going on. You are inside the box. The one the church tells that all others are in because they dont hear the church measage so fined answers so you can sant upright in front of god a claim a solid truth. How can a question be recived as persicution pleas explain?

ed144
    Participant

Ok I will go on. 2 fundamental differences between Adam and Eve One Adam is made of "DUST OF THE GROUND" and EVE is form Adam rib For he said " this is now bones of my bones" for she shale be called woman for SHE came out of man. What funny is it cannot be taken in principal more can this be explained by the church any longer for what you perceive as persecution are only questions that have arisen as a result of a question that led to many more that have not be answered within reason. This is but one of many which have been avoided by the church that you cannot answer within reason and common sense. I have even called out the WMSCOG for a public forum and have emailed them many of the concerns of many members who have seen the change in doctrine if you don’t know what they are you have not been a member or are in denial .So please explain and stop living by faith outside of the answers that a church with a solid foundation could answer with the foundation of truth that leads to justice it’s the only way to salvation. It is the very fundamental part of our constitution. It should mean as it is on earth shale it be in heaven then if you must live by it on earth as a law of man the let it be done spiritually to. Truth always has the answer and when it can’t be achieved how can it be said to be true? Why do you keep the constitution for man and not God himself was it not laid down by him for are earthly example and yet you nullify it. I have faith I’m not Shure what you have because it has not been made clear by the church but it is a good example of how the studies go when someone does not hear or agree with the message an excommunication by many means.  I know whats going on. You are inside the box. The one the church tells that all others are in because they dont hear the church measage so fined answers so you can sant upright in front of god a claim a solid truth. How can a question be recived as persicution pleas explain?

ed144
    Participant

trees and rivers come on

ed144
    Participant

trees and rivers come on

ed144
    Participant

Sorry do you understand Adam was made of dust where there is no human DNA and God put life into his spirit or same as DNA. That is the miracle of his creation when Adam was formed that it why he is like God in his image. Eve was taken from Adams DNA and she was bone of my bones his DNA taken out of man. Mankind can do this very creation of people today are they blowing life into dirt then who still holds the power of creation? Then how can it be said they are both in his image when Adam is clearly differant.

ed144
    Participant

Sorry do you understand Adam was made of dust where there is no human DNA and God put life into his spirit or same as DNA. That is the miracle of his creation when Adam was formed that it why he is like God in his image. Eve was taken from Adams DNA and she was bone of my bones his DNA taken out of man. Mankind can do this very creation of people today are they blowing life into dirt then who still holds the power of creation? Then how can it be said they are both in his image when Adam is clearly differant.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Yes, He could.  There is an excellent 3-part article about Elohim, scholarly and looking at the linguistics of the Hebrew language.  Here's the second part which address the concern you bring up.  Please read it before continuing to debate this point.

http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim2.htm

In case you want to go back to part 1, here's the link: http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim1.htm

That's an interesting point.  I always understood it a mass noun or collective noun, especially since "the" doesn't appear in my interlinear Bible.  Maybe you can clarify this, loocpoc?

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Yes, He could.  There is an excellent 3-part article about Elohim, scholarly and looking at the linguistics of the Hebrew language.  Here's the second part which address the concern you bring up.  Please read it before continuing to debate this point.

http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim2.htm

In case you want to go back to part 1, here's the link: http://www.israelofgod.org/elohim1.htm

That's an interesting point.  I always understood it a mass noun or collective noun, especially since "the" doesn't appear in my interlinear Bible.  Maybe you can clarify this, loocpoc?

ed144
    Participant

Ok I will go on. 2 fundamental differences between Adam and Eve One Adam is made of "DUST OF THE GROUND" and EVE is form Adam rib For he said " this is now bones of my bones" for she shale be called woman for SHE came out of man. What funny is it cannot be taken in principal more can this be explained by the church any longer for what you perceive as persecution are only questions that have arisen as a result of a question that led to many more that have not be answered within reason. This is but one of many which have been avoided by the church that you cannot answer within reason and common sense. I have even called out the WMSCOG for a public forum and have emailed them many of the concerns of many members who have seen the change in doctrine if you don’t know what they are you have not been a member or are in denial .So please explain and stop living by faith outside of the answers that a church with a solid foundation could answer with the foundation of truth that leads to justice it’s the only way to salvation. It is the very fundamental part of our constitution. It should mean as it is on earth shale it be in heaven then if you must live by it on earth as a law of man the let it be done spiritually to. Truth always has the answer and when it can’t be achieved how can it be said to be true? Why do you keep the constitution for man and not God himself was it not laid down by him for are earthly example and yet you nullify it. I have faith I’m not Shure what you have because it has not been made clear by the church but it is a good example of how the studies go when someone does not hear or agree with the message an excommunication by many means. I know what’s going on. You are inside the box. The one the church tells that all others are in because they don’t hear the church message so fined answers so you can send upright in front of god a claim a solid truth.

Sorry do you understand Adam was made of dust where there is no human DNA and God put life into his spirit or same as DNA. That is the miracle of his creation when Adam was formed that it why he is like God in his image. Eve was taken from Adams DNA and she was bone of my bones his DNA taken out of man. Mankind can do this very creation of people today are they blowing life into dirt then who still holds the power of creation?

ed144
    Participant

Ok I will go on. 2 fundamental differences between Adam and Eve One Adam is made of "DUST OF THE GROUND" and EVE is form Adam rib For he said " this is now bones of my bones" for she shale be called woman for SHE came out of man. What funny is it cannot be taken in principal more can this be explained by the church any longer for what you perceive as persecution are only questions that have arisen as a result of a question that led to many more that have not be answered within reason. This is but one of many which have been avoided by the church that you cannot answer within reason and common sense. I have even called out the WMSCOG for a public forum and have emailed them many of the concerns of many members who have seen the change in doctrine if you don’t know what they are you have not been a member or are in denial .So please explain and stop living by faith outside of the answers that a church with a solid foundation could answer with the foundation of truth that leads to justice it’s the only way to salvation. It is the very fundamental part of our constitution. It should mean as it is on earth shale it be in heaven then if you must live by it on earth as a law of man the let it be done spiritually to. Truth always has the answer and when it can’t be achieved how can it be said to be true? Why do you keep the constitution for man and not God himself was it not laid down by him for are earthly example and yet you nullify it. I have faith I’m not Shure what you have because it has not been made clear by the church but it is a good example of how the studies go when someone does not hear or agree with the message an excommunication by many means. I know what’s going on. You are inside the box. The one the church tells that all others are in because they don’t hear the church message so fined answers so you can send upright in front of god a claim a solid truth.

Sorry do you understand Adam was made of dust where there is no human DNA and God put life into his spirit or same as DNA. That is the miracle of his creation when Adam was formed that it why he is like God in his image. Eve was taken from Adams DNA and she was bone of my bones his DNA taken out of man. Mankind can do this very creation of people today are they blowing life into dirt then who still holds the power of creation?

ed144
    Participant

That link means nothing. Let us go down and make man in our image. There is still no proof that is a man and woman talking together. How can that even be if the church teaches there is no true gender in heaven? when God said the man has now become like one of us it was not referring to are gender male and female, but if fact it is in reference to gaining knowledge between good and evil that when we became like God. Knowing good and evil and are eyes where opened

ed144
    Participant

That link means nothing. Let us go down and make man in our image. There is still no proof that is a man and woman talking together. How can that even be if the church teaches there is no true gender in heaven? when God said the man has now become like one of us it was not referring to are gender male and female, but if fact it is in reference to gaining knowledge between good and evil that when we became like God. Knowing good and evil and are eyes where opened

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.