Matthew 24:23-26

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

So.. I’m getting back into gear and I’m reading an article by them entitled “The WMSCOG Is Wrong According to Matthew 24, The True WMSCOG”… They say Matthew 24:23-26 doesn’t apply to Ash or the WMSCOG. Of course not. Any and all scriptures that disprove their “facts” don’t apply to them. But what surprised me is that they go on to explain the verses are referring to those disciples who already saw the Christ. The first few words of Matthew 24:23 are “For at that time.. ” At what time? There will be people saying look there’s the Christ at “that time.” According to surrounding very relevant verses “that time” wasn’t the respective present but the lasts days. Jesus is speaking about the coming of the Son of Man, the future. So, how could these verses be referring to the disciples at the respective present? Are we not, according to popular belief, living in the last days? Aren’t these verses referring to the last days?

Idk if this has been discussed recently which is why I’m bringing it up.

Smurf
    Participant

Yaaaaay! Renitaaaa!! I was starting to think they got you in your sleep or something. Haha

And no Matt 24 hasn't been discussed. Or any endtime scenarios for that matter, which I personally find frustrating.

The WMS continue with their fear mongering – nothing of value there, just blowing every event out of proportion.

No one seems to check the Bible for clues on the end times, apart from the fig tree parable and that can be very ambiguous.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Lol. No, they didn’t. I had to step back for a while. But I’m back.

emil
    Participant

In my opinion, Mt 24 is talking about the present (Jesus' time) as well as the end times in different verses. Until verses 9 and 10 it is about the present time. The Jerusalem temple was destroyed around 70 CE as Jesus prophesied in verse 2.

Verses 9 and 10 are an overlap for time period. From that point on Jesus is speaking about the end times.

The false christs scenario in verse 23 is clearly about the end times while in verse 5 it is present times.

In fact I have wondered if verse 15 is about the wmscog. First they call themselves Zion. Secondly, the abomination could be the goddess which they worship in Zion.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Definitely, Emil. Jesus speaks of the fall of the temple, his second coming, and the very end.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.