Mass exit — strength in numbers

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

Just read this article and wanted to pass it on to everyone.  It's about Mormons, not the wmscog, but got me thinking…

http://news.yahoo.com/mormons-quit-church-mass-resignation-ceremony-010739174.html

I wonder how many wmscog members out there are doubting, but keeping it to themselves, not knowing what to do or even if it's ok to doubt.  If only they knew they weren't alone, it might help them take that step.

WHOAMI
    Participant

not working

WHOAMI
    Participant

not working

genny
    Participant

Something went wrong after I clicked "post".  But it should be working now.

genny
    Participant

Something went wrong after I clicked "post".  But it should be working now.

king34
    Participant

I think that this may apply to many members in the church. Because when I left one of the brothers there left with me because he had doupts about the church.Many people dont leave because they have devoted so much time into it and so many persecution from there family that if they leave now they would just feel ashame. I still have a few friends in the church that they have their own questions about there gods but they are just to afraid to bring up this question to pastor because they think his going to rebuke them.

WHOAMI
    Participant

you are right, we are afraid of been rebuked, we don't want to look like the one who has no faith, but in my heart i know that the sabbath is true and the 7 feast of GOD, although there are things i don't agree with that they do at church, i am sold on these.  As for mother no way, i can not see her, not that it's impossible, it's just that none of the apostles preached about a mother. Also even if there was a woman god, our true creator said YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME, in heaven above or on the earth beneath, but they say that Ahnsanghong is God and that he said he follows mother, but where is that in the HOLY BIBLE, to me anything out the bible is man made.  But even if his books were true, at this point how do we know they have not changed the words in the books, since he died.  The changes could have been happening for years, but recently discovered, so i don't believe it, also mother is a chairperson, since when does GOD need a job and why don't they talk about her being GOD or preach to them, after all Jesus said man can not live on bread alone, but on every word of GOD, so things like this has me thinking, but they tell me I am doing to GOD what the jews did, that the story repeats itself.

king34
    Participant

lol wow you and me are very a like. I believe in the same thing but never in mother. I went in with my ex to this church and I always told her that is easir to believe in father than in mother but she use to tell me that I had no faith. What they try to sell people is blind faith .If you dont understand something they will tell you that you need to keep studying and to come more to zion because im to used to earthly things. idk if you had the time to check this whole site but it talks about how ahn wrote a book saying that their is no mother god. how both of them had children from different people. and how they have changed the wrttings in there books over time. even sermons that they used to teach before they have changed them. those are some of the big things that made me leave the church. im pretty sure you will find your way like I did.

WHOAMI
    Participant

lol I have been coming here for a while, but never joined the forum until today, I read alot of things, and one day i read that wmscog marries ppl, and i said that is b/s, but it was confrimed by a sister she verified it and said that pastor said it was for the gospel work, which does not make any sense at all, like you need to be married to someone you don't love in order to preach GODS WORD!  gimme a break now!

so yes I am certain of father, however the new name not so much, because how  can he a korean be the offspring of david, should he not be jew to qualify, please don't laugh i'm not dumb just confused do you know how the story goes.  Everytime i ask they say you need to study more! and just brush me off.  If i ask again they look at me like i got 10 heads, like really now just answer my question.  So by them not answering my concerns, this is what started my search on the internet, the tree of knowledge of good & evil! hey king can you answer my question?

king34
    Participant

oh yea they marry people. a few moths ago a posted a page on this site where pastor is marrying people because they are just to sexual. and he cant have those thoughts in there heads so he just marries them. my ex is going to get married with some dude from there in a few months. I just found this out a couple of weeks ago. so just be carefull they dont marry you to a korean lol. They have a tendency to do that. well in my case I always had questions and they some how always had an answer to all of them.but they dont really like old members asking questions but if your new they will let you go by and answer them. after you have been there for a while they expect you to follow blindly.

WHOAMI
    Participant

so if you could go back in time and make it to the first time you went to a bible, study what would you have ask, with the knowledge that you have now.  Give me questions i should ask, to really make it a challenge for them, and as a matter of fact don't post them here send them in a PM because i know that they come here to check out what we talk about, and then that's giving them an upper hand, and my HEAVENLY FATHER did not create a fool.  lol are you with me, when you get a chance ok and anyone else reading this feel free to PM me too.

genny
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

Genny.. I think this happens in every generation and in every faith. Some folks just get up and quite because they do not like what they hear or are being preached.

I found what my friend to say to be intresting.. She would leave if she found out Zhang were to die a physical death. because it would cancel out the prophecy

My sister also agrees with that, loocpoc.  She said that if Zahng died it would mean the whole thing was false.

We know she will die one day because she is human.  I just wonder what reason (excuse) will be given, and how many will believe it because they are afraid (or embarrassed) to admit that they were wrong.  I hope they will be strong, cut their losses, and move on with life.

Emily
    Participant

WHOAMI wrote:

so if you could go back in time and make it to the first time you went to a bible, study what would you have ask, with the knowledge that you have now.  Give me questions i should ask, to really make it a challenge for them, and as a matter of fact don't post them here send them in a PM because i know that they come here to check out what we talk about, and then that's giving them an upper hand, and my HEAVENLY FATHER did not create a fool.  lol are you with me, when you get a chance ok and anyone else reading this feel free to PM me too.

I'll tell you my experience when I asked questions that were too challenging for them.  First I was given answers that didn't make sense, when I pushed further for answers, they tried to embarass me in front of others.  My guess is that they will just tell you to keep studying more and ask you why you don't have enough faith.  Of course you are the problem and they will never admit any fault.  So with that being said…you seem to have found many inconsistencies with the wms (judging by your other posts) what will it take for you to finally leave?   

king34
    Participant

emily I think she has already sufficient evidence to stop attending ,I think whats keeping her there is just curiosity. Even me ,I had many reasons to stop attenting but I have to admit that there point of view on the bible and there whole six day creation and 7 church studies was very interesting. Have you guys ever took those studies?

Simon
    Participant

Never did the seven churches admit I am curious but if I have to worship a false God to learn their opinion it isn’t worth.it

king34
    Participant

I have those studies written down . I am going to try to find it in my closet and post it here to see what you guys think about this.

WHOAMI
    Participant

@King, I am still there, because of my family I'm not leaving without them.  I need to stay in order to protect them, if I leave i will loose them, physically & mentally, so i rather take my chances inside.  Love is very powerful and I will do anything for my family!

king34
    Participant

oh I did not know you had family in there I thought it was just you.sorry about that I apologize. well have you showed them the evidence yet that you have gathered or you still need more ?

WHOAMI
    Participant

it's ok you were'nt aware, no i have not shown evidence yet, because i need more, but i did mention to a family member that we were being mind control & she got offended and told me that if i thought she was weak minded, so i backed off, fearing that she would tell someone what i thought, you know what i mean.  This one especially is not easy, i need real proof not just words, wms has taught her what to respond, she has been there longer than the rest of us. If you want to give me any suggestions use the PM, because we don't know who is reading here. Got it!

king34
    Participant

Idk what other proof I can show you..other than this website. Some people just ignore the facts, I guess Ill have to wait till mother passes away in the next 20 years. so I can say I told you so!! lol

Simon
    Participant

you mean will when and dies

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.