Man Commits Suicide After Wife & Children Get Involved With The WMSCOG

Smurf
    Participant

Aww, but, but…the wmscog are just victims, they only mean well… yada, yada!

It's time these people be held responsible for their actions! You cannot ruin countless lives and expect to still get away with it. This guy's blood is on the hands of every single member of this disgusting cult! And deceived or not, each and every one of them is accountable.

I'm eager to see someone play the devil's advocate here. No? No one?

MountainMom
    Participant

Unfortunately the profound depression people feel when their child/spouse/loved one becomes ensnared by the wmscog is not uncommon.  I have talked to so many other people who have gone through the pain of dealing with this, and most say they go through a period of grieving like no other.  It is the grieving that never ends because their loved one is still alive, but they aren't there anymore, really.  Not there for family gatherings, not there for holidays, and not the loyal family member they used to be.    Often there is a "disconnect" even when the other non member people in the family try hard to keep contact.  It seems as though the church is always working behind the scenes to cause strife in the family.  It really changes everyone.  Formerly happy upbeat persons become depressed people with a changed outlook on life.  Suicidal thoughts, unfortunately, can be a part of that.

Wmscog members, this is happening to your mothers/fathers/siblings/wifes/husbands who are not members.  It is a serious concern.  Don't let church leaders tell you it isn't serious or that they are over reacting.  Your family is really hurting, and some to the point of extreme depression and suicidal thoughts. 

I also worry about the members who finally realize that they have been scammed and lied to.  How do they feel after years in a cult, disconnecting with old friends, family, etc., maybe losing that girlfriend/boyfriend they used to have, or even their spouse/kids, and then they discover it was all based on a lie designed to control them and get their money?  And then the church members shun them because they are an "apostate."    Well, let me give ex members a ray of hope.  Your family will take you back. The very people you hurt still love you and will even protect you.  You hurt them more than you will ever know, but they really do love you, not the false love of the wms leadership.  Come back to your family. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Smurf, just so it is clear, you are just using sarcasm, right?  You do know that almost all the members are victims and that they do have a heart, I hope.  They have been deceived and controlled, and I fully believe the church has told them their families are fine and that they believe it.  The mind control they are under really is extreme and bizarre, but it is a reality.

I am talking from a position of dealing with this for over five years, and from being in a great deal of pain over my loved one's involvement in it.  I am not going to downplay or sugar coat how horrifically hard this has been for me and my husband.  But I know that the leaders harden the hearts of their converts toward their loved ones, and they make them feel that they are workiing directly for God.  They think they have no choice in what they are told to do from the leaders because it comes as a directive from God's right hand men.  Of course it is all a bunch of bull, but they really believe it. 

I am concerned for them after they get out, especially if they have a loved one (or more) who has suffered tremendously at their hands due to church directives.  How will they live with the guilt?  I think those with a sense of responsibility are going to have a hard time with this and may go through a very dark period themselves.  Blaming them is going to make it worse.  I don't say this lightly.  I am concerned for the state of anyone who has been hurt by the wms through the loss of family to them, and I am also concerned for anyone who comes out when they realize what they have been a part of and how it has hurt those they loved.  We have to give them a  place to go and hope.

fedupmom
    Participant

Great Post Mountain Mom – so true on all points!

They need to know their families will not blame them, and still be there for them when they realize their experience with this group was not what they thought it was. It will be difficult for them to swallow their pride and admit they made an error in joining at which point they will not need judgement but rather support and Love and an environment that feels safe to heal from the effects!

Curious1
    Participant

great posts and comments from everybody, Mountain Mom, it's so true what you're saying. My loved one is also still involved, sometimes more that other time, but still is in their trap. I got out almost 3 years ago.

What I don't understand about the newspaperitems, is the fact there are those church pictures in front of the building almost right behind the lady, does anyone now / can figure out, why this pictures were put up, thanks.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

The is heartbreaking! It’s sad that I can absolutely see a loved one getting to this point over and over.. This group is destroying my marriage to my high school sweetheart of 14 year’s! Before this we never fought about finances.. doctors appointments.. scheduling.. outings.. celebrations.. friends.. the bible.. faith.. relationships.. music.. I mean the list could go on and on with the dumbest stuff to pick a fight over.. ever since he’s been in this church! I don’t know how he can feel like his life is better and how he thinks he’s found the one and only truth! I pray for everyone facing disconnect and having a loved one in this group.. And pray no one ever again gets to a point so low they feel like taking their own life.. This group is definitely not worth no one’s life! :'[

sunshine
    Participant

What’s sad about all this is that we find this news to be very upsetting and sad however, as a former leader in wmscog i can tell you guys that to be upset or sad is not what they try to teach the members when they come across a news like this. When they here something like this that has happened they try to deceive them even more by telling them that this shows how evil can not bypass God. And that for “a child of God” to be saved Satan manifests in this way… and guess what? They come to believing this…. the fact that the man took his life away is sad…. but what’s even more sad is the lives that is taken away by the wmscg.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

You can still get those lives back from the wms at least. The control of the church seems inhumane to me since they don't allow time to grieve or be human. They seem to prefer being robots instead IMO. No thoughts, no feels, just acting…

AbbaFather07
    Participant

It would be one thing if joining this church/cult actually had a positive influence on people but its literally turns them into sad little puppies. The crazy part is bc I feel deep down they know something is wrong but are told basically feelings are unimportant and of this world. Ignore your gut feeling! This is not of God. I would be ecstatic if when my husband found Korean God/Gods that he would stop dipping tabacco or playing xbox. Nope he does whatever then goes to Passover and that wipes the slate clean. Its such a joke. Most people when they find God they are a better version of themself and they donr have to be guilted into going to services or disconnecting themselves from unbelievers/husband/wives…anyone that disagrees. There is absolutely not one positive thing that this so called truth offers to people. Nada.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Can someone please expose this cult already? If I never heard wmscog, Ahnsahong or Zang again I would be good.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.