Leviticus 25 and the Sabbath

• Creator
    Topic
    emil
    Participant

I was reading Lev 25 last night. It makes interesting reading with vast implications for the pharisees in the guise of the wmscog. The Sabbath year demands no sowing or reaping. I guess in an industrial, urban situation, this means that one should not be employed as well. Is that so? All wmscog members would have to stop going to work. Wonder if they have any members who are farmers.

More interestingly, the 50 years is a jubilee year (apparently they are now celebrating it) which is again a year of no reaping and sowing. This immediately follows the 49th year which would have been a Sabbath year. In other words, last year and this year would be the years when wmscog members should not be working at all. Obviously no wages means 10% of zero from all members.

Simon, you are our resident Hebrew expert. What do you think?

Azula
    Participant

But I mean knowing the spin tactics of the church they'd probabaly tell you that was old testament regulation and the new testametn way is [insert incoherent verses here]

It's just another spin to psych up the memember as the end is coming at any minute now. 

I've read here the other jubilee year was 1998 because ash was baptised in 1948, then why did the end not happen then? Was it because God wanted more people to repent? (which seems to be the explanation with each failed prophecy)

Simon
    Participant

Technically it’s just sabbath for the land other work remains allowable

However with all their comparing preaching with agriculture it is arguable they shouldn’t be preaching

There is debate on jubilee being inclusive counting or not making it 49 years maybe but as they seem to be making the claim it’s 50 yes it should be two years of sabbath with the second also the return of property… wonder the “spiritual meaning” of that

emil
    Participant

Thanks Simon. The connection between their preaching and agriculture had also occurred to me but you expressed it better.

Church of God
    Participant

More interestingly, the 50 years is a jubilee year (apparently they are now celebrating it) now WMC is telling this year 2014 they will go to heaven with mother. Few weeks before I asked one of the Decon. What will it happen if you don’t go to heaven with mother this year. He answer me if 2014 doesn’t happens as doom day then I will keep my interest in earning. I am 100% sure WMC member will see this and know who told this statement. We have the recording.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

What does “keep interest in earning” mean?

Church of God
    Participant

Interest in earning means he will not attend church as earlier. He will focus his life in earning money.

Travis
    Participant

@Chruch of God: More interestingly, the 50 years is a jubilee year (apparently they are now celebrating it) now WMC is telling this year 2014 they will go to heaven with mother. Few weeks before I asked one of the Decon. What will it happen if you don't go to heaven with mother this year. He answer me if 2014 doesn't happens as doom day then I will keep my interest in earning. I am 100% sure WMC member will see this and know who told this statement. We have the recording.

Hello, question … This means that if they don't go to heaven on this 2014 the church will be declared a lie. What will happen to all those members who till this day they blindly believe that Mother heaven will save them ..?? should expect an increment in delusional or mentally ill people..?? 

emil
    Participant

@Church of God – There seems to be a good bit of confusion about whether the wmscog is celebrating 2014 as a jubilee year and what it means for them. So far, yours is the only location (Nepal I guess) where I have heard that the year has been linked to end time.

Guys please post what you have heard from members in various locations. Not in this thread but the one about the jubilee year.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.