Let's put some humor in here!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Budro dies and goes to Hell. He's sitting down there mildly content. Satan walks by, sees him and says, "What's with you?" He says, "This feels like a June day in Louisiana." Satan gets mad and goes over to the thermostate and turns it up. Later he comes by and Budro is smiling to himself. Satan goes, "What are you smiling about?" Budro says, "This feels like a July day down on the biyjou." Satan gets more angree and turns the thermostate up even higher. About a half hour later Satan walks by and Budro is kinda snickering now. He says, "It's hotter than Hell down here. What are you snickering about?" He says, "This feels like an August day down south." Satan goes over to the thermostate and reefs on it and breaks it. Things start getting cold, it starts icing up, eventually it starts snowing. Satan comes by and Budro is rolling with laughter on the ground, he's high fiving the demons, and generally causing a scene. Satan goes, "What's your problem. Before it was hotter than hell and now it's freezing. Why are you so excited?" He says, "Well obviously the Saints just won the Superbowl!"

Add your humorous story here!

Sarah2013
    Participant

This is very similar to Joshua’s Also. Emil, you ought to know this one being that people from your area are good at math. I’m just a B student at math. Not so good.

Sarah2013
    Participant

This is very similar to Joshua’s Also. Emil, you ought to know this one being that people from your area are good at math. I’m just a B student at math. Not so good.

Smurf
    Participant

No. The shirt was never $100 to begin with. The $97 and 2x$50 that are due are not connected to eachother. Both are not to be mixed.

Smurf
    Participant

No. The shirt was never $100 to begin with. The $97 and 2x$50 that are due are not connected to eachother. Both are not to be mixed.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Nooooo…. Here is the question:

You saw a shirt for $97. You didn’t have the cash, so you borrowed $50 from your mom and $50 from your dad = $100. You bought the shirt and had $3 change. You gave your dad $1 and your mom $1 and kept the other $1 for yourself. Now you owe your mom $49 and your dad $49. Now $49+$49= $98+ your $1=$99. Where is the missing $1?

My answer: The shirt was $97, $97/2=48.50. He gets back $3. If he makes initial payment of $2 to both parents, that means he expensed $49.50 on the shirt from his parents. $49.50 x 2 = $99. And he has the missing $1 in his hand to make the total of $100. He pays back $48.50×2=$97 plus the $2 (he initially paid) =$99 and he still has the $1 in his pocket….. Math solved.

This was my answer, it is yet to be proven right by the originator.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Nooooo…. Here is the question:

You saw a shirt for $97. You didn’t have the cash, so you borrowed $50 from your mom and $50 from your dad = $100. You bought the shirt and had $3 change. You gave your dad $1 and your mom $1 and kept the other $1 for yourself. Now you owe your mom $49 and your dad $49. Now $49+$49= $98+ your $1=$99. Where is the missing $1?

My answer: The shirt was $97, $97/2=48.50. He gets back $3. If he makes initial payment of $2 to both parents, that means he expensed $49.50 on the shirt from his parents. $49.50 x 2 = $99. And he has the missing $1 in his hand to make the total of $100. He pays back $48.50×2=$97 plus the $2 (he initially paid) =$99 and he still has the $1 in his pocket….. Math solved.

This was my answer, it is yet to be proven right by the originator.

Smurf
    Participant

The whole problem is that you're looking at it the wrong way. You see some numbers and you instantly think it's math. It's not. It's ACCOUNTING.

You're adding whe you should be SUBTRACTING! :))

It's not "98+1= 99where's the missing one"

It's 98-1 = 97 – the price of the shirt

The same with the room: the price is $25 they payed 27 minus the 2 bucks from the boy you get $25!

Smurf
    Participant

The whole problem is that you're looking at it the wrong way. You see some numbers and you instantly think it's math. It's not. It's ACCOUNTING.

You're adding whe you should be SUBTRACTING! :))

It's not "98+1= 99where's the missing one"

It's 98-1 = 97 – the price of the shirt

The same with the room: the price is $25 they payed 27 minus the 2 bucks from the boy you get $25!

Sarah2013
    Participant

The shirt was $97, he borrowed $50 from mom and another $50 from dad total $100, if we split $97 into two, we get $48.50, this is half the total value mom and dad had expensed towards the shit. From the $3 he pays $1 to mom and another $1 to dad,At this point he has now expensed $48.50×2=97+2=99 and add the extra $1 to make $100..

Sarah2013
    Participant

The shirt was $97, he borrowed $50 from mom and another $50 from dad total $100, if we split $97 into two, we get $48.50, this is half the total value mom and dad had expensed towards the shit. From the $3 he pays $1 to mom and another $1 to dad,At this point he has now expensed $48.50×2=97+2=99 and add the extra $1 to make $100..

Sarah2013
    Participant

Makes sense or no?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Makes sense or no?

Smurf
    Participant

It does but it's a lot more complicated. No one does financial records like that.

Smurf
    Participant

It does but it's a lot more complicated. No one does financial records like that.

emil
    Participant

@Sarah2013
    – you are right but you have approached it in a more complex way. Smurf and I approached it in the accounting way as Smurf pointed out. There is more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

I think you still need time to get over "mom and dad". You're focussing too much on them after having left the wmscog. 🙂

emil
    Participant

@Sarah2013
    – you are right but you have approached it in a more complex way. Smurf and I approached it in the accounting way as Smurf pointed out. There is more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

I think you still need time to get over "mom and dad". You're focussing too much on them after having left the wmscog. 🙂

Sarah2013
    Participant

Lol, Emil.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Lol, Emil.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Don’t want anymore F and M in my life. I learned my lesson.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Don’t want anymore F and M in my life. I learned my lesson.

Viewing 20 replies - 401 through 420 (of 569 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.