Leaving WMSCOG

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

This is my first post here so if I break any unspoken rules or courtisies of this forum I apoligize, also please excuse my username I just want to be cautious of who may read my post.

Long story short, I am a part of the WMSCOG now, and I want out. I have been there around 2 months and my family still has no clue whatsoever of my involvement with them. It is taking too much time away from my studies and I am tired of them emotionally manipulating me into doing things I don't want to do.

I came here because if there was anywhere to find people who have left it would be here. Of course they have my address, mobile number etc. (though not home phone as I don't have one), so how can I leave without making things messy?

I don't know which forum to put this into so I will just put it in General.

Anonymous
    Inactive

He just sent me another message, I don't if it's that his english isn't very good or that he really doesn't get the picture.

You will not drop by here this afternoon? You can study as much as you want and training (referring to my sports training which I said I was concerned about) as well but holding the sabbath. . Don't let it go. Can i see you now?

Disturbed
    Participant

I like your approach. Be careful trying to slip in unnoticed. If that Zion is anything like the others there are cameras around the perimeter of the church. They will see you from the moment you arrive and will be ready to stop you to “talk”. If you can mail it back or just keep it.

Disturbed
    Participant

They are very pushy & persistent. Don’t fall for it. They will try to convince you to stay.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Disturbed
    I am pretty sure that they don't have cameras as when I usually turn up they do not notice I am there until I have walked through the zion to find one of them. I am going to pick a time when I know that they will be too busy to notice. Mail costs money and the Zion is very close to my home. Also the book belongs to one of the girls so I cannot bring myself to keep it from them.

I am very surprised that they are this persistent, certainly no other church I have ever been to calls and texts me when I miss even a service.

I can't help but think how the other few members who I haven't seen in a while (who most likely left) handled this situation.

EDIT: I replied "No, sorry.", to the last message they sent me.

Disturbed
    Participant

Awesome! Please keep us updated. Sounds like you’re handling things just fine. 🙂

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

Anonymous111 wrote:

He just sent me another message, I don't if it's that his english isn't very good or that he really doesn't get the picture.

You will not drop by here this afternoon? You can study as much as you want and training (referring to my sports training which I said I was concerned about) as well but holding the sabbath. . Don't let it go. Can i see you now?

Text him back these sacred words:  "FUCK OFF"

emil
    Participant

Anonymous111 – you're playing with fire. You have left a lot of clues in your post here and they are already probably keeping a track of this conversation. Just get out and stay out. You are a lamb among wolves. Just stop responding. When they call, just say you're not interested any more.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ JN: seriously!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ emil: I appreciate your concern, and I think you may be right. I will only post again to ask any questions anyone has that are important or if there is a critical update. I got a few more texts today about how I shouldn't believe rumors on the internet which I just responded to, and I expect this to be the end of it.

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

emil wrote:

Anonymous111 – you're playing with fire. You have left a lot of clues in your post here and they are already probably keeping a track of this conversation. Just get out and stay out. You are a lamb among wolves. Just stop responding. When they call, just say you're not interested any more.

Here here. Absolutely correct.

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

[Repeat posting deleted]

emil
    Participant

Anonymous111 wrote:

@ emil: I appreciate your concern, and I think you may be right. I will only post again to ask any questions anyone has that are important or if there is a critical update. I got a few more texts today about how I shouldn't believe rumors on the internet which I just responded to, and I expect this to be the end of it.

I did not mean to tell you to stop posting here. I just meant to say, "stop communicating with them."

Posting here is a problem if you are going to openly narrate every move you make here AND continue communicating with them. If you stop with them, posting here will be helpful for you and others to follow. Please note that they are mighty scared of the internet because it exposes them. They have no qualms about using it for their own purpose though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ emil: ahh I see, reading comprehension was never my strong suit. As of now I have ceased contact with them after my last text asked them to stop contacting me. I feel free now, I haven't seen my whole family in months and I missed my little sisters birthday a few weeks ago. I hope I can make that time back.

Disturbed
    Participant

@Anonymous111…be glad you only missed a birthday. Many of us have missed most family/friend celebrations which have occurred on Saturdays. We have missed years of special occasions. I’m happy that it didn’t take you long to see their games. I spent time recently with some good friends….they expressed they really missed me during my time in the church. I am so grateful that they stuck around. One of the lessons I will take from the church is the true value of family & friends.

Don’t stress out if you don’t feel that you can make up to your little sister that you missed her birthday. She will have many more & hopefully she will forget this one time. I’m glad you came to the website to find the identity of the church. Anyway…enough rambling. I have to get up in a couple of hours.

Harry
    Participant

Anonymous111 wrote:

I don't think I want to tell them I know about their scam, as it makes me look a bit agressive and they will get all fired up, I think I may actually take Harry's advice here since that is why I joined in the first place.

This is the message I just sent the pastor:

I have decided that I will not be coming back to church. Please do not try to contact me anymore. The reason I am leaving is [basically saying it takes too much time and I have my studies among other commitments which are suffering], I am sorry that it ends like this and I very much enjoyed my time at the church. To be honest I still don't believe in God, I just joined because you were all very nice and the girls were very cute. Regards, [my name].

Here's some more advice, THROW THE BOOK IN THE GARBAGE, that's where it belongs because that's what it is.

If you want to be on your own and handle your own problems then stand up, act like a man and listen to Jesus of Nazereth. he/she gave you some real good advice a few hours ago. Tell them to (removed for rules)!!!! It's not a church, it's a destructive mind control cult that uses the bible as weapon to get inside your head and steal your money. That's all it is!! Stop being so nice to them, their goal was to ruin your life

(sorry to be so blunt kid but this is some bad shit your mixed up with and some dirty people)

Harry
    Participant

Jesus of Nazareth wrote:

Text him back these sacred words:  "FUCK OFF"

This, is the word, of the Lord! Thanks be to God 

Simon
    Participant

You shall not steal still applies

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

You shall not steal still applies

That's why I told him to throw it in the garbage!!! God likes it when we keep the enviroment clean.

Not for nothin Simon and no disrespect but when are you going to get your head out of your ass and take your life back?

You shall not steal still applies? PLEEEZ simon it's garbage not theft

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Harry: In the whole scheme of things I probably should bin it. But the thought of that girls' sad face when she realizes some guy threw away her book just tears me appart. What can I say, I can't help myself.

@ Disturbed: I am glad too, but my heart really goes out to people like you who suffered even more. I hope that I can in some way help people trapped in it.

Simon
    Participant

You shall not steal not you shall not steal unless its spiritual garbage

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.