Keeping all of the appointed times…

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

WMSCOG boasts of keeping all of the appointed times… But there is one I cannot find any way they keep

Numbers 28:11 “‘On the first of every month, present to the Lord a burnt offering of two young bulls, one ram and seven male lambs a year old, all without defect…."

So every appointed time of sacrifice is kept as an appointed time in WMSCOG except at least one of them The New Moon appointed time of sacrifice…

How can they be the true church because keep every appoited time yet keep them in the wrong months and not even attempt all of them and inventing another (third day)

Sarah2013
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

Wmscog would say about baptism….if Jesus was baptized, we too should be baptized to follow the example he set. Now how they baptize comes into question because they say you must be baptized in all 3 names…one of which we know is a false god.

emil wrote:

Good point Disturbed, but Jesus was circumcised too.

Lol…. The evidences are so clear that its all false. How can we get baptized in all three names of which one is a false God. Wow! 

I'm guessing we missed the circumcision part also. See… though these may sound minute, it is little things like these that actually reveal truth. 

emil
    Participant

Exactly Sarah2013. Once they quote OT laws and claim Jesus came to fulfill the law not abolish it as their basis for their observances, they must observe all OT law not just selectively. Circumcision was the sign of God's covenant with Abraham. Jesus was circumcised.

Simon
    Participant

We’re lumping all over now

justasitis
    Participant

But what about keeping the 2nd Passover?!!!!!

Simon
    Participant

what about it?

justasitis
    Participant

ie. 2nd Passover is one month after the 'real' Passover – for those who were 'away' the first time!

justasitis
    Participant

Is this a feast kept by anyone else in these modern times? or just an excuse dreamed up by wmscog in an attempt to recruit more members?

Simon
    Participant

Jews still do

Disturbed
    Participant

2nd Passover…Numbers 9:11

genny
    Participant

In the wmscog, is 2nd Passover something the whole church goes to, even if they attended 1st Passover?  Or is it just a small ceremony for those who missed?

Disturbed
    Participant

Everyone keeps the service but only members who didn’t keep 1st Passover participate in the bread & wine

Simon
    Participant

everyone can keep service 

Disturbed
    Participant

What is your point Simon? If a member kept 1st Passover according to all wmscog regulations they do not repeat the regulations of 2nd Passover other than to keep the 2nd Passover service, not participating in the foot washing ceremony (except to wash the feet of those participating) and they do not eat the bread & wine.

genny
    Participant

If they kept all the regulations for 1st Passover, are they required to still attend the 2nd Passover service?  Why?

Disturbed
    Participant

As far as I know it is only “suggested” that members who kept 1st Passover attend. My understanding is to show support. Most people keeping 2nd Passover are new recruits. I know of people who for various reasons couldn’t/didn’t keep 1st Passover and the bread & wine was brought to wherever they were (home, hospital, etc) on the actual 1st Passover date.

Disturbed
    Participant

Most people who did keep 1st Passover usually attend the 2nd Passover service. I don’t think anyone made it an issue.

emil
    Participant

I think this thread is losing the original question here. I'm sure Simon would like FTOS to answer his original question.

genny
    Participant

emil wrote:

I think this thread is losing the original question here. I'm sure Simon would like FTOS to answer his original question.

I would too!  Why doesn't the wmscog celebrate new moons?

I had a thought today–if they did celebrate new moons, it would have prevented the calendar problems with the 7th month feasts. ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

What is your point Simon? If a member kept 1st Passover according to all wmscog regulations they do not repeat the regulations of 2nd Passover other than to keep the 2nd Passover service, not participating in the foot washing ceremony (except to wash the feet of those participating) and they do not eat the bread & wine.

my point is you said everyone does but it isn't does it is can

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

emil wrote:

I would too!  Why doesn't the wmscog celebrate new moons?

I had a thought today–if they did celebrate new moons, it would have prevented the calendar problems with the 7th month feasts. ๐Ÿ™‚

That it would

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.