Keeping all of the appointed times…

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

WMSCOG boasts of keeping all of the appointed times… But there is one I cannot find any way they keep

Numbers 28:11 “‘On the first of every month, present to the Lord a burnt offering of two young bulls, one ram and seven male lambs a year old, all without defect…."

So every appointed time of sacrifice is kept as an appointed time in WMSCOG except at least one of them The New Moon appointed time of sacrifice…

How can they be the true church because keep every appoited time yet keep them in the wrong months and not even attempt all of them and inventing another (third day)

Disturbed
    Participant

I believe the answer I was given about that was that there is no record of Jesus keeping the new moon so we didn’t have to keep it. You know they just make up a lot as they go

Simon
    Participant

There is no record of him keeping the feast of trumpets 🙂

Disturbed
    Participant

He was a Jew…if he kept one feast he kept them all (wmscog response)

genny
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

He was a Jew…if he kept one feast he kept them all (wmscog response)

Then He would have also kept new moons and Purim too.  And there is a record of Him keeping Hanukkah, but the WMSCOG doesn't keep that.

Simon, I asked about new moons too and the answer I got left me with the impression they didn't think new moons were significant enough to need keeping.  I'd like to hear from FTOS about this.

Disturbed
    Participant

Purim & Hanukkah don’t belong to the Law of Moses according to wmscog, which is why they justify not keeping them

Simon
    Participant

New Moons are Torah commands Purim and Chanukah are man made tradition

genny
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

Purim & Hanukkah don't belong to the Law of Moses according to wmscog, which is why they justify not keeping them

But don't they want to follow what Jesus did?  And He did keep Hanukkah.

Disturbed
    Participant

@Genny…they make it up as they go. After they read these posts they will go back &explain to the members why they don’t keep feasts or give extra explanation about what Jesus did keep based on reading between the lines

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

Disturbed wrote:

Purim & Hanukkah don't belong to the Law of Moses according to wmscog, which is why they justify not keeping them

But don't they want to follow what Jesus did?  And He did keep Hanukkah.

He was in Jerusalem durring Chanukah doesn't mean he kept it per say

genny
    Participant

Hey, at least it's mentioned.   And they assume He kept other feasts that are not even mentioned.

Simon
    Participant

Major difference is Jesus actually spoke against man made traditions and for the law of God 

genny
    Participant

Jesus spoke against treating man made traditions as if they were the law of God, didn't He? 

If the wmscog were against all mad made traditions, they wouldn't celebrate birthdays, mothers day or fathers day, New Years on Jan. 1, men and women separated in church (I don't recall that as a command), red and blue candles at "Father's" wedding ceremony, etc.

But new moons are mentioned in God's law, so I don't see why they wouldn't keep those.

Simon
    Participant

Chanukah as a religious holiday would be quite different from mothers day

emil
    Participant

What about circumcision Simon? Would that be God's law? The wmscog member I know does not know what circumcision is. 

I think much is made of Jesus saying that he has not come to abolish the law but fulfill it. I believe what he meant was that he was the fulfillment of the law. It has been accomplished. We need to distinguish between moral laws and ceremonial laws.

Sorry I hope I'm not derailing this thread. Genny, if I am, please delete this post.

Simon
    Participant

Although one might say since pope gregory set new years to january 1 they shouldn’t keep new years

Simon
    Participant

baptism=circumcision

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Although one might say since pope gregory set new years to january 1 they shouldn't keep new years

I am genuinely confused about which is the so-called sacred calendar and who keeps it faithfully.

Simon wrote:

baptism=circumcision

I believe that Jesus took all moral law and combined it into the two commandments of loving God and neighbour.

It has been argued that baptism itself has pagan origin. Wonder what the wmscog has to say about it.

Simon
    Participant

Baptism is jewish origin in many ways

Disturbed
    Participant

Wmscog would say about baptism….if Jesus was baptized, we too should be baptized to follow the example he set. Now how they baptize comes into question because they say you must be baptized in all 3 names…one of which we know is a false god.

emil
    Participant

Good point Disturbed, but Jesus was circumcised too.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.