jubilee year

• Creator
    Topic
    Curious1
    Participant

Are there "churces" who celebrate or start the jubilee year? And when will it start?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

"…According to this article, Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel was a top Talmudic scholar in Germany. Just before he died in the year 1217 he prophesied that the Ottoman Turks would rule over the holy city of Jerusalem for eight jubilees. That is 400 years (8 x 50). The Ottoman Turks did take control of Jerusalem 300 years after the Rabbi’s death in 1517 and as according to the prophecy, the Ottoman Turks then lost Jerusalem 400 years later in 1917. It was during WWI that British General Edmund Allenby walked into Jerusalem on Hanukkah without firing a shot in 1917. The timing of this with the holiday and the ease at which it occurred indeed make this moment of history extremely significant…

The Rabbi then went on to say that after the eight jubilees, the ninth jubilee would have Jerusalem being a no-man’s-land, which it was from 1917 to 1967 until the Six-Day-War. The Rabbi’s prophecy then stated that in the tenth Jubilee that Jerusalem would be controlled by Israel and then the Messianic end times would begin. That would then bring the time to 2017."

I found this prophecy of the end times interesting. I'm posting this because, according to this and many other sources, 2014 is not the year of Jubilee. It's the relative year of Jubilee for the WMSCOG. I also haven't seen a verse in the OT that says no one knows when the end times will be. Have any of you read a verse like this in the OT? I have noticed some things Jesus and the Apostles taught cannot be found in the OT. Maybe this "hour unknown" business is one of them? Can the end times be calculated if we adhere only to the OT? Serious questions, by the way.

emil
    Participant

Curious1 wrote:

Are there "churces" who celebrate or start the jubilee year? And when will it start?

Is is established that the wmscog is indeed celebrating the jubilee year?

If that is the case then there should be no sowing or harvest. Since they use the agricultural anology for their preaching, it means they must not preach (sowing) in the jubilee year and not bring talents (harvesting) this year.

Moreover, does their jubilee year start on Jan 1st and end on December 31st? If so, they are following the Gregorian calendar. Imagine that.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emil-

From the blogs and FB commets I've read from the members, they are not celebrating the Jubilee year. Like I mentioned in my post, this year is a relative Jubilee for the WMSCOG. They have been lying to the world for a remarkable 50 years now. As I understand they aren't celebrating it but are recognizing 1 Jubilee has passed since Ash opened his 1st church. The actual Jubilee year isn't until 2017, from what I understand. We would have to see what they did in 1967, the previous Jubilee, to know if they celebrate it. I'm sure they didn't then.

Simon
    Participant

well we don't have anything but a pharisees word for basing 1967 either so we really don't know and WMSCOG can claim any year as Jubilee

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon-

No one said 1967 was, in fact, the absolute year of Jubilee. And it is not being based off a [meaning 1] Pharisee. As I mentioned, I have looked into other sources as well.

Simon
    Participant

you strongly implied it however

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon-

I didn't strongly imply anything. I made it known that I researched the year of Jubilee and from that research this is what I found. I said "from what I understand" referring to the research I did. It wasn't implied but said specifically that the WMSCOG is not celebrating the year of Jubilee. It's implied, however, that if the one Pharisee and my other sources are correct, the actual year of Jubilee isn't until 2017. It was strongly implied that if the one Pharisee and my other sources are correct and if the WMSCOG celebrates the year of Jubilee that they would have had to celebrate it in 1967.

You just insist on defending the WMSCOG and arguing against a majority of what people on this site share. Instead of researching and providing an "acceptable" explanation, you say I'm wrong due to circumstantial evidence, a pattern that of the WMSCOG members, though I am not presenting circumstantial as hard evidence. Even in my 1st post I asked questions relating to the validity of the Pharisees prophecy. So, one who actually pays attention to the wording and style of grammar another uses would be able to conclude that I am still unsure of when the year of Jubilee begins.

Azula
    Participant

emil wrote:

If that is the case then there should be no sowing or harvest. Since they use the agricultural anology for their preaching, it means they must not preach (sowing) in the jubilee year and not bring talents (harvesting) this year.

Moreover, does their jubilee year start on Jan 1st and end on December 31st? If so, they are following the Gregorian calendar. Imagine that.

Ha! Imagine that no preaching! I think the staunch bible bashers and superstar preachers would suffer from withdrawal symptoms out of fear that another is taking their blessing and they might lose their rewards/ galaxies in heaven.

And besides with the biblical hopscotch that they do they will now and forever be justified by some deceptive grouping of verses to actually justify why they use the Gregorian instead of the Hebrew calendar.

Simon
    Participant

I must be really talented defending something not happening

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon-

No, you're not talented. You are, however, shooting down many comments made on this site with nonsense arguments. The issue about the definition of marriage, saying I implied 2017 is the Jubilee year, though not related to the WMSCOG defense, you insult site members. And that's just the recent stuff. For as long as I've been visiting this site you usually have to combat what the others say. You come off as someone who would prefer to debate the person rather than the issue at hand, the World Mission Society Church of God. After I've broken my posts down, you haven't acknowledged your mistake. You've selected to ignore the majority of my response and argue, with sarcasm, that you're not defending the WMSCOG.

No one is picking on you. You're not so special that I, MM, or anyone else is singling you out. I would just really appreciate if you would stop trying to be the referee calling non-existent fouls.

What do you have to offer relating to the original post about the year of Jubilee? Have you researched it? Have you researched the WMSCOG's stance on the year of Jubilee? If so, what have you found and what have you concluded with your findings?

Simon
    Participant

Nice long rant red herrings strawmen and nonsense galore

Btw the OP wasn’t about WMSCOG

emil
    Participant

Getting a bit hot in here. The OP was basically about which other churches celebrate a jubilee year, not necessarily this year. Renita supplied some nice information based on the opinion of a single rabbi, howsoever respected.

What should be the Christian idea of a jubilee year? My 2 cents.

The jubilee year was a year of redemption. The sins of the community were placed upon a scapegoat. For a Christian, Jesus is our scapegoat. He already took our sins, past, present and future, upon himself. His death on the cross was redemption (paid in full) for us. What need do we have for another jubilee year in the OT mould? If we do commemorate a jubilee year anymore, it should be one of pure celebration of our redemption and a recommitment to stay away from sin.

I know this does not address the OP directly but opens up a supplementary question about the scope and definition of "celebrating the jubilee year"

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emil-

I've never celebrated any Jubilee. I've been to many different churches. I sung a Gospel song once that said "Jubilee" but that's about it. Lol. The next time I heard about Jubilee was in the WMSCOG and it was a prophecy, not something to be celebrated. That's why I posted the above prophecy. It's very similar to what I was taught. Then it aroused my curiosity about the OT.

I was really bored yesterday so I entertained Shillmon. I'm done now. He can go play in a sandbox by his lonesome.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

http://ashelyscott98.blogspot.com/search?q=jubilee

It is in the 50th year since Church of God established by Christ Ahnsanghong .

Heavenly mother proclaimed this 2014 was the Year of Jubliee ,the Year of Freedom ,saying there 'd be overflowing blessings from God for us.

Back from 2014 ,it is the Year of Jubliee, the Year of Freedom ,the Year of Blessing . According to the prophecy of the year of Jubliee, we ,our souls may be freed ,blessed wt overflowing God's gace .I cant wait for it

Simon
    Participant

Screw you too

emil
    Participant

@Renita – good find. Here at least there is a member who has said that mother has proclaimed this year 2014 as the year of jubilee. We need to save these pages for when 2014 is over.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I took a screenshot on my computer and e-mailed it to my phone. The second part kind of implies that they’re going to heaven. I say this because from the prophecy I was taught, being set free meant going to heaven. And the blogger says this year their souls will be set free.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.