JOHN 16 & JOHN 3:16

• Creator
    Topic
    WHOAMI
    Participant

Greetings to all, I have so many questions to ask and would like to share my opinion on a couple of topics here, but first I want to point out what someone showed me last night in the book of John.

The Work of the Holy Spirit

<sup id=”en-NLT-26697″><font size=”4″>5</font> <woj>“But now I am going away to the one who sent me, and not one of you is asking where I am going.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26698″><font size=”4″>6</font> <woj>Instead, you grieve because of what I’ve told you.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26699″><font size=”4″>7</font> <woj>But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate<font size=”4″>[</font><font size=”4″>a</font><font size=”4″>]</font> won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26700″><font size=”4″>8</font> <woj>And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26701″><font size=”4″>9</font> <woj>The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26702″><font size=”4″>10</font> <woj>Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26703″><font size=”4″>11</font> <woj>Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.</woj>

<sup id=”en-NLT-26704″><font size=”4″>12</font> <woj>“There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26705″><font size=”4″>13</font> <woj>When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26706″><font size=”4″>14</font> <woj>He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26707″><font size=”4″>15</font> <woj>All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.’</woj>

<woj>

BY READING THIS CHAPTER: we can see on verse 8 JESUS says the Counselor who is to come will convict the world of guilt in regard to 3 things: SIN, & RIGHTEOUSNESS, & JUDGMENT.  In regard to sin because men do not believe in him. (IT IS A SIN NOT TO BELIEVE IN JESUS)

JOHN 3:16

<font size=”4″>16</font> <woj>“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26104″><font size=”4″>17</font> <woj>God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.</woj>

<sup id=”en-NLT-26105″><font size=”4″>18</font> <woj>“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26106″><font size=”4″>19</font> <woj>And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26107″><font size=”4″>20</font> <woj>All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.</woj> <sup id=”en-NLT-26108″><font size=”4″>21</font> <woj>But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.<font size=”4″>[</font><font size=”4″>g</font><font size=”4″>]</font>”</woj>

<woj>

HERE WE CAN READ: John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave HIS one and only Son that WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

JOHN 3:18 WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED, but WHOEVER DOES NOT BELIEVE STANDS CONDEMNED ALREADY because he has not believed in the NAME of GOD'S  one and only SON.

Can you share your thoughts on this, thank you

</woj></woj>

WHOAMI
    Participant

WHOAMI
    Participant

anyone has any thoughts on this

Emily
    Participant

Salvation by faith in Jesus and not by the works of the law…is what comes to mind.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.