"it's the most positive place in the world"

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was left on "It's not the devil… It's my baby" – A Former Member's Story on 11/18/12

Sumiyah says:

Hi. Somehow I came across your article. And I read it. And I'm SO sad that happened to you. I'm a member of the Church of God. And regardless of the many hate/threats I'm probably going to get after this comment, I HAD to reach out to you. First off, I want to apologize on behalf of anyone that hurt you. The Church of God DOES NOT TEACH arrogance or putting people down, or any of the things you have experienced. But I HAVE TO STRESS TO YOU that ANYONE in the flesh is a SINNER. So the church member you encountered may took out their own underlying problem on you. The Church of God beliefs in God the Father & God the Mother. Therefor we are a family. That sister might have been upset with you like a TYPICAL BIG SISTER. For example; if your little sister starts skipping school or something, you would get annoyed. That sister probably felt like you were "skipping church". I really believe it was a LACK OF COMMUNICATION. Why is it people HATE so much? Since I've been coming to the Church of God, I've learned what it means to care about someone other then myself. I learned what it means to let go of MY EGO, MY OPINIONS and try to humble myself. The hardest thing for a human being to do is humble themselves, be gentle…and I think EVERYONE struggles with that. As far as THE CHURCH OF GOD. You cannot discredit their teachings from a bad experience. I'm not here to throw bible verses or facts at anyone. My job isn't to convert people either. I just wish you the best of luck on the rest of your life &; I hope one day God leads you back when the time is right. It hurts me more to know people LOVE GOSSIP. They make Church of God seem like a horror movie. When in reality it's the most positive place in the world. In a society that is dominated by every form of sin, its amazing to find SOMEWHERE that teaches about God. Not about "a god" that fits my personal life….but about True God. Feel free to curse me out or whatever after this for everyone else. I just hope this girl feels how sincere I feel when I said I hope the best for you and pray for anyone else like you that walked away from God because of a sinner's bad example. We <3 you still.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.