"it's the most positive place in the world"

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was left on "It's not the devil… It's my baby" – A Former Member's Story on 11/18/12

Sumiyah says:

Hi. Somehow I came across your article. And I read it. And I'm SO sad that happened to you. I'm a member of the Church of God. And regardless of the many hate/threats I'm probably going to get after this comment, I HAD to reach out to you. First off, I want to apologize on behalf of anyone that hurt you. The Church of God DOES NOT TEACH arrogance or putting people down, or any of the things you have experienced. But I HAVE TO STRESS TO YOU that ANYONE in the flesh is a SINNER. So the church member you encountered may took out their own underlying problem on you. The Church of God beliefs in God the Father & God the Mother. Therefor we are a family. That sister might have been upset with you like a TYPICAL BIG SISTER. For example; if your little sister starts skipping school or something, you would get annoyed. That sister probably felt like you were "skipping church". I really believe it was a LACK OF COMMUNICATION. Why is it people HATE so much? Since I've been coming to the Church of God, I've learned what it means to care about someone other then myself. I learned what it means to let go of MY EGO, MY OPINIONS and try to humble myself. The hardest thing for a human being to do is humble themselves, be gentle…and I think EVERYONE struggles with that. As far as THE CHURCH OF GOD. You cannot discredit their teachings from a bad experience. I'm not here to throw bible verses or facts at anyone. My job isn't to convert people either. I just wish you the best of luck on the rest of your life &; I hope one day God leads you back when the time is right. It hurts me more to know people LOVE GOSSIP. They make Church of God seem like a horror movie. When in reality it's the most positive place in the world. In a society that is dominated by every form of sin, its amazing to find SOMEWHERE that teaches about God. Not about "a god" that fits my personal life….but about True God. Feel free to curse me out or whatever after this for everyone else. I just hope this girl feels how sincere I feel when I said I hope the best for you and pray for anyone else like you that walked away from God because of a sinner's bad example. We <3 you still.

Simon
    Participant

But that wasn’t something I accomplished on my own. Through the teachings of Mother I learned my selfish, ego-centric, superficial, argumentative are NOT JUSTIFIED BY FAITH ALONE. 

genny
    Participant

Moved-Comment wrote:

This comment was left on "It's not the devil… It's my baby" – A Former Member's Story on 11/20/12

Sumiyah says:

Through the teachings of Mother I learned my selfish, ego-centric, superficial, argumentative are NOT JUSTIFIED BY FAITH ALONE. Those are REAL PROBLEMS that need to be worked on. And as my faith grew, I see myself becoming a better person.

Simon wrote:

But that wasn't something I accomplished on my own. Through the teachings of Mother I learned my selfish, ego-centric, superficial, argumentative are NOT JUSTIFIED BY FAITH ALONE. 

(Simon, I'm not sure if you were agreeing with this point or responding or what… but anyway…)

This seems to be a common misconception of salvation by faith, being "justified by faith" (which by the way is written about several times: Romans 3:28 and 5:1 and Galatians 2:16 and 3:24 are just a few).

Too many people (including some who say they are Christians) think that being saved by faith means that you just say you believe in Jesus and His sacrifice for your sins, and then you can just go on your merry way and live however you want without care.  NO, that kind of faith is meaningless, just words but no heart.  James goes into this in depth in James 2.

James 2:14, "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?"

The faith that saves is the deep, heartfelt, faith that shows itself in action, in a changed life.  But it's not the action that saves, it's the faith.

Think if you have two people who perform the same actions–getting baptised, attending church weekly, giving tithes, feeding the poor, etc.  One does it all whole-heartedly, but the other just goes through the motions because they think it's expected and it looks good.  Which one is saved?  The one with the actions or the one with the faith?

It's like the quote from Martin Luther about being saved by faith alone, but not a faith that is alone.

(Didn't we have another thread about this at one time?  I don't want to get off topic here if it's better to go find the old thread…)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I carry a knife. I like to get up and personal.

emil
    Participant

@Sumiyah and MrAnderson – I do not want to make any statement that my church is the right church and all others are wrong. All I ask of my frined in WMSCOG is that she engage in communication based on points of teaching. This is where I am up against a brick wall with her.

I see the same thing happening here. In my post, the 3rd in this thread, I have made specific points. I would appreciate if you can address those points in particular. Rather than making vague generalizations and remark about individual behaviour, we could all stick to a discussion based on concrete points of teaching if you are not afraid of actually discussing them. I am sure that you being a strong, positive and intelligent young woman will not hesitate to engage in healthy impersonal debate.

Emily too has tried to keep her post issue based. We would love to have your participation here. It would be a wonderful opportunity for you to clarify various misconceptions we may all have about your church. 

Feel free to point out if anyone stoops to personal remarks and goes off track.

KC
    Participant

Mr Anderson, the arrogancy im implying is NOT about wmscog claims to be "the true ways", every denomination also said that.

but the wmscog arrogancy im talking about is when they dissed everybody else yet when somebody said something about them, they go aaaaallll offended, its like its only them who have the RIGHT to say BAD THINGS…. THATS the arrogancy im talking about.

angelikkepr
    Participant

I’m a 100% with you KC… I think they like to play the inocent part just so they can say “oh look! We are suffering from persecution (again)”… “The most positive place in the world” and it’s members broke down my family, and on days like this one when the families get together and spend time TOGETHER, many of them are missing a loved one, so, again, the WMSCOG teachings only harm people and their families. My toughts and prayers for all of you that are hoping to reunite with your loved ones.

KC
    Participant

i dont call teaching anybody to stay away or even leave (including family or spouse) everyone else whos not in sion is a positive teaching, its just their way to alienate a person so nobody can complaint or help that person to regain his or her sense while the wmscog robbing them.

angelikkepr
    Participant

Iknoe, I just included my own feelings there… I totally understand your point.

Joshua
    Participant

Sumiyah , I'm going to dispute you about your thought about your group. I'm going to ask you to open up your mind and I feel that I need to ask you to do this after your second response. Please DON'T mistake my dispute as being some sort of hate against you or some of the other people in your group. Overall I believe that the people in your group are decent folks who honestly believe that they are seeking the truth and are trying to do gods will. Here's where it's going to start getting very hard for you and any other WMS member that has the courage to read this. First of all, there is no doubt that every member of this group has been mislead and blinded to the truth. The wool that has been pulled over the eyes of folks is hidden by a false love. This love, when tested, fails those folks who have been lead to believe that this false god called mother holds them close to her. On this point I will start with simple facts. 1) This womans eyesight is getting worse every year. 2) This womans hearing is so bad that she can hardly function without her hearing aides. 3) This woman knows very little english. These three points are undenyable. How does this point to her being a false god? Unless you pray in Korean she will not understand your prayer. If you are not loud enough she will not hear you at all. If you were in front of her she might not even be able to make out who you are. When english speaking people go to visit Zahng (mother) she travels with at least one, sometimes more, translators. (God knows every language and speaks to people in the language they understand. God also knows every person individually.) Zahng is not even her real name. It has been modified so that the A in Ahn and the Z in Zahng could be viewed as the Alpha and Omega. (The beginning and the end.) Just one part of the deceptions that has been placed upon the members of the WMSCOG. Does God deceive people? Let's go on. One of the reasons that the WMS gives for Ahn being god is that he was baptised in his 30th year just like Jesus and King David. (Yes, the whole King David prophesy.) What they fail to tell members is that for those first thirty years Ahn and his family were practicing Buddist. Yes, I said Buddist. What's the big deal about that you might be asking? Would God ever worship a false god or idol?  In his 30th year Ahn followed his mother (This was his physical mother!) into the Seventh Day Adventist cult. Yes, it is a recognized cult according to many professionals that study such groups. For sixteen years Ahn studied and taught the SDA teachings. The SDA's founders have been proven as false prophets and many of the origional teachings are still taught in that group. Would God ever follow a false prophet or their teachings? I'm going to stop there as I feel that the point of Ahn not being God is clear. There is a lot more to research and learn about this but I do believe that people need to discover things for themselves. You have been told what to think and believe by others for too long. Don't take what I'm telling you as the absolute truth. Discover the truth for yourself. Back to the discussion. If Ahn is not Jesus ie god the father then he could not, nor did he, reveal a god the mother. Point of fact, Ahn even wrote a book stating that there is no god the mother. He even went so far as to say that if anyone believed they were god the mother they were delutional. If Ahn was god would god lie? One way or the other lies have been forced on the members of the WMSCOG. This is not love in any way shape or form! My loved one got caught in this cult for over a year. As I was researching everything I could about this group I kept coming up with problems. (I wanted this to be the truth but I was not willing to take a strangers word for it.) For me the most obvious thing that kept me out of this cult was the fact that a belief in a god the mother destroyed the power and authority of Jesus Christ. I know that I just threw you for a loop. Let me explain. The WMSCOG spends so much time pushing Elohim as meaning two gods but then they back peddle and try to say that they are one god. You can't have it both ways. Elohim is the plural form of God. (Please research this because there is a very real explaination for how this represents the Holy Trinity and the One True God.) The WMS pushes the idea of god the father and god the mother. When I was shown this I asked if the WMS still believes in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? They said yes, that is one of the gods. Here's the problem: If you believe that father and mother created all things then father cheated on mother. God, in the form of the Holy Spirit, went to another woman (Mary) and impregnated her. Now, my loved one tried to trap me right away with this. She said, "Are you saying that God had sex with Mary?" I said, "No, I said he impregnated her. Are you trying to say that Mary was not pregnant?" She backed right down on this. So at this point father would have cheated on mother. Would God ever do this? What would this make Jesus? Jesus would be the bastard child of god. No longer the perfect lamb. No longer the perfect sacrifice able to attone for out sins. The belief of a god the mother destroys the foundation of Christianity. If this foundation is destroyed who cares if Ahn was the reencarnation of Jesus. It doesn't work! Now the backpeddling. No, mother is the bride of the Lamb. So mother has to marry the son of god. Would this ever happen? After presenting this I was introduced to another study about Abraham and Sarah. After this study I recapped what was covered. Ok, Abraham represents father and Sarah represents mother. They said that that's right. So that makes Issac the son of god ie Jesus. They said yes. Now, let's run down this story and watch it fall appart. Mother tells father to have sex with her sevant Haggar. God would never do that! What happens? Father has sex with the sevant. (Cheating) Later, father has sex with mother and gets her pregnant. She gives birth to the son of God ie Jesus. Now we're are back to the problem of mother being the bride of the lamb. Now Sarah has to marry Issac! We're right back to the same problem of mother marrying her son. No possible way! The WMSCOG has too many lies and deceptions driving a wedge between man and God. Please open your eyes and tell as many people you can to get out NOW! This cult will continue to confuse you and blind you to the truth if you let them. This is not love, truth, or the most positive place on earth. Please wake up and refuse to take any more of this poison into your spirit. Stop praying to these false gods! Jesus is the only way and even Ahn taught that Jesus is the only name by which one can be saved. There is so much more you need to learn about the deception and misinformation created by the WMSCOG. Please keep learning and research everything. Don't take anyones word for it! Discover the truth for yourself. The WMSCOG is a horrible and wicked place that destroys peoples lives. Please stop supporting this and start fighting this corruption with us.

Stained
    Participant

Hey Sumi, they teach you to test the spirits don't they ?  O.K. test them.  Skip your tithe for say 2 months.  Then miss a couple of Saturdays in between.  You'll see how much they love you.  Just try it and let us know here at this forum.  WE love you and don't want you to be hurt.   We are pretty sure everyone is going to wake up but the question is at what point.  The sooner the better.  Test them Sumi and feel the love. 

Stained
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Sumiyah , I'm going to dispute you about your thought about your group. I'm going to ask you to open up your mind and I feel that I need to ask you to do this after your second response. Please DON'T mistake my dispute as being some sort of hate against you or some of the other people in your group. Overall I believe that the people in your group are decent folks who honestly believe that they are seeking the truth and are trying to do gods will. Here's where it's going to start getting very hard for you and any other WMS member that has the courage to read this. First of all, there is no doubt that every member of this group has been mislead and blinded to the truth. The wool that has been pulled over the eyes of folks is hidden by a false love. This love, when tested, fails those folks who have been lead to believe that this false god called mother holds them close to her. On this point I will start with simple facts. 1) This womans eyesight is getting worse every year. 2) This womans hearing is so bad that she can hardly function without her hearing aides. 3) This woman knows very little english. These three points are undenyable. How does this point to her being a false god? Unless you pray in Korean she will not understand your prayer. If you are not loud enough she will not hear you at all. If you were in front of her she might not even be able to make out who you are. When english speaking people go to visit Zahng (mother) she travels with at least one, sometimes more, translators. (God knows every language and speaks to people in the language they understand. God also knows every person individually.) Zahng is not even her real name. It has been modified so that the A in Ahn and the Z in Zahng could be viewed as the Alpha and Omega. (The beginning and the end.) Just one part of the deceptions that has been placed upon the members of the WMSCOG. Does God deceive people? Let's go on. One of the reasons that the WMS gives for Ahn being god is that he was baptised in his 30th year just like Jesus and King David. (Yes, the whole King David prophesy.) What they fail to tell members is that for those first thirty years Ahn and his family were practicing Buddist. Yes, I said Buddist. What's the big deal about that you might be asking? Would God ever worship a false god or idol?  In his 30th year Ahn followed his mother (This was his physical mother!) into the Seventh Day Adventist cult. Yes, it is a recognized cult according to many professionals that study such groups. For sixteen years Ahn studied and taught the SDA teachings. The SDA's founders have been proven as false prophets and many of the origional teachings are still taught in that group. Would God ever follow a false prophet or their teachings? I'm going to stop there as I feel that the point of Ahn not being God is clear. There is a lot more to research and learn about this but I do believe that people need to discover things for themselves. You have been told what to think and believe by others for too long. Don't take what I'm telling you as the absolute truth. Discover the truth for yourself. Back to the discussion. If Ahn is not Jesus ie god the father then he could not, nor did he, reveal a god the mother. Point of fact, Ahn even wrote a book stating that there is no god the mother. He even went so far as to say that if anyone believed they were god the mother they were delutional. If Ahn was god would god lie? One way or the other lies have been forced on the members of the WMSCOG. This is not love in any way shape or form! My loved one got caught in this cult for over a year. As I was researching everything I could about this group I kept coming up with problems. (I wanted this to be the truth but I was not willing to take a strangers word for it.) For me the most obvious thing that kept me out of this cult was the fact that a belief in a god the mother destroyed the power and authority of Jesus Christ. I know that I just threw you for a loop. Let me explain. The WMSCOG spends so much time pushing Elohim as meaning two gods but then they back peddle and try to say that they are one god. You can't have it both ways. Elohim is the plural form of God. (Please research this because there is a very real explaination for how this represents the Holy Trinity and the One True God.) The WMS pushes the idea of god the father and god the mother. When I was shown this I asked if the WMS still believes in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? They said yes, that is one of the gods. Here's the problem: If you believe that father and mother created all things then father cheated on mother. God, in the form of the Holy Spirit, went to another woman (Mary) and impregnated her. Now, my loved one tried to trap me right away with this. She said, "Are you saying that God had sex with Mary?" I said, "No, I said he impregnated her. Are you trying to say that Mary was not pregnant?" She backed right down on this. So at this point father would have cheated on mother. Would God ever do this? What would this make Jesus? Jesus would be the bastard child of god. No longer the perfect lamb. No longer the perfect sacrifice able to attone for out sins. The belief of a god the mother destroys the foundation of Christianity. If this foundation is destroyed who cares if Ahn was the reencarnation of Jesus. It doesn't work! Now the backpeddling. No, mother is the bride of the Lamb. So mother has to marry the son of god. Would this ever happen? After presenting this I was introduced to another study about Abraham and Sarah. After this study I recapped what was covered. Ok, Abraham represents father and Sarah represents mother. They said that that's right. So that makes Issac the son of god ie Jesus. They said yes. Now, let's run down this story and watch it fall appart. Mother tells father to have sex with her sevant Haggar. God would never do that! What happens? Father has sex with the sevant. (Cheating) Later, father has sex with mother and gets her pregnant. She gives birth to the son of God ie Jesus. Now we're are back to the problem of mother being the bride of the lamb. Now Sarah has to marry Issac! We're right back to the same problem of mother marrying her son. No possible way! The WMSCOG has too many lies and deceptions driving a wedge between man and God. Please open your eyes and tell as many people you can to get out NOW! This cult will continue to confuse you and blind you to the truth if you let them. This is not love, truth, or the most positive place on earth. Please wake up and refuse to take any more of this poison into your spirit. Stop praying to these false gods! Jesus is the only way and even Ahn taught that Jesus is the only name by which one can be saved. There is so much more you need to learn about the deception and misinformation created by the WMSCOG. Please keep learning and research everything. Don't take anyones word for it! Discover the truth for yourself. The WMSCOG is a horrible and wicked place that destroys peoples lives. Please stop supporting this and start fighting this corruption with us.

AMEN Joshua !

Stained
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

AMEN Joshua !

prtyeyes
    Participant

I agree with Joshua and Stained,I hope sooner rather than later more people wake up to the lies! Joshua that was all the words I was thinking about this post but couldn’t put together, thank you!

prtyeyes
    Participant

I agree with Joshua and Stained,I hope sooner rather than later more people wake up to the lies! Joshua that was all the words I was thinking about this post but couldn’t put together, thank you!

Joshua
    Participant

Sometimes I'm afraid that I get too passionate about my distain for the destructive nature of this cult. There is so much more I would like to say however, if the WMS member take the time to review my postings all over this forum they would find about 95% of what could have been added here. Thank you for the agreeing and the AMENS my friends. I feel even more sure that we need to be ready for a lot of people coming out of the WMSCOG in the next four months. Some people will see the lies and deceptions of the WMS for what they truly are. Prepare yourselves my friends. We need to be ready to help in any way we can. Our love and compassion is going to be the neccessary final force that will bring people out of this bondage. Once again, please prepare for this mass exodus. May the grace and glory of God be with you.

BTB
    Participant

The most positive place to be ?  

BTB
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Sometimes I'm afraid that I get too passionate about my distain for the destructive nature of this cult. There is so much more I would like to say however, if the WMS member take the time to review my postings all over this forum they would find about 95% of what could have been added here. Thank you for the agreeing and the AMENS my friends. I feel even more sure that we need to be ready for a lot of people coming out of the WMSCOG in the next four months. Some people will see the lies and deceptions of the WMS for what they truly are. Prepare yourselves my friends. We need to be ready to help in any way we can. Our love and compassion is going to be the neccessary final force that will bring people out of this bondage. Once again, please prepare for this mass exodus. May the grace and glory of God be with you.

You are passionate about this but you're speaking for all of us on this side of the tracks.  I'm sure others are holding back because they may have love ones still trapped in there.

Simon
    Participant

I would like to point out test the spirits does not mean to sin and see how God reacts.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

One of my roommates is doing a paper on scientology. We ended up talking about crossing between god and science. She said she always wondered why we called god him and not her. Or why not it if god is truly genderless. It was an interesting conversation.

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I would like to point out test the spirits does not mean to sin and see how God reacts.

Good point, but are you referring to skipping tithe and Sabbath services?  Someone testing the wmscog this way could always set the tithe aside to give later and stay home worshipping and praying on Saturday.  The key would be, though, not to share what you were doing with anyone else (other than God in personal prayer).

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.