It has been a long time since I've heard this excuse!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

A professing WMSCOG member suggested that the Bible is more of a misinterpreted collection of stories. She stated that it was written so long after Jesus death that the facts might be somehow misrepresented. All of this came after a heart felt confession that Zahng and Ahn are god the father and god the mother. Talk about having a m*** case of confusion going on and I'm supposed to want to come to zion and study under this mess?

Lets put some things into perspective folks. 1) The story of Jesus is one of the most well documented stories in history. 2) The Bible has the most interesting collection of facts and history than any other book ever written. 3) When the facts of the Bible are disputed and it appears that the Bible is somehow wrong sooner or later evidence is found that prove that the Bible is right.

Check this out: Nobody questions Aristotles writtings but many people choose to question the Bible. Aristotle wrote his Ode to Poetics between 384 and 322 bc. The earliest copy of this work dates to 1100ad. and there are only 49 known manuscripts. The gap between the origional writtings and the earliest copies is 1,400 years but no one questions the authenticity, translation, or relavence of his work. Plato's Tetralogies were written around 427 – 347 bc. The earliest copy of his work is 900ad. A difference of around 1,200 years. Obviously in each case these are not first had copies of these guys written work. The people who composed these books could not have known the people of whom they were compiling the information on or if even all of the collective writting were really even from those authors. Keeping this in mind people generally don't question any of these writtings. What about the New Testament? Jesus was crucified in 30ad. The New Testament was written by people from 48ad to 95 ad. The oldest manuscripts date to the last quarter of the first century, and the second oldest 125ad. So the New Testament is a first hand accounting of the life, death, and ressurection of Christ Jesus. How many text of the ancient New Testament in various languages are there? It's estimated so far at over 24,600. With these ancient writtings people have discovered that almost the entire current New Testament that we read today is just as it was written almost 2,000 years ago.

Please don't try and sell me on the idea that the Bible is not as it once was. Now I will give you that there are different translations that are pretty bad like the NIV and others but as a whole the Bible is the inspired Word of God. What's more, if you don't believe the Bible is accurate then why do you think that Ahn or Zahng could be. Do your research and find this stuff out for yourself. (In the process you are going to discover that the whole mother and father thing is the fairytail.) 

I need to thank Ray Comfort for most of the information I have shared with you here. You can research him online. He has a lot of great materials on tons of different topics.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.