Is their teaching biblical?

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

Wmscog: Are they fake or real? According to the bible they pose a few disturbing issues. Reseda Zion and a few like it are very confusing. This organization needs to prove otherwise. The mother god needs to prove deity but yet to do so.

emil
    Participant

Oh they definitely are real. I know a few members. ๐Ÿ™‚

As to whether their teaching is biblical, it depends on what you mean. You can use bible verses in isolation and combination to teach virtually anything including how it is good to sin. Like for instance today in church the gospel reading was from Mt 13:47-50. Here is the entire text:

47 "Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

What happens if you read only the first two verses? I can say that the bad fish got thrown back into the water and continued living while the good ones were cooked and eaten. So sin is good.

Yet the remaining two verses spell out what will actually happen to the wicked.

emil
    Participant

Oh they definitely are real. I know a few members. ๐Ÿ™‚

As to whether their teaching is biblical, it depends on what you mean. You can use bible verses in isolation and combination to teach virtually anything including how it is good to sin. Like for instance today in church the gospel reading was from Mt 13:47-50. Here is the entire text:

47 "Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

What happens if you read only the first two verses? I can say that the bad fish got thrown back into the water and continued living while the good ones were cooked and eaten. So sin is good.

Yet the remaining two verses spell out what will actually happen to the wicked.

Joshua
    Participant

Good one Emil! I'm going to use this one.

Joshua
    Participant

Good one Emil! I'm going to use this one.

serg
    Participant

The better question is, are their teachings from Jesus Christ and the disciples? Well, Passover, The Sabbath etc, are indeed biblical. Those practices can be found in the bible. However, they are not "teachings" from Jesus and the disciples. The wmscog claim they keep the "teachings" of the early church and the only church that does. Note, that the "teachings" they are reffering to are the sabbath, passover and the feasts as well as a few other things. Jesus never taught or gave any teaching about any of that stuff. Nor did He ever commaned anyone to do it. If we read the Gospels, we see what He actually commanded. He made it clear that life was through Him various times, and not through things inbetween. We cannot bring the binding law of the OT to the NT and remix it. Like the wmscog does. They are still inslaved to a law. Jesus didn't come to bind us again to another law. The law is based on works. The Gospel is the Gospel of grace. Under law, man works. Under grace, God works. He came to set us free.

The teachings the wmscog claim you must keep for salvation are all based on man and his works. Not Jesus and His works. At this point, salvation is no longer a gift to be recieved. But a reward to be earned from your works. Which isn't right. So yes, their stuff is "biblical". But that doesn't make them right. So Jesus isn't our rest, but the sabbath is according to them. Sure there is a law of Christ which is also the law of Grace. It is not what the wmscog claim it is, what is pretty much a "keepable" new version of the OT law in other words. It's like they are inslaving people to this new law they say is "the law of Christ" and if you don't keep it your doomed. Look at the mosaic law, it worked the same way. Don't keep the law? Then you're in trouble. The wmscog teachings are biblical just like how stoning people to death is biblical.

serg
    Participant

The better question is, are their teachings from Jesus Christ and the disciples? Well, Passover, The Sabbath etc, are indeed biblical. Those practices can be found in the bible. However, they are not "teachings" from Jesus and the disciples. The wmscog claim they keep the "teachings" of the early church and the only church that does. Note, that the "teachings" they are reffering to are the sabbath, passover and the feasts as well as a few other things. Jesus never taught or gave any teaching about any of that stuff. Nor did He ever commaned anyone to do it. If we read the Gospels, we see what He actually commanded. He made it clear that life was through Him various times, and not through things inbetween. We cannot bring the binding law of the OT to the NT and remix it. Like the wmscog does. They are still inslaved to a law. Jesus didn't come to bind us again to another law. The law is based on works. The Gospel is the Gospel of grace. Under law, man works. Under grace, God works. He came to set us free.

The teachings the wmscog claim you must keep for salvation are all based on man and his works. Not Jesus and His works. At this point, salvation is no longer a gift to be recieved. But a reward to be earned from your works. Which isn't right. So yes, their stuff is "biblical". But that doesn't make them right. So Jesus isn't our rest, but the sabbath is according to them. Sure there is a law of Christ which is also the law of Grace. It is not what the wmscog claim it is, what is pretty much a "keepable" new version of the OT law in other words. It's like they are inslaving people to this new law they say is "the law of Christ" and if you don't keep it your doomed. Look at the mosaic law, it worked the same way. Don't keep the law? Then you're in trouble. The wmscog teachings are biblical just like how stoning people to death is biblical.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I agree with the responses. Taking scriptures out of context and working for ones salvation completely contradict Jesus’ teaching.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I agree with the responses. Taking scriptures out of context and working for ones salvation completely contradict Jesus’ teaching.

emil
    Participant

I was talking to my wife about exactly what serg has said. The entire 7 feasts rituals are taken from Lev chapter 23. Lev 24 continues the instrcutions. Then Lev 10-16 is the story of the blasphemer and what was to be done to him. The wmscog would have a hard time following all the laws. As Paul says, once you are under the law, you are under the whole law, not just parts of it.

emil
    Participant

I was talking to my wife about exactly what serg has said. The entire 7 feasts rituals are taken from Lev chapter 23. Lev 24 continues the instrcutions. Then Lev 10-16 is the story of the blasphemer and what was to be done to him. The wmscog would have a hard time following all the laws. As Paul says, once you are under the law, you are under the whole law, not just parts of it.

emil
    Participant

The above should be Lev 24:10-16

emil
    Participant

The above should be Lev 24:10-16

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.