"Is The City of New Jerusalem a Female God?" Audio Recording of Ahn Sanhg-Hong

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emil,

In regards to your 1st point, we collectively know the body and blood is not PO. I will restate that I referred to it as “PO” because that’s what the WMSCOG calls it. From what I gathered, the discussion wasn’t about whether or not it’s PO but did the WMSCOG keep “PO” on the Sunday when Jesus resurrected. The PO and the WMSCOG “PO” are 2 very different things.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emil,

To your 2nd point, this just proves the WMSCOG was right saying the Catholics changed the regulation. Not that this was in the discussion but I thought I would point that out. ๐Ÿ™‚

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emil,

Point 3.. So, why would you cross the WMSCOG resurrection regulation with the Catholics regulation just because it happened on the same day? You have daily m a s s, you say. So you keep 3rd day worship? Tabernacle? All that?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emil,

Point 4, you’re “evil” because you’re not doing it right. Period. That is the basic belief of the WMSCOG minions. If a church does something in the name of God or claims it’s from God they must do it precisely to God’s instruction. If you’re not, you’re evil. Even if you kept communion once a year on the 14 th day of the 1st month at twilight you’re still wrong because you don’t have mother.

emil
    Participant

@Simon – I understand what you are saying. The following response is to you and Renita. I don't wish to argue. I am just presenting my point of view.

1. Aside from the name being "the Lord's Supper," 1 Cor 11 tells us one more thing. Paul tells them that they do this whenever they come together as a church. Obviously this is not once a year but more frequent like weekly at least. From other references in Acts (2:42-47 for instance) it clearly is something they did daily too.

2. There is a lot behind the understanding why receiving the Eucharist under a single species satisfies the requirement. Neither do I know all of it, nor is this the right place for such detail. Briefly, Jesus gave the Eucharist (bread) to his disciples at Emmaus and their eyes were opened. This wasn't the day of the Jewish passover.

3. Renita, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. We have daily m a s s. I don't know what exactly you mean by 3rd day worship, Tabernacle, etc. Every weekday m a s s is the same. For us Tabernacle is the place where the body of Christ (Eucharist) is kept. Regarding the daily Eucharist, I also point to John chapter 6, verses 49-51 in particular. Jesus illustrates how the manna in the desert was a foreshadow of his being the bread of life. How often did the Israelites eat manna? Daily.

4. About 'daily is not right, hence evil,' already covered above. "you're still wrong because you don't have mother" – guilty as accused ๐Ÿ™‚

Love'n Honey
    Participant

You came across to me in a way that made the WMSCOG regulation for resurrection day communion because it was on the same day (Sunday). That’s why I said you must also celebrate the WMSCOG feasts because your church gathers daily.

That verse in 1 Cor needs to be broken down. From what I’ve read, it doesn’t mean every time you gather but every time you eat and drink the bread and wine.

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

2. There is a lot behind the understanding why receiving the Eucharist under a single species satisfies the requirement. Neither do I know all of it, nor is this the right place for such detail. Briefly, Jesus gave the Eucharist (bread) to his disciples at Emmaus and their eyes were opened. This wasn't the day of the Jewish passover.

Assuming it is the Eucharist (debateable either way) at best it shows you can do the flesh alone but it doesn't show you can do the blood alone

(which makes a scientific sense as flesh contains blood but blood doesn't contain flesh)

3. Renita, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. We have daily m a s s. I don't know what exactly you mean by 3rd day worship, Tabernacle, etc. Every weekday m a s s is the same. For us Tabernacle is the place where the body of Christ (Eucharist) is kept. Regarding the daily Eucharist, I also point to John chapter 6, verses 49-51 in particular. Jesus illustrates how the manna in the desert was a foreshadow of his being the bread of life. How often did the Israelites eat manna? Daily.

I'd point out the Feast of Tabernacles has nothing to do with THE tabernacle (not sure if you were saying that or not just in case)

but the manna thing is certainly an interesting point

emil
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

You came across to me in a way that made the WMSCOG regulation for resurrection day communion because it was on the same day (Sunday). That's why I said you must also celebrate the WMSCOG feasts because your church gathers daily.

I guess that's settled then. For us the Eucharistic celebration, more commonly known as the Mass, can be daily. It is not specific to resurrection day. I brought up the example of that day because Jesus broke bread and gave his disciples on a day which wasn't the passover.

That verse in 1 Cor needs to be broken down. From what I've read, it doesn't mean every time you gather but every time you eat and drink the bread and wine.

I'm not sure which version you're reading. I looked at the NIV and the KJV and got the same sense from both. Verse 18 says that it is when they come together in church. You can see that every time they gathered as church, the bread and wine was eaten and drunk.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Assuming it is the Eucharist (debateable either way) at best it shows you can do the flesh alone but it doesn't show you can do the blood alone

(which makes a scientific sense as flesh contains blood but blood doesn't contain flesh)

I did not say blood alone. I said one species. I have never come across blood alone.

Simon wrote:I'd point out the Feast of Tabernacles has nothing to do with THE tabernacle (not sure if you were saying that or not just in case)

Renita just said Tabernacle. Anyway her question was in a context which seems to have been resolved now.

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

Simon wrote:

I did not say blood alone. I said one species. I have never come across blood alone.

I've seen it depicted on Television and I have some Catholic Friends who have said they have done it I do not know

I guess that's settled then. For us the Eucharistic celebration, more commonly known as the Mass, can be daily. It is not specific to resurrection day. I brought up the example of that day because Jesus broke bread and gave his disciples on a day which wasn't the passover.

WMSCOG doesn't believe that's the Eucharist/Mass/Communion/Passover whatever but a second regulation because there is no wine that's why they reject your claim 

That verse in 1 Cor needs to be broken down. From what I've read, it doesn't mean every time you gather but every time you eat and drink the bread and wine.

I'm not sure which version you're reading. I looked at the NIV and the KJV and got the same sense from both. Verse 18 says that it is when they come together in church. You can see that every time they gathered as church, the bread and wine was eaten and drunk.

I think she is referring to 1 Cor 11:26

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I've seen it depicted on Television and I have some Catholic Friends who have said they have done it I do not know

I have never seen it done and I am not familiar with the regulation. So I can't comment.

Simon wrote:

WMSCOG doesn't believe that's the Eucharist/Mass/Communion/Passover whatever but a second regulation because there is no wine that's why they reject your claim 

I haven't made a claim. I was just stating that my friend in the wmscog tells me that the catholic church is evil because it has "PO" so frequently. You/they can't have it both ways. You can't say that it's not the "PO" and then again say we are doing the "PO" too frequently. That is a absurd pair of accusations.

Simon wrote:

I think she is referring to 1 Cor 11:26

verse 26 says,

For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

That "whenever" means every time you do it. It does not put a limit on when that is. The scope of "whenever" is defined in verses 18 

In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it.

and 20

So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat,

In the second quote, he uses the negative because he is rebuking them for their misdeeds at the Lord's Supper. Those verses form the context that defines the scope of "whenever" in verse 26.

Sorry if that was complex. Hope it is clear now.

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

Simon wrote:

I haven't made a claim. I was just stating that my friend in the wmscog tells me that the catholic church is evil because it has "PO" so frequently. You/they can't have it both ways. You can't say that it's not the "PO" and then again say we are doing the "PO" too frequently. That is a absurd pair of accusations.

You did make a claim that Luke 24 validates using one species for Eucharist 

emil
    Participant

^I believe we have gone around in circles and there is a lot of confusion in this thread.

I did not mean to give the "Road to Emmaus" episode to validate one species Eucharist. It was in response to what Renita said that the wmscog teaches that the eating of the bread opened their eyes. I assumed that they were promoting the efficacy of their "PO". This gave rise to the dichotomy that I have mentioned in my last post, which you have quoted above.

Renita later clarified that the wmscog doesn't consider the event of Luke 24 as a "PO". I still do not know what exactly is the significance of Luke 24 to wmscog teaching in view of Renita's clarification. Do they recommend the bread alone or condemn it?

Here is my comment that sums up why I started this eucharist discussion.

My friend in the wmscog tells me that the catholic church is evil because it has "PO" so frequently. They can't have it both ways. They can't say that communion is not the "PO" and then again say we are doing the "PO" too frequently. That is a absurd pair of accusations.

Viewing 13 replies - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.