Is is the thought or fulfilling the thought sinful?

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

I was having a conversation about being gay and I found this article very interesting.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2008-06-23/news/36855251_1_ivanka-savic-sandra-f-witelson-straight-women

I'm a firm believer that we are the way we are because God made us this way. It's written in the bible. Rom 9:20. Though I might not find it fair that people are born a certain way, that's just the way it is. Life is harder for them in certain areas than it is for us. But I think that science has provided some evidence leading towards sexual preference, whatever it may be, not being a choice. Men like women because they were made to.. Some men like men for the same reason, I believe. However, the bible explicitly speaks against unsual sexual relations.

Which leads me to the question: Is thinking about sinning a sin? Or is it not a sin until you act it out? [Not limited to sexuality]

Simon
    Participant

Seeking thoughts and desires can be sinful just having them is not

Harry
    Participant

1. It's a sin to think about feeling up Judy.     2. It's a sin to find a place to feel up Judy  3. It's a sin to take Judy to the place

4. It's a sin to convince Judy to let you feel her up  5. and it's a sin to actually feel her up

5 sins 1 feel…not worth it

Smurf
    Participant

I hear Judy is a tranny so you wouldn't want to feel her up even if she lets you.

And she will.

But this brings us to the question – what if you merry Judy first, then try to feel her up only to find out she's packing…

That's kind of a sticky situation ๐Ÿ˜› What does scripture tell us about this? Anyone?

Simon
    Participant

Marriage needs consumation for god to recognize it

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I remember asking my Missionary about this because there was a point in my life where I thought I was a lesbian. I found women especially beautiful and had crushes on them [well, what I thought to be crushes]. Sometimes I would imagine what it would be like to be in a relationship these women but I never went through with anything because I couldn't past the Gina. Lol. And I remember learning that gays/lesibians couldn't go to heaven so I wanted to know if I had the chance. I wanted to know what made me gay: the thought or the action? I also wondered about other sins as well..

Is there any Scripture supporting that simply thinking about sinning is sinful?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

John 9:41 If you don't know you're sinning then you're not sinning but once you realize what you've done you must confess it and repent. Lev 5:5

MountainMom
    Participant

So my son doesn't know he is sinning while being in the wmscog according to John 9:41?  I hope that is true because I worry about something happening to him (God forbid) while he is in that church and God not forgiving him for worshipping false idols. 

Harry
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

I remember asking my Missionary about this because there was a point in my life where I thought I was a lesbian. I found women especially beautiful and had crushes on them [well, what I thought to be crushes]. Sometimes I would imagine what it would be like to be in a relationship these women but I never went through with anything because I couldn't past the Gina. Lol. And I remember learning that gays/lesibians couldn't go to heaven so I wanted to know if I had the chance. I wanted to know what made me gay: the thought or the action? I also wondered about other sins as well..

stop it Renita, you just made me commit 2 sins……maybe 3……I'm going to go protest now

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Harry wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

stop it Renita, you just made me commit 2 sins……maybe 3……I'm going to go protest now

Yea.. you go protest. Lol.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

So my son doesn't know he is sinning while being in the wmscog according to John 9:41?  I hope that is true because I worry about something happening to him (God forbid) while he is in that church and God not forgiving him for worshipping false idols. 

Well, if you keep reading Jesus says that because you claim to see then you're guilty. He claims to know the truth so he will be judged according to the truth whether he actually knew or not.

MountainMom
    Participant

Well, I was afraid of that. And because he recruited and drew some in, he will probably be judged for that as well.  He didn't draw very many in because he was not a good recruiter, so at least that makes me feel better in some way.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Are there really different levels of hell? The WMSCOG says there are different levels of heaven but I never got that study. I hear some people say "There's a special place in hell for people like that." Is that just a joke or is it true?

Simon
    Participant

Its mostly from Dante's divine comedy as far as I know

Harry
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Hey MM, don't forget, "It's not a church, It's a cult and they only use the bible as a weapon" your son is not worshipping a false god.

Well maybe he is worshipping a false god but He's been brainwashed! God will understand. Especially since you are actively trying to raise awareness and spare others the pain you carry.

That said, for those of us who know the truth about wmscog and don't do anything about it…..I'm not so sure God is going to like that.

MountainMom
    Participant

Yes, Harry, that thought keeps me going.  We need to keep working on raising awareness no matter how hard this struggle is.  Thanks for all you do. 

Harry
    Participant

Well mom, suppose i fly you, Renita (aka girl wonder), my boy stained and a couple of the other crazies, east to my house and we march on these boys. I know king is in and it might all come together if simon comes along!!! Emil and Disturbed are always welcome, Joshua, Sarah, Kim, genny and of course QQQQQ! I'm pretty sure everybody else knows they are welcome at my house. come on let's do it. it will be fun 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I would love to! It would be crazy if we went on a protest tour. Lol! Every other day we're protesting a different Zion in a different state. That would get a lot of attention.. Would cost a lot but would still be amazing.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I will only fly on a PJ, Harry. ๐Ÿ™‚

emil
    Participant

Harry wrote:

Well mom, suppose i fly you, Renita (aka girl wonder), my boy stained and a couple of the other crazies, east to my house and we march on these boys. I know king is in and it might all come together if simon comes along!!! Emil and Disturbed are always welcome, Joshua, Sarah, Kim, genny and of course QQQQQ! I'm pretty sure everybody else knows they are welcome at my house. come on let's do it. it will be fun 

Thanks for the invite but it would cost me a lot in terms of money and time which I can ill afford.

Harry
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

I will only fly on a PJ, Harry. ๐Ÿ™‚

That could be arranged

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.