Interview with Missionary John Power

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Well, they want to be perfect and untouchable, without blame and without fault. They want to have clean hands. Without actual experience in the church like you and I, the public wouldn't really know any better. 

Joshua
    Participant

It has to really suck for John to believe this stuff but be unable to defend it. The Bible speaks directly against this group. History does not validate their teachings. Probably the most daming of it all is that Ahn himself preached against this. Like I said, it must really suck to believe this stuff and be unable to prove it as true. Poor guy.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Joshua In my opinion, I don’t think 80% of members really belive the doctrine. They see the inconsistencies. They have the same questions that any exmembers have. Look at Powers body language. Since members wear masks (most act like Kids from an after school special), they have concerns. But the WMS puts the right formula in place, in the form of mental cues and triggers;

Members who have concerns about leadership are -“Grumbling and Complaining”

If you have bible questions you have- “Low/Luke warm faith”

If you feel lonely or like someone in WMS you may hear- “Becareful of sexual immorality”

Question a false/failed prophecy?- “WE NEVER SAID THAT” or “You misheard/misunderstood”

It all becomes a psychological game, and WMS gets in your head. I saw this when I pointed out to the Deacon a misinterpretation in a Preaching Sermon (Bible is Fact, Proverbs 8 is Wisdom speaking, not Solomon). The Deacon told me, “Well just dont tell anybody about that.”

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They basically master keeping you in with supreme guilt trips. Powers body language looks stressed, as if he isnt comfortable answering certain questions, and maybe lying. I think this comes from forcing a person to believe something is evil/bad when it isnt. That leads to Cognitive Dissonance. I remember early in, when Overseers were saying that Zhang said that Videogames were bad. I remember trying to force myself to agree…but deep down I thought it was stupid.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Bumped

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Bumped again..

Finally watched this fully. Missionary Powers did some very slick talking. Quite often and early on he repetitively said, “We believe in Jesus” etc, before he mentioned Zhang. Later on when he was asked about what he wants mainstream to know about WMS, he said, “We are a Christian church..if we are a cult, then what about the Lutheran church down the street, or the Protestant church”. So when does WMS compare itself to “Babylon” churches? You can’t convienently compare yourself to a church for the sake of wishing to be created equal, but during your services scream how everyone else doesn’t believe the biboe correctly. When he also made references to free will and choice, it seems like they refuse to believe in suggestive influence. Of course nobody physically locks you in and forces you to stay til’ 1am on Saturday, but when the Overseer yells at a member cleaning up after final service, because “This isn’t how we work for mother!?!” and saying rude things..yeah, that will make you stay til 1am.

When you hear the Tithing Sermon, and they reference the man who spent all he had to buy the field, because he knew there was a great treasure in it…then you will empty your 401k, and Savings. Nice try John power. Your dazed and confused.

Joshua
    Participant

It's unfathonable to me that someone could be involved in this group for so long and NOT see the changes in the doctrine and figure out just how manipulated they have been. Ten years and he chooses to repeat the lies of the WMSCOG. You cannot go that long in this kind of group without hearing the truth at some point. When you are unwilling to see and hear the truth you choose to be enslaved. This man is the worst kind of slave because he chooses to enslave others as well. JOHN, WAKE UP!!! Look at what you're doing! Look at what you're defending! IT'S NOT GOD!!! The Bible declares this very openly! You have your cherry picked verses that you have been taught and that you choose to re-teach. BAD!!! Now try reading the rest of the Bible! Put your cherry picked verses back into the context that they were written. Once again, WAKE UP!!! I know you and your group are reading this! WAKE UP!!!

JohnFoutraged
    Participant

I like how you mentioned suggestive influence. For example they say “no one is forced to go preaching!” But when they said this one time I wanted to stay back and study – one of the church leaders said to me since I didn’t want to go “it’s okay! We only want REAL gospel workers to go”. Another time another leader said “don’t stay back, it’s better when things are done in unity”. I thought that we had the choice? I thought that if I didn’t feel like preaching is have th choice? I suppose not when they use verses like MTW 28:18 and say only try disciples carry out God’s will by preaching. Seriously – I didn’t mind preaching….but when it came to be everyday – and even going back out at 12:00am or 1:00am (keeping in mind I lived in a smaller city – not a place like NYC – in other words pretty much everything is closed except Walmart) – they even made cheers like “preach till you drop” and “don come back to Zion until you bring someone”. Everything is forced in this church – that’s why I left.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@John I didnt like preaching. I generally was nervous, but on top of that, I hated how the members acted as if those Who didnt want to get baptized, were stupid, confused or lost.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@John passive agression my friend.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

The fact that they praise those who unrealistically sacrifice has ramifications to. Once, some male members stayed at the church until 5am one night, fixing and doing major construction. The Overseer praised them during the next Saturday. He made it seem like they rescued a family from the burning building. He then stated hiw all members should be like to.

setufree
    Participant

This missionary is a straight liar. What a sociopath.

Preaching was mandatory. We had a preaching black book which listed an entire list of malls, neighborhoods, and places we can preach in and where was not recommended. It was as big as a telephone book.

Every Sabbath we had a group schedule which we had to adhere to. Down to when we can use the restroom for bathroom break. I’m sorry who this offends but these leaders I don’t feel bad for ar all. They know exactly what they are doing, the emotional damage they administer to members, and the enslavement they create. You can’t blame the Koreans forever, this guy is as guilty as they are. It’s a business for him.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Setufree. You took the words right out of my mouth. And, thats every Church branch. We used a huge dry-erase board, and mapped out locations and teams. The lie about recrutment l, well we had goals, potentials in our families, jobs and schools that we thought might be potential members. The key with leaders is to always mix a little truth with a lie. Does the WMS member preach “wherever they go” as Powers said, yes. But they also recruit, plot and plan on the people and locations. Does the WMS spread the words of Jesus, sure, because they quote his words via the bible. But, they also use ASH and Zhangy words.

MountainMom
    Participant

Bumped again!

MountainMom
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I think you were referring to what they gave for Haiti when they had the earthquake several years ago.  Yes, they gave $100,000.  And they made sure someone was there to take a picture of him (JC Kim) handing over a check.  The thing is, my son probably gave them at least $100,000 by this time.  So they gave the equivalent of one member's tithe plus "special offerings".  Wow.  If they would have given $10,000,000  it still would have been a drop in the bucket considering what they take in in just one month.  If you do the math, you will figure out how much they roll in in the span of a year, and you will realize what they gave was chintzy according to their wealth.

Funny, I just saw something where they said that Scientology sent a delegation to Haiti as well, but the person said that it was, in their opinion, purely for  public relations and as a way to recruit.  I remember Ms. Freedom putting up a really great post on the similarities between Scientology and the Wms a while back.  We can add this to it.

MountainMom
    Participant

Bump.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I’ve never met a Scientologist, but, WMS members reminded me of Mormons. I wish a News channel would do a debate with an exmember and Missionary powers.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

WMS will never agree to any meeting with another religion's minister or theologian, let alone a debate. They would lose and they know they would. Their interpretation of the Bible is incorrect and it can be proven by anyone who knows the Bible in Hebrew and Greek. However, I have seen a preaching encounter with a member and a minister with a PhD in theology and even though the minister explained how they were misinterpreting it, the member refused to see it that way. Another example of how the WMS manipulates their members:

Manipulation of a WMS member

WMS – the scripture means this. Outside people (apostates) will try to get you to believe it means something else, but we have god the mother with us and she knows the true meaning because after all, she is god!  If you allow these people to get to you and cause you doubt, you are allowing evil to enter you don't want to disappoint mother! You may not receive the blessings she has for you.

Manipulation of a child

You need to make sure you are following all the rules and being really good. Other kids may try to get you to break the rules or do something naughty but don't forget that Santa is watching and I don't want to get a call from him asking why you have been naughty! You want to make sure you are on his list of good girls and boys!

The difference of course being that at some point every child realizes that Santa isn't real and the guy at the mall is just dressed to look like a fictional character. It's too bad that the WMS members don't realize that the person they believe to be god is just a person made to look like god. No flying reindeer and coming down the chimney with presents. No walking on water or raising people from the dead. Fiction – Fiction.

Viewing 18 replies - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.