Interview with Missionary John Power

MountainMom
    Participant

This guy says they might be able to interview "God the Mother"!  That would be a kick, wouldn't it!  I can't believe they allowed this guy to speak on camera.  Lol!

MountainMom
    Participant

Was this already posted a while ago and I missed it somehow?  Sorry, if that is the case.  Anyway, I just watched this interview and OMG!  It is really something.  Ronan Farrow did an excellent job of drawing out some really contradictory statements from John Power.  I am glad it was captured on camera.

Azula
    Participant

Tax exemption? He doesn't know whether the cult is tax exempt and the different registrations in other parts of the country? I mean clearly he's just a puppet all he spoke of was the doctrine and doesn’t know anything about how the cult is run on an administration level. And yet this guy is a missionary? Hmmm come to think about it missionary is the correct position for him, considering just how the cult is ***him over.

It's amazing how in one breath he says that members are not required to give anything financially but says they give tithe because they will see it in the bible? TF? And then he says they volunteer giving their hard earned tithe/savings after having seen it in the bible? And he says that they empty savings simply out of good will? And the worst part is that he doesn't know what happens to the money and yet he's a MISSIONARY? A Missionary!? Come on!

I find it very interesting that this cult to this day still talks of "preparing" for the judgment. In other words members are then encouraged to earn their palace in heaven. But they are not brainwashed or forced in any way to part take in preaching? I wonder how many people would refuse preaching if they were brain-washed into believing that they would go to hell for eternity if they did not preach.

Oh and that part about the points system for leading people tot the cult is total rubbish. I mean wasn't the end supposed to come when the elect had been found? aka the materials of the fine linen of the bride aka building materials, aka 144 000 according to their doctrine? But I guess the materials they are referring to must mean them dollar bills! lol!

Nice one on the law suit at 41:30. Because really now if God really was in your church why does the heifer sure, oops we’ve already established that she does not fit that definition. And the lawyer was there during the interview!? What the F@#K? Aren't these people walking with God? Isn't God incarnate in the church? And the non disclosure agreement? Oh God! this guy is really a- I'll hold back.

And the last part about kids not fasting? Bollocks! I have seen children being forced to fast at any and all fasting days i.e. ash's death and the Unleavened Bread.

The interview with mama z would happen with the intervention of an interpreter. An Interpreter, for God. Just think about that for a sec.

MountainMom
    Participant

You know what is kind of funny is that you never see the Korean leaders being interviewed.  I have my ideas on why that doesn't happen, of course.  I think they are the "accountants" that John Power was talking about.  They would really have to do a song and dance in front of the camera to expain themselves on the money aspect, wouldn't they. 

They would at least have to answer the question as to who has control of the money and if it actually is going to Korea.  Notice how very evasive John Power is on  anything on that subject.  He doesn't know?  He's been in 10 years and doesn't know anything about that?  Wow.  Unbelievable.  Literally.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Thanks for posting the video. I didn't see it before. His answers sounded watered down when I compare them to my experience. And I believe he knows more than he was letting on. He knows where the money goes. But it all my opinions. So how come his hobbies are hiking and sight seeing? No time for anything else? But then again I don't have time for hiking either. 

I highly doubt mama z will be interviewed. I don't think it will happen. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I will watch it in its entirety later (On Dad duty, lol). I have two realizations today after a back and forth with two members on a YT comment section. The first is that they are watching Exmembers more heavily than I thought. One of the members mentioned Brian Taylor by name and stated that he “is a false prophet who is directly linked to the NCPCOG”. THIS lets me know they lie to their members and are probably telling them crazy lies about exmembers. Pastor Daniel Lee already accused Michele Colon of being an “aspiring Cult expert”. This is their new thing.

Secondly, I think Im done, debating. The WMS brainwashing seems to be stronger. I didnt leave that long ago, but the members are SERIOUSLY in denial on some things, and ignore others. The members are denying the implications of 2012. When I displayed clear, concrete evidence of things not lining up, the resort to calling me a slanderer. I don’t think any member actually has looked up the definition of that word.

@Azula So I feel your frustration. My kids fasted. My wife was team leader for the Mothers. She counseled Mothers who felt bad because they would sneak their small child a piece of cracker or cookie, because the child had been fasting and crying. I honestly feel, that there are missing doctrines, papers on Zhang and ASHs hitory that can put an end to this….or atleast send them running back to Korea.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Brain Taylor is not a false prophet. Are you Brian? Then there are the overseers, they claim to be prophets of mama. I heard it straight from the horsey's mouth.  Jeez, I think I'm getting fuzzy with frustration too. 

And now they are in denial about 2012? 

@Mountain mom, so when the general pastor walked cool into the United Nations embassy years ago and handed over a cheque for $1000000 (one million dollars) do you know where he got that money?

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

Brain Taylor is not a false prophet. Are you Brian? Then there are the overseers, they claim to be prophets of mama. I heard it straight from the horsey's mouth.  Jeez, I think I'm getting fuzzy with frustration too. 

And now they are in denial about 2012? 

@Mountain mom, so when the general pastor walked cool into the United Nations embassy years ago and handed over a cheque for $1000000 (one million dollars) do you know where he got that money?

Never heard that one before.  But it's pretty obvious where they get their millions from.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

They got it from their cash mountain. Lol. 

genny
    Participant

I thought it was $100,000.

Here it is: http://english.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=1320

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Was I wrong? Did I add an extra zero? My bad. 

MountainMom
    Participant

I think you were referring to what they gave for Haiti when they had the earthquake several years ago.  Yes, they gave $100,000.  And they made sure someone was there to take a picture of him (JC Kim) handing over a check.  The thing is, my son probably gave them at least $100,000 by this time.  So they gave the equivalent of one member's tithe plus "special offerings".  Wow.  If they would have given $10,000,000  it still would have been a drop in the bucket considering what they take in in just one month.  If you do the math, you will figure out how much they roll in in the span of a year, and you will realize what they gave was chintzy according to their wealth.

MountainMom
    Participant

I also was floored by John Powers saying they don't recruit, they just preach the gospel!  He said there was no reward system or planning about where to go preaching, basically that it wasn't organized and that people just spread the word of God wherever they happened to be.  He said, for instance if I were at the hardware store buying something I might ask the clerk if he goes to church or something.  OMG! 

I saw the book in the church at Naperville where they log exactly who is preaching, where, and when.   I saw a board up in their cafeteria type place that looked like a record and reward system for preaching. 

They just preach whenever and wherever they are?  And it's all volountary?  Well, why was my son so frantic before 2012 ended?  he had to get 10 talents (recruits) and quick.  He said "Lives are at stake!"  So what is volountary about that?  It sounds completely fear driven, like if you didn't do it you were "killing people" by not saving their souls. 

By the way, one question I wish Ronan would have asked is, "Are members of your church allowed to go into other churches at any time?"  and "If not, why?"  We needed just a little more time there, I think.  But the interview was great overall. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another good question would have been "Was Jim Jones People's Temple a Church or a Cult".  Mr. Jones preached the Gospel (like WMSCOG), interpreted the Bible to justify theological concepts (like WMSCOG), and set himself up as the Chosen One (like Momma Zhang)…. and then got over 900 human beings to drink poison and die. 

Mr. Powers??? Cult or Religion?????

jw03550
    Participant

At 22:30 mark, John Powers says "very few people are claiming these things" (referring here to the label, "cult").

Actually, John, a lot more would publicly state that claim, but they keep their mouths shut because they fear being ostracized from their loved one, the member.

genny
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

At 22:30 mark, John Powers says "very few people are claiming these things" (referring here to the label, "cult").

Actually, John, a lot more would publicly state that claim, but they keep their mouths shut because they fear being ostracized from their loved one, the member.

Yes!

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Very true when referring to friends and family members with someone on the inside as a member. If you showed the Today show episode to anyone unfamiliar with this group, they would most likely call it a cult. I showed it to a coworker who didn’t know about my child being in the group and asked him what he thought. His response was “I feel sorry for the family but I’ve got to wonder why someone would get involved with a group like that when they all dress a like and think that Korean woman is God. It is clearly a cult! That looks crazy!” Even the Today Show host at the end called it a cult.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

My wife made a good point. Saying “you may be able to meet Zhang”…bold lie. They would never do that,to sound like they are open and non evasive.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I agree, mama z is not going to be interviewed. Last I checked, you need to be baptized, study, keep all the worship services, bear fruit before you can join a visiting group. Then possibly you can meet her, but even then you don't get much time to talk with her, let alone interview her with many questions. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Bumped.

And rethinking about Powers’ comment. Wms in all their supreme arrogance, act as if they are victims.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.