Internet excuses/straw-men`

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

WMSCOG has studies based on "slanders on the internet" they successfully debunk every argument they bring up. But there is a huge problem, those aren't arguments actually made by the sites I have seen. 

An example: Bird of Prey

WMC claim: Ahnsahnghong

Alleged Slander: Satan

True Claim: Cyrus.

I really have to wonder when really looking back why would they do such nonsense? Clearly it must be to make the otherside look like buffoons. If they lead people to believe all the slanders are this week they won't even look and if they do look they will think because they say all these other stupid things (which they never do say) then this must be wrong too.

Emily
    Participant

Hello Shimon.  I find this point you are making very interesting.  Can you give another example?  Are you saying that the wms is making up arguments that are supposedly on the internet (but that really aren't) and debunking them to make themselves look smart and whoever speaks against them on the internet look dumb?  

Simon
    Participant

that is really the only example I can think of off hand. but yes to answer your question that is exactly what they’re doing

Emily
    Participant

Well maybe there will be more examples to draw from during the sabbath services later today lol.  Do you think that this is a way of them doing damage control?  I mean I think that most of the members just don't even bother looking at the internet because they buy into that whole "the internet is full of lies" that the wms feeds them.  But it seems that they would have to do some damage control right?  I imagine that some members do look around on the internet (since you and I did lol).  And I'm sure that some of the member's families look on the internet.  What do you think? 

Simon
    Participant

I haven’t gone in two Weeks and.not going just.to eaves drop.lol.

But probably yes

Emily
    Participant

Oh I wasn't aware that you stopped attending.  If you posted that in another thread, I'm sorry I missed it.  I can't say that I'm not glad that you stopped going lol.  But what made you decide not to return?

Simon
    Participant

Genny gave me links to some.records on watv and NASA moon charts

Emily
    Participant

Ook got it.  Well congrats man!  That's really awesome.  I wish my family member would figure it out like you did.

Simon
    Participant

So does your family member but believe the 8th month or not care

Emily
    Participant

What do you mean?

Simon
    Participant

Have you shown your family about keeping seventh month feasts in the eighth month

Emily
    Participant

oh yeah.  but it didn't make a difference.  my family member can't acknowledge that the wms is wrong about anything even when confronted with solid evidence.  it's very frustrating.  now my family member won't even talk to me.  

Simon
    Participant

What really got me was their love for I Kings 12:25-33 specifically 32_33

Emily
    Participant

Now that's a good!!!  A friend of mine always says that the wms is "worshipping the golden calf".  And to top it off they say she's the heifer.  Crazy.  Turns out they are fulfilling prophecy after all lol.

Emily
    Participant

You should start a separate post about that.

Simon
    Participant

Lol there had to be something

Emily
    Participant

Well kudos to them I guess ha ha.

Simon
    Participant

They don’t get chocolate drizzled granola.bars for that … Lol

Joshua
    Participant

I just looked up 1 Kings. Talk about dead on the money! Nice going Shimon! Everyone needs to read this!

justasitis
    Participant

For a simple-minded person like me, can someone please explain why this matters so much. I can see that it is potentially important but not quite why. There is clearly some connection with a wmscog teaching which is yet again inaccurate, but I can't quite see why. Thanks for your patience – but this is not only for my personal benefit, but for those "unknown ones" who access and read what is here. There must be many 'vistors' who are seeking information and help, yet want to remain off the radar, so to speak.

Simon
    Participant

In multiple years WMSCOG has been keeping the seventh month feasts in the eighth month

Some important facts about the calendar God gave Moses ~3500 years ago:

Months begin with the new moon (new moon to new moon).  (Is. 66:23)

Passover is on the 14th day of the first month.  (Lev. 23:5)

The seventh month feasts are as follows: 

• Feast of Trumpets (1st day–Lev. 23:24)
    • Day of Atonement (10th day–Lev. 23:27)
    • Feast of Tabernacles (starting on the 15th day–Lev. 23:34)
    •  

2010 New Moon and WMSCOG Feast Chart

Jan 15

Feb 13

1) Mar 15 Passover March 29 (http://english.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=860&page=1)

2) Apr 14

3) May 13

4) Jun 12

5) Jul 11

6) Aug  9

7) Sep  8

8) Oct  7 Feast of Trumpets October 8 (http://english.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=947&page=1)

9) Nov  5

10)Dec  5

We can see a serious problem here October is the eighth month but the feast is supposed to be kept in the seventh month. But they chose October a month of their own choosing. WMSCOG puts a huge emphasis on not choosing a month of your own choosing pointing to I Kings 12:25-33. This section discusses idolatry and Jeroboam institutes his own feast on 8/15 like the feasts of God but of his own invention. When the seventh month feasts are in the eighth month tabernacles falls on 8/15 like Jeroboam's idolatrous  feast.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.