I'm tired of the destruction that the WMSCOG creates in families!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

I just got done composing a letter for the California court system in reguards to a ex-member getting custody of his children. As I was putting my thoughts about this on paper it just made me feel ill that I would have to do something like this in the first place. How would a group that views children as some sore of hinderance to ministry work be viewed as good? How does anyone think that a group that encourages members to have abortions as something Godly? Where does turning a spouse into a spy against their mate mean that you are doing Gods work?  I guess I just value Gods creations too much because I think all of these types of things as aweful! The WMSCOG has got one of the most pathetic track rechords I have ever seen. If you are involved in this I have two words for you, "GET OUT!" I might even add a third word, "NOW!" That's right, GET OUT NOW!!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@mountain I considered that. But I read the case against the woman from Jersey. Just dont want to deal with their legal tricks.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Untouchable:  That is completely understandable.  The leaders are sue happy, and that is always a consideration.   The Wms doesn't win, though.  And the leaders are losing a lot of "Mother's" precious money pursuing cases they can't win because of Freedom of Speech.  

setufree
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

@MountainMom
    I was present, at the dedication of the New Windsor "Zion". I recently learned that WMS is known for hacking sites, emails etc…so I am going to be discreet in my forum posts, BUT, I want to share a story.

Last year, after spending an entire day in zion, we were told that on that Sunday, everyone, "Needed" to be in Zion to go to New Windsor. We were only told, that, "We have special oppurtunity for huge blessing brother and sister. We will know all details when we get to New Windsor". So of course, we go. When we get to New Windsor, all the East Coast Zions were there (Plus members who drove from as far away as Tennessee). We were broken up into groups. Long story short, they tricked all these membera, including myself, into doing manual labor. There were "Zionz" building drainage trenches. Brothers were making a "chain" and moving rocks from open fields to the tree lines. Later on, they tried to make games out of the labor. They had two "Zions" see who could get the most tree branches out of the bottom of the lake, on the New Windsor property. At the end of the day, it rained like a Monsoon. I remember a guy removing debris from a pool of water near the lake. He cut his hand on a piece of metal and was gushing blood so bad. Was there a huge grouo of members gathered around him, concerned for his well being? No. Someone advised him to pour some water on it (his arm was covered in mud). Im not sure if or how he went to the hospital. Basically, they used hundreds of members for FREE LABOR. This day, I realized the hypocrisy of the Asian leaders. Did I see Asian Overseers, Elders and Pastors helping. Absolutely not. They didnt get wet, and seemed to only be around, looking busy. Of course, to make things seem like family, we had a huge socker game. But, we were used for free labor. Upon returning to Zion, it was said, "If we told you what you would be doing….would you have gone?". Then of course the overseer equated that to us and others being of "Low faith"…etc etc…guilt tripped. I remember thinking, "But why be so secretive". As I stated earlier, Ima weary of having them watch my actions via this site (I recently found where they attempted hacks to this site), and I am not in the mood to be sued. But, I did want to share that story.

Thanks for sharing Untouchable.  I remember from my experience there, that members were asked to go on a special trip to NYC, which turned out to be New york state.  Anyone who didn't attend was either rebuked or made to feel guilty. 

Anytime there was "labor" type of work going on, it was said that was how you get extra blessings and had more of a chance to be the 144,000.  Everyone had a job at zion, cleaning bathrooms, construction, handyman work, etc. And you better do it with a smile on your face 🙂

It's funny that you mention something about accidents.  Anytime there was an "accident", it was never taken fully into concern and they were VERY hesitant to send anyone into a hospital or call ambulances from what was told to me.  Someone got hurt supposedly on a camping trip they held a few years back.

MountainMom
    Participant

A mother asked me just a while ago "Why don't they want people to go to the doctor?"  This mother was concerned because her daughter had a health concern and the church mentors she had didn't want her to go to the doctor for it.  I know that they like to get people off their medications sometimes (such as anti-anxiety drugs, etc.) and I really don't know why.  Unless it is because you don't need anything but "Mother's" protection, possibly. 

I know that a long time member said that while he was in the Wms he really believed that if someone held a gun to his head, they could fire it and he wouldn't be hurt at all because he was protected by the Passover.  Now he is amazed that he ever believed that garbage. 

Maybe they don't want people to acknowledge being hurt at their facility because they could be sued for the medical expenses.  I know that even if a person doesn't sue personally, their insurance company often takes that action so they don't have to pay.  I am only guessing, but anything that might cost the church a dime would be something they would avoid, in my opinion.  Nothing costs them anything as it is, even down to who buys the toilet paper in their bathrooms. 

Viewing 4 replies - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.