I'm thinking about returning.

• Creator
    Topic
    debbiedowner
    Participant

Ever since I stopped going to Zion, I have felt that I am going to burn in hell. I was in the biblical discussions and user Simon makes excellent points about how what the WMSCOG is teaching is the truth. An example of this would be Sabbath Day.

MountainMom
    Participant

Kai TIng wrote:

Humans are flawed, nobody can understand the Bible 100%. I am perfectly fine with that.

Huge problems arise when, in order to force some kind of answer, people twist words of the Bible and misuse verses and totally ignore what the Bible says.

wmscog members testimonials always say stuff like "I have all my questions answered!", "everything is so clear to me now!", etc. But is that the right way? Is it right to invent ideas on the fly, to change teachings constantly, to twist scriptures and cherry pick verses, just so that your burning questions can be answered?

I admit that I am flawed, that there are things I don't know, but I am totally fine with that. I put my trust in God and am assured that things will go well, even if my knowledge is very limited and I don't have the answer to everything.

After all, God did not expect us to be perfect.

Exactly, Kai.  None of us are perfect.  That is another big reason why people cannot trust what the wms says.  Too often I heard from a member that he followed the Bible exactly, and that the wms is perfect in their knowledge and their doctrine.  Not so.  According to the Bible, we all fall short.  You can't trust someone or some organization that says they answer everything "perfectly" or they are the only ones with the "perfect" way.  The arrogance and pridefullness of this group is astounding.  But as we all know, pride goes before a fall.

setufree
    Participant

Kai TIng wrote:

Humans are flawed, nobody can understand the Bible 100%. I am perfectly fine with that.

Huge problems arise when, in order to force some kind of answer, people twist words of the Bible and misuse verses and totally ignore what the Bible says.

wmscog members testimonials always say stuff like "I have all my questions answered!", "everything is so clear to me now!", etc. But is that the right way? Is it right to invent ideas on the fly, to change teachings constantly, to twist scriptures and cherry pick verses, just so that your burning questions can be answered?

I admit that I am flawed, that there are things I don't know, but I am totally fine with that. I put my trust in God and am assured that things will go well, even if my knowledge is very limited and I don't have the answer to everything.

Exactly.  I rememberwhen I was a part of this group, all we would ever hear is how we are made to be "perfect angels"  or the term "perfect love" everything had to be perfect, all the time, no matter what.  That was stressed always. 

Also when members speak, we used our own "zion language".  Like you mentioned , Everything is so clear to me now.   Every bible study the teacher would say "Clear or not clear?"  If you were in Course Class training to be a teacher, we would learn to use these trigger words or sentences.  Clear, perfect, truly, amazing, Thank Father & Mother, all those words were scripted into our little lingo.

I'm happy you found your way out Kai 🙂

jw03550
    Participant

the road to perfection is tempting

but it sure does suck, looking back on it

nothing but failure after failure with a carrot out front

Azula
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Kai TIng wrote:

Exactly, Kai.  None of us are perfect.  That is another big reason why people cannot trust what the wms says.  Too often I heard from a member that he followed the Bible exactly, and that the wms is perfect in their knowledge and their doctrine.  Not so.  According to the Bible, we all fall short.  You can't trust someone or some organization that says they answer everything "perfectly" or they are the only ones with the "perfect" way.  The arrogance and pridefullness of this group is astounding.  But as we all know, pride goes before a fall.

If cult truly followed the bible perfectly then why does the cult sue people? If the god they claim to serve was truly of the bible then the court room would be classified as lame considering the wrath that we ought to expect. That is not unless they're actually trying to tell us the truth; that the god they serve isn't God at all but only a normal human like the rest of us.

Viewing 4 replies - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.