"IGNORANT and UNSTABLE people"

• Creator
    Topic
    admin
    Participant

This comment was originally posted in response to "Ahnsahnhong Predicted the End of the World in 2012" on 3/19/13.

Time says:

Why don't You translate the whole book? specially the preface where Christ Ahnsahnghong says that entering the Kingdom of Heaven does not depend on whether we know the date or not, but whether we keep God's commandments. 

You have to read the whole book, not just one chapter. 

Even if you read the same chapter, Christ Ahnsahnghong quotes Matthew 25 saying that the bridegroom will delay… Delay means that even though there is an appointed time, he will come later then the appointed time.

People did the same thing 2,000 years ago with the letters of Apostle Paul, and other scriptures. 

2 Peter 3:16… His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which IGNORANT and UNSTABLE people distort, as they do the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Disturbed: That use of Habakkuk as they are trying to use it is complete rubbish. Read that very carefully starting from verse 1. Read again verse 3 – For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal it will not fail. Though it Tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.

Since they want to use this then lets dissect it: appointed time (means a set time, a particular time designated for that). Hastens toward the goal will not fail (heading quickly toward that designated appointed time to occur). Though it Tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay (it may take a while for that which has an appointed time to occur, so be patient, it will surely happen without delay on the day it is suppose to happen – which is not revealed. That is a break down in very simple terms. Nothing in that scripture implies knowing the particular day or set time. It is to happen when it is meant to happen.

So the use of Habakkuk for defence still proves them wrong to that regard. They love pulling scriptures out of context, so there.

Disturbed
    Participant

And why would He be delayed when EVERYTHING happens at the appointed time. The God in heaven knows His appointed time & He will not be delayed. The church is imploding on itself. My mom told me as a child that once you tell a lie you have to continue telling more lies to cover up the original lie. What wms didn’t count on was ASH books to be online & being translated. They are in full damage control mode but the wild horse is already on the loose.

The church preys on the youth because they allegedly are fulfilling church prophecy. Please warn all college age kids to beware because they are preaching on all major university campuses and some junior colleges.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@Disturbed: Exactly! He knows the hour, time, day and year he has chosen based on his foreknowledge. So what’s this rubbish these people are talking about? Watch and see all the many more lies they will come up with. Lies, lies, lies. That’s all I see.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

I would like to use the verse that Disturbed mentioned to get another thing clear: The book of REVELATION is about the end times! Therefore you can't use it to support the claim that we were angels who fell from heaven. Rev 12:9 says (and WMSCOG still takes it out of context)

The great dragon was hurled down–that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray.

He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

It speaks of a FUTURE event.

Satan's still in heaven.

I've only heard them use that verse to prove that the serpent in Gen is the devil.

Sarah2013 wrote:

@ Disturbed: That use of Habakkuk as they are trying to use it is complete rubbish. Read that very carefully starting from verse 1. Read again verse 3 – For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal it will not fail. Though it Tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.

Since they want to use this then lets dissect it: appointed time (means a set time, a particular time designated for that). Hastens toward the goal will not fail (heading quickly toward that designated appointed time to occur). Though it Tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay (it may take a while for that which has an appointed time to occur, so be patient, it will surely happen without delay on the day it is suppose to happen – which is not revealed. That is a break down in very simple terms. Nothing in that scripture implies knowing the particular day or set time. It is to happen when it is meant to happen.

So the use of Habakkuk for defence still proves them wrong to that regard. They love pulling scriptures out of context, so there.

Time is contradicting himself. Because he said the end is simply delayed however this verse says that the appointed time will not delay.

Disturbed wrote:

And why would He be delayed when EVERYTHING happens at the appointed time. The God in heaven knows His appointed time & He will not be delayed. The church is imploding on itself. My mom told me as a child that once you tell a lie you have to continue telling more lies to cover up the original lie. What wms didn't count on was ASH books to be online & being translated. They are in full damage control mode but the wild horse is already on the loose.

The church preys on the youth because they allegedly are fulfilling church prophecy. Please warn all college age kids to beware because they are preaching on all major university campuses and some junior colleges.

Ecc 3:1

Sarah2013
    Participant

My point exactly, Renita. It makes no sense the defence they are trying to stand on. One can clearly see what those verses say. We can clearly read and see what those verses say. Sad thing is that some of the members will fall for it.

Simon
    Participant

WMSCOG seems to be teaching that people only leave over 2012. I never heard the end of the world thing myself. So kinda wonder what their answer is to that… anyways…

But honestly how can a church teach Jesus has come back and time isn't limited what kinda contradiction is that?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Things just didnt add up in my case. It was too demanding with no real empathy; The studies were too repetitious; the energy was all wrong; the segregation; not being able to talk to members outside of church; “God bless you” flying around all over the place like it was going out of style, yet, no real blessing being experienced, except me giving. So much inconsistency. It’s just a mess. Today God says one thing, then tomorrow he meant something else.

Simon
    Participant

Eighth month feasts for me the rest is hindsight.

Emily
    Participant

Time wrote:

The Church doesnt need to translate the book and put it online, they have not done so with any other book, so your request has no merit.

But you can request that this site provide you with the translation?  If you have something to prove that contradicts the translation already provided, then why don't you?

By the way, i didnt say your were ignorant and unstable, the Admin did… Admin was the one who decided to move my comment to the forum and titled the thread in this way… So if you want an explanation why dont you ask and wait for one from the Admin… They are the ones who portray themselves as an authority in matters concerning the Church of God.

Admin was obviously quoting you.  Did you not see the quotation marks?  Don't be ridiculous.

Regarding the verse you cited…the JWs can use that verse against you if you don't agree with their teachings.  Does that mean that they are right?  No.  So stop using these one-liners from the Bible to try and prove your point.   

Ahn said that 2012 would be the last day.  Delayed from 1988.  When I questioned the 1988 failed prediction, I was taught the study of the prophesy of Jonah.  Why would the wms have a study about it, if the prediction was never made?  Deal with it.

Stained
    Participant

admin wrote:

This comment was originally posted in response to "Ahnsahnhong Predicted the End of the World in 2012" on 3/19/13.

Time says

Why don't You translate the whole book? specially the preface where Christ Ahnsahnghong says that entering the Kingdom of Heaven does not depend on whether we know the date or not, but whether we keep God's commandments.  

You have to read the whole book, not just one chapter. 

Even if you read the same chapter, Christ Ahnsahnghong quotes Matthew 25 saying that the bridegroom will delay… Delay means that even though there is an appointed time, he will come later then the appointed time.

People did the same thing 2,000 years ago with the letters of Apostle Paul, and other scriptures. 

2 Peter 3:16… His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which IGNORANT and UNSTABLE people distort, as they do the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

There it is.  The damage control Army is out today huh ?  No matter the proof you show them, no matter what it says, in there own guys words, they come up with some [moderated by admin] to defend it.  DELAY—->[LOL].  Their delay tactic is to tell the Admin to have the "whole book" translated as if that will change a [moderated] thing.  The question they should be asking is why is this book just surfacing now ?  Why was it hidden ?

O.K. O.K. Yes you're right "TIME" We're the "ignorant and unstable" ones.  You clearly have your [moderated by admin].  Please forgive us and [moderated].

Sarah2013
    Participant

I don’t think “Time” titled this thread. However, it goes with the discussion.

Simon
    Participant

Actually time did imply it of us by using the verse

Simon
    Participant

however when the admin first moved my first comment he really did divert the topic with the title he chose, he might be better off just labeling it something like [commenters]'s moved comment from [article]

Sarah2013
    Participant

Oh, ok. I understand now.

emil
    Participant

I read Hab 2:2-3. It is very clear that God is saying the event will take place at the appointed time. There is no delay in the appointed time. It is fixed. The delay it speaks of here is the fact that the event does not happen when WE expect it to. If I expect it to happen in 2012 but it doesn't, it is a delay with regard to my expectation. Yet 2012 is not God's appointed time. It is only my own expectation.

So yes, if ASH expected the event to take place in 2012 but it didn't, great because 2012 was not the appointed time in any case. It does not prove ASH is a bad person. It only proves he did not know the appointed time. And we all know he did not claim to be God. He was a guesser and not a very good one at that.

Perhaps Time can show us ignorant and unstable people where he claimed to be God.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Very well said, Emil. That explanation doesn’t get any better than that.

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

I read Hab 2:2-3. It is very clear that God is saying the event will take place at the appointed time. There is no delay in the appointed time. It is fixed. The delay it speaks of here is the fact that the event does not happen when WE expect it to. If I expect it to happen in 2012 but it doesn't, it is a delay with regard to my expectation. Yet 2012 is not God's appointed time. It is only my own expectation.

So yes, if ASH expected the event to take place in 2012 but it didn't, great because 2012 was not the appointed time in any case. It does not prove ASH is a bad person. It only proves he did not know the appointed time. And we all know he did not claim to be God. He was a guesser and not a very good one at that.

Perhaps Time can show us ignorant and unstable people where he claimed to be God.

Sarah2013 wrote:

Very well said, Emil. That explanation doesn't get any better than that.

very very well =)

Stained
    Participant

Time wrote:

That's where you and this whole website get things wrong.

Christ Ahnsahnghong never said that 1988 nor 2012 was the end of the world.

Even in the book that's being quoted here… It doesn't say "end of the world" anywhere.

Think of it seriously! If the Church of God proclaimed 1988 or 2012 as the end of the world then there is no way that they can win a court ruling in Korea against this matter. The Supreme Court of Korea declared that the accusations against the Church of God, that it teaches about an end date and that it breaks families, to be false.

http://wmscog.hosting.paran.com/ex-content/uploads/2012/01/2.jpg

In S. Korea there are agencies like the FBI and CIA that investigate an organization before awarding the "order of merit" from the president of S. Korea.

If the Church of God was really preaching about an end date… Do you think they could have received this award??

Time Limited Eschathology is illegal in South Korea, due to the tensions between the North and the South, they are very conservative I. This matter.

1988 IS THE END OF THE WORLD—-> https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/archives/1988-end-of-the-world-flyer/ 

Nope, they never said it.  Never.  LMAO.

admin
    Keymaster

This comment was also originally posted in response to "Ahnsahnghong Predicted the End of the World in 2012" on 3/20/13.

Topsy says:

Yes, Genny, this is Topsy,

why don't you translate the whole book. Christ Ahnsahnghong testified, in that book, that 1988 is not the end of the world and he testified that 2012 isn't the end of the world, by stating that the bride groom will come late after the appointed time. Why wont you translate the whole book? Because you're a false prophet. email me at [email protected] or respond to this some where on your site that is visible. I've been able to only see one of my comments on your site.

MountainMom
    Participant

Well Topsy, you obviously don't know Genny.  Calm down. 

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.