I think I'm out

• Creator
    Topic
    Hobbit
    Participant

I think I'm out. at the church that i go to everything is lies. I notice how everybody, even though they smile at the members, they are the first ones to talk behind their back. Everything has to be reported, everything has to be said. Now we have Zion University, we are not allowed to tell anybody. Also they started Joshua's Movement, we have to preach to 5 people every day, tell our deacon who will tell the pastor and then they add it, like a competetion between churches. It seems more like the hunger games in here than in a church of christ. 

The sermons are not making sense, a lot of lies, a lot of verses taken out of meaning. They made videos called the armor of god where they try to say that everything people say in the internet is a lie. Misisonary Victor made one video talking about Ron Ramos, the same video of the truewmscog and then they made it into an Armor of God video. For the first time I saw the whole ron ramos video and I can understand it now, I don't think he is lying. I know about the abortions. I understand what he means when he said "its not what is said but what is not said".

I'm still so scared to leave though… I don't know if its satan tricking me or if im really not in the truth

MountainMom
    Participant

Don't be afraid.  Come out of there and see the real truth.  Anyone on here will help you if you ask.  PM me any time.  God is love, not manipulation, lies, and exploitation.

Questioninginla
    Participant

Hobbit.  Try a book.  "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse" by Van Vonderan & Johnson.  $10 on Amazon / Barnes & Noble.

Just like MM offers, you may PM me with other questions as well.  I believe you will find that you are not alone with your fear.  Most of your first paragraph reminds me of the novel "1984".  Have you ever read that?  You may want to give it a read/re-read.

Best wishes,

Q

Disturbed
    Participant

Damage control! They know that we know so now the members have to keep it a secret. Isnt salvation for all?  What's with the secrecy? That should let the members know something is amiss. I guess they will use the one favorite verse…"The secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you but not to them"

That verse doesnt apply to WMSCOG who goes against the bible. My loving brothers & sisters who are trapped within this group…please come out. This church is leading all of you to destruction. They are shutting the gates of heaven in your face by worshipping false gods and going against even what Jesus said 2,000 years ago. Please challenge all that they tell you and think logically about everything. Do not be afraid.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Follow your instincts.

donttrustzang
    Participant

God knows your heart… No matter the people at the church, the author of life knows EVERYTHING.

One of the main things that got me out for good, was keeping it real with myself.  I came into this organization with an open mind, but the only thing it led to was a closed one.

Its a constant back and forth through your mind, but God does not/will not play psychological games with his people.

Truth is truth. There is no hiding from it. Just take a step back and look at everything.

Truth
    Participant

Truth is Truth!  Truth will set you free!  What Hobbit said about the competition is truth.  I always felt that way and they did that 5 people preaching thing years ago.  You are suppose to make out a list of people you spoke with and keep track of your appointments if you can get one.  

Are they still doing the 10 talent movement or is that over now?   I remember a long study regarding the "10 talents"

The general pastor if you can call him that even wrote about it in his books.

Hobbit
    Participant

Yes. They don’t say that if you don’t bear 10 talents that you don’t go to heaven but that its the way to be 144,000. They do a lot of damage control now

emil
    Participant

@Hobbit
    – if you are afraid that you will lose your salvation by leaving the wmscog, pleae PM me with your specific questions about doctrine and I'll help you. If you are worried about the passover loss, I have written a small article which I can send you. Don't be afraid. The real God loves you and has guided you to open up here.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Hobbit: Your instinct is often right especially in this case so follow it. They are nothing close to the truth. All are geared toward money.

serg
    Participant

@ Hobbit hey man we are all here. It's time you leave. There have been way to many inconsist things with the wmscog and they have failed to provide actual answers. Instead they provide excuses or supposed "biblical" answers. Now they are teaching the members the prophecy that the bridegroom was a long time in coming as an explanation to how "father" hasn't come yet. It's their way to keep members in. They also began preaching that the time period of "the Bridegroom was a long time in coming" is coming to a close and the prophecy of "the Bridegroom is coming soon" is now at hand. This is all nonsence. Be free!

Stained
    Participant

Hobbit wrote:

I think I'm out. at the church that i go to everything is lies. I notice how everybody, even though they smile at the members, they are the first ones to talk behind their back. Everything has to be reported, everything has to be said. Now we have Zion University, we are not allowed to tell anybody. Also they started Joshua's Movement, we have to preach to 5 people every day, tell our deacon who will tell the pastor and then they add it, like a competetion between churches. It seems more like the hunger games in here than in a church of christ. 

The sermons are not making sense, a lot of lies, a lot of verses taken out of meaning. They made videos called the armor of god where they try to say that everything people say in the internet is a lie. Misisonary Victor made one video talking about Ron Ramos, the same video of the truewmscog and then they made it into an Armor of God video. For the first time I saw the whole ron ramos video and I can understand it now, I don't think he is lying. I know about the abortions. I understand what he means when he said "its not what is said but what is not said".

I'm still so scared to leave though… I don't know if its satan tricking me or if im really not in the truth

ZION University ? LMAO.  What happened to "we never said 2012 was the end of the world, we said it was the end of preaching". So now that lie is expired ? Now you have to preach to 5 a day ?  You know about the abortions ?  Joshua's movement ?  You saw Ron's Video ?  But yet, you don't know if it's satan tricking you ?  LMAO.  Abortions for the gospel work, yes I can see Jesus directing that traffic.   Snap out of it. 

emil
    Participant

I guess you need to graduate from Zion University to get one of the 144000 visas for heaven.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

do they accept the GI Bill?

jellybean
    Participant

Hi Hobbit! I wonder if you really left and my question is, if you did how was their reaction? And what are your plans after getting out?

Stained
    Participant

Hobbit wrote:

Yes. They don't say that if you don't bear 10 talents that you don't go to heaven but that its the way to be 144,000. They do a lot of damage control now

Anyway, are you out or what ?  You started this thread and haven't said a word in a week.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@Stained: LOL!

Hobbit
    Participant

Hi. Still not out. It's a little bit complicated, I have somebody in there that I want to leave with me. I'm trying to see how to do it. I called an ex member and he is giving me good advice, trying to see if it works. For now I can answer I guess any question about the church. If I know the answer then I'll answer it. 

Disturbed
    Participant

@Hobbit
    …in my situation a few of us found out the reality of the "church" at the same time. Some of us left while a few stayed in. Some of the ones who stayed have since left because they have accepted that they were deceived. I know it may be hard but you may have to consider getting out alone. If that happens, do your best to stay in contact with the one(s) you leave behind. Even though you show all of the evidence of wrongdoing of the church and the false doctrine, the brainwashing is so powerful that it may be difficult to get through to them right now. If you decide to stay in while helping get others out, please know that we support you either way. Please continue to post or send PMs (private messages) and we will give you the best advice/suggestions that we can. Stay strong. We will win this with God's help.

PeacefulSpeaks
    Participant

@Hobbit
    …I was able to leave "alone," partly because I saw people like Missionary Ron leave. I agree with "Disturbed," but your ability to leave alone may give your friend the courage to leave as well.  If you leave alone, do you feel as though you would be in danger?

Hobbit
    Participant

Hi. It's just that everybody that leaves is demonized. Even though they say they are family, they are the first one to turn their back on you. I've been told not to talk with certain members that have left. So i'm just scared that if I leave I wont be able to take out the person I want out.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.