I remember.

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

When my loved one first tried to convince me of the second coming of Jesus as the WMS puts it, my loved one informed me that his name was Ahnsahnghong. As we discussed the matter further I asked why no one has really heard of this second coming when the Bible says every eye will behold him? I was informed that he came in secret, fulfilled prophesy, and died in 1985. This was the biggest thing that told me right away that this was not real. My loved one tried to tell me that history repeated itself and Christ was rejected by most people once again. I had two really big problems and many smaller problems with this. How could people reject him when no one knew about him? If history repeated itself then where are the miracles and the resurection? For those of you who never fell into this trap called the WMSCOG and for the people who escaped, what was it that brought you into the light?

LUV
    Participant

Simon wrote:

LUV wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about them producing (LOL) if anything the church does not encourge marraige, and kids unless of course you are going to commit adultery. Then they'll convince you to marry someone from the church.  Theyalso rather preach to young people with jobs, with no kids, like myself, however that does not mean that people with kids will not get preach, that's just a bonus…aka…tithe, lol….anyway if you read the post from India, they make them do a procedure where males can't make babies, forgot the name…anyhow a single young person with no kids is a better recurit, we don't have any idols in our way, so we can give them all our time, without any interference, BUT so can any member with or without kids who are devoted.

At my zion they actively preached specifically to mothers

how would they know  if a person was a mother, besides the fact that she would have kids with her, which doesn't even mean they belong to her. But yeah… what! they were going to daycares or delivery rooms, or just watching out for someone breast feeding!! How specific is that!

Simon
    Participant

Mother said who was.. jk

Fair enough they don't KNOW but if they had to choose the one without a child with them or the one with the child with them they would choose the one with the child with them.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Gibsanim is deacon or deaconess. Honjanim is brother. Jamanim is sister. Kwonsanim is exalter. Pok mani pa doo sayoh is god bless you. Abuhjee is father. Omoni is mother. Camsadomida is I give you thanks. Camsamnida is thank you. Ahnja sayoh is sit down. Me-me is pow-pow. Jo noon renita imnida is my name is renita. Bangap soomnida is pleased to meet you. Onyoh ah sayoh is hello/ good bye. Ne is yes. Anyeoh is no. Ani is No! =) that’s all I know.

Simon
    Participant

deacon and deaconess should be different words

Love'n Honey
    Participant

They aren’t different. look it up.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But i have looked up Korean words where hello isn’t ahnyo ah sayo even though it is. So maybe looking it up won’t help.. anywho, I’ve been calling deacons and deaconesses gibsanim and have heard Koreans call deacons and deaconesses Gibsanim.

Disturbed
    Participant

I just read this thread for the first time today and found an answer to a question I had. I always wondered why the Korean members never preached to other Koreans. Someone posted a very logical answer….they don’t want to take advantage of other Koreans. I never thought of it like that. I just figured Koreans would know that they’re labeled as a cult in S Korea.

MountainMom
    Participant

I don't think they teach differently at any of the Zions in the U.S., Simon. (Or even Canada) I don't know why you are seeing it differently, and I am not calling you a liar, as I know you aren't. But all I am saying is that my strong opinion from listening to pretty much everyone else and attending another Zion quite a few times is that they are basically all the same.   And I definitely didn't hear they target mothers as prime candidates to recruit.  Quite the opposite.  They already have children, they can't go out and preach as easily, and are too busy to do so anyway.  They have these idols (children). 

Like I said, you must have been in the Presbyterian Wmscog.

Simon
    Participant

I don't know it was quite explicitly stated here (but remember I had no Koreans in mine until less than six months before I left, maybe that was one of the issues?)

Viewing 9 replies - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.