I remember.

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

When my loved one first tried to convince me of the second coming of Jesus as the WMS puts it, my loved one informed me that his name was Ahnsahnghong. As we discussed the matter further I asked why no one has really heard of this second coming when the Bible says every eye will behold him? I was informed that he came in secret, fulfilled prophesy, and died in 1985. This was the biggest thing that told me right away that this was not real. My loved one tried to tell me that history repeated itself and Christ was rejected by most people once again. I had two really big problems and many smaller problems with this. How could people reject him when no one knew about him? If history repeated itself then where are the miracles and the resurection? For those of you who never fell into this trap called the WMSCOG and for the people who escaped, what was it that brought you into the light?

Simon
    Participant

haha nevermind I think it was 1 peter 4:6

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Hmmm…they are clever indeed, we can't underestimate them. Anyway, I could use this as an arguement (I just took it from an internet source):

the gospel was preached also

The tense in the verb “was preached” is most important (aorist tense [one point], indicative mood [actually happened]). Peter deals here with the historic past. He is not saying that the gospel is in the process of being preached to the dead. The preaching took place when these “dead ones” were still amid the living. This is the only time when preaching is effective — when we are alive physically on earth.

to those who are dead,

There is no verb “are” in this verse. Literally, this phrase would read “to dead ones.” They are dead from the viewpoint of the remaining Christians on earth. The dead Christians of verse six had the gospel preached to them while alive on earth (aorist tense; indicative mood). They became Christians while on earth and are now dead. They heard the gospel while alive and have now passed into eternity before the writing of this epistle. This statement encourages Christians that they have something for which to live beyond this present life.

What is the difference between the “dead” of verse five and verse six? The dead of verse five “will give account” (future tense). Therefore, these persons are spiritually dead, dead in sin. They are eternally out of fellowship with God (Romans 5:12; 6:23; Ephesians 2:1; Colossians 2:13). The dead of this verse are Christians who have come to Christ and have their sins eternally paid for by the sufferings of Jesus on the cross.

Simon
    Participant

Then they bring up God is just and how can people who never heard the gospel (which is true even without WMSCOG) be saved?

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Is this another debatable topic? Because I think that the meaning of God is JUST in the Bible actually means that He absolves the good (innocent) and punishes the evil (guilty). Like being inside a courtroom.

So it is a different matter entirely when looking at the perspective of the people that never heard the gospel. It is part of God's plan. Just like the time when the Israelites were saved and the pagan nations weren't. So we could say that we, who knew the gospel are like the israelites and those who do not know the gospel are like pagan nations.

Simon
    Participant

I don't wanna side track too far from the topic of this website this topic can go way far from the attempt of this site,I don't think understanding the answer to this will help people out of WMSCOG

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

LOL. I totally agree with you. Okay, let's just stop this conversation now. ^__^

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Aw.. =(

LUV
    Participant

You know what I just remembered, One sabbath I going  to the rest room, and the young kids were in the area, talking about how father & mother protects them.  That nothing bad can happen to them, because they have the seal of God.  Looking back now, I feel like these kids think they are untouchable and so who knows if they might try something crazy someday.  You know like run in front of a car, or look for danger.( although God says do not test him)  I'm not saying God's word is not true, if God says a rabbit can protect you, then the rabbit can, and will protect you, but… think about it, if the church is false, then everything they believe in is false, and the kids can endanger themselves, because kids will be kids, ya know what I'm saying?

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I totally get you Luv. The danger this wmscog is presenting to many people out there, not only the young, is one of the reasons that spurns me into action against them. The more I find out about them, the more frustrated I get. I keep thinking, "They're going to recruit more and more people and these people will produce more and more children that believes, along with the other members, that they are somehow invinsible or something." Though the upside of it is that maybe when they prove that they are really not invinsible, it would help some members questions the teachings and the religion itself.

LUV
    Participant

I wouldn't worry too much about them producing (LOL) if anything the church does not encourge marraige, and kids unless of course you are going to commit adultery. Then they'll convince you to marry someone from the church.  Theyalso rather preach to young people with jobs, with no kids, like myself, however that does not mean that people with kids will not get preach, that's just a bonus…aka…tithe, lol….anyway if you read the post from India, they make them do a procedure where males can't make babies, forgot the name…anyhow a single young person with no kids is a better recurit, we don't have any idols in our way, so we can give them all our time, without any interference, BUT so can any member with or without kids who are devoted.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

For as long as I’ve been a member, I’ve never seen of heard of a child of zion doing something outrageous because they have the seal. The children I’ve encountered, lots of them, are far too afraid of f&m to disobey. Either them or kwonsanim! Lol. She was no joke.

LUV
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

For as long as I've been a member, I've never seen of heard of a child of zion doing something outrageous because they have the seal. The children I've encountered, lots of them, are far too afraid of f&m to disobey. Either them or kwonsanim! Lol. She was no joke.

I was referring to how the kids express themselves, you know some kids are hard headed lol, anyway the incident, if they were to try it could occur outside of the church, school, home. etc.  kids don't come with a manual, and i've seen some little brats in zion.

now let me guess Kwonsanim was or is the Korean zion nanny? 

Simon
    Participant

LUV wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about them producing (LOL) if anything the church does not encourge marraige, and kids unless of course you are going to commit adultery. Then they'll convince you to marry someone from the church.  Theyalso rather preach to young people with jobs, with no kids, like myself, however that does not mean that people with kids will not get preach, that's just a bonus…aka…tithe, lol….anyway if you read the post from India, they make them do a procedure where males can't make babies, forgot the name…anyhow a single young person with no kids is a better recurit, we don't have any idols in our way, so we can give them all our time, without any interference, BUT so can any member with or without kids who are devoted.

At my zion they actively preached specifically to mothers

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Is wmscog so out of control of its members that different zions teach different teachings to different types of people around the world?? I guess it does not really matter when you're getting a lot of money out of it.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Kwonsanins are high ranking leaders. I’ve never come across a non Korean Kwonsanim. this Kwonsanim is the wife of the pastor at santee zion. She gives me-me (pow-pow) misbehaving children.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I think nothing is more terrifying than thinking and believing that God is here on earth physically. It gives people a feeling that there's a camera everywhere watching you're every move that you don't so much dare blink if it is said to be forbidden by God. A unseeable God gives a safer feeling than a visible one. As they have said, out of sight out of mind. So now that we have people believing that God is here on earth, they are all willing to do anything just to be on God's good side. I know I would if I believed it too.

Simon
    Participant

There are nonKorean Kwonsanim they just are called it in English, in my experience

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I was tols kwonsanim in english is exalter. You’ve seen members call someone else exalter?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Tols = told.. I dislike using my phone. I make so many mistakes. =(

Simon
    Participant

I was told it is deaconess or senior deaconess I don't remember which

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.