I remember.

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

When my loved one first tried to convince me of the second coming of Jesus as the WMS puts it, my loved one informed me that his name was Ahnsahnghong. As we discussed the matter further I asked why no one has really heard of this second coming when the Bible says every eye will behold him? I was informed that he came in secret, fulfilled prophesy, and died in 1985. This was the biggest thing that told me right away that this was not real. My loved one tried to tell me that history repeated itself and Christ was rejected by most people once again. I had two really big problems and many smaller problems with this. How could people reject him when no one knew about him? If history repeated itself then where are the miracles and the resurection? For those of you who never fell into this trap called the WMSCOG and for the people who escaped, what was it that brought you into the light?

Joshua
    Participant

I do find that a combination approach towards members of this and other cults has a tendency to shake a person up so that they can once again start using their own mind to find the truth. Currently I am working with a Mormon about the truth and myth that has been played on him in order to get him to believe the things he thinks are real and true. This is another cult that believes in spiritual parents. My approach started with, "So you must believe that God sins." Of course this threw him off guard and into defence mode. If you try this approach be prepared to back it up and to encourage whoever you're talking to to dilligently do some reasearch of their own. Backing up my approach I laid out how they believe that a father and mother created all things. To this everyone who believes in spiritual parents would agree. I would then follow it up with the FACT (I make this point very obvious that this IS a FACT) that God would have broken a covenant with his spiritual wife when he cheated on her by making Mary pregnant. Be careful with this because many people will try to trap you into the whole you think God had sex with Mary thing. I always counter with, "No I said God made her pregnat. Are you trying to say that Mary wasn't pregnat?" That usually ends that argument before it gets started. By God participating in this He in FACT would have cheated on his wife. Also this would have made Jesus the illegitimate Son of God. No longer the perfect lamb and no longer the perfect sacrifice. With the belief of a god the mother or spiritual parents you destroy the foundation of Christianity and the divinity of God Himself. If God is a sinner then none of this matters and we are all living a lie. This is a good point to bring everything back to reality and place God in His rightful place as the creator. This is an example of how tough love and compassion work very well together. The WMSCOG does a very good job of making people feel like they have been lied to all of their lives and that the WMS must have the truth. Using the tools that we have proves just how demented this cult is. If one of their foundations for their beliefs is this shaky then how can this group possibly have the truth? Keep loving these people. They have been seriously mislead but in my encounters so far I believe that everyone of them is truly seeking the truth and desire to do Gods will. Satan is the father of lies and deception and he is alive and well at the WMSCOG. Hate the sin but love the sinner. No one stays in a cult forever.

KC
    Participant

maybe its not the sion thats passive, maybe you just new and still on the love bombing stage

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Yes, one specific question that the wmscog have difficulty in answering is : Since the OLD testament is God the Fathers time, and the New testament is God the Sons time, and the Revelation is the God the Holy Spirits time and the NEW name of the Holy Spirit is Anh, and those who believe in this NEW CHRIST and his physical bride will be saved, what happens to the people that lived IN BETWEEN the time of God the Son and this god Anh person?

Many people died without EVER knowing about Anh, so what happens for example, to my grandmother, who was a good follower of Christ's teachings? She didn't know Anh existed  in her time and died not knowing anything about him. So does that mean she won't be saved? Wouldn't that be unfair that she wasn't even given a chance to know?

LUV
    Participant

Here's where the verse from the bible comes in, The dead are judged Revelation 20:11,  If  i remember correctlty i was told the dead will be preached to and if they believe they will be saved.  I asked how could that be if  they never kept sabbath, or passover, or the feast and supposely those were the people living in the dark ages, and they taught me that the people living in the dark ages were not meant to know the truth.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Do you believe god can do anything in a way humans can’t? Do you believe that god can impregnant a woman without intercourse? Do you believe that god could place himself in embryo into a womans uterus? If not, then god has limits.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Andrew is married to Bianca. Andrew needs some extra cash so andrew goes to a sperm bank. Andrew makes a donation and gets his payment. Chelsea goes to the doctor to be artificially inseminated* with the sperm that belongs to andrew. Chelsea is now pregnant with a baby that technically* belongs to andrew. Andrew, however, is not guilty of adultery.

If there’s a way humans can impregnate a woman without being guilty of adultery surely there is a way god can. Assuming god can do anything, god can place himself into a womans body with having sex with her.

But let’s keep going with this idea that father committed adultery against mother. Jesus is an illigitimate* child aka god is a bastard. Mary was not a virgin when she became pregnant therefor calling her the virgin mary is false advertising. According to prophecy, god is supposed to be born to a virgin so jesus is not the messaih.. all that IF god has limited power.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Without* having sex….

But I was taught that the dead will be taught the truth and if they reject it in spirit then they will go to hell.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

How can you teach the dead? They were given life once to give that one chance of living a good life in accordance to God's will. If the dead will be "taught" by the truth later on, what's the purpose of them living in the first place? And in what verse in the Bible did they get the statement "dead will be taught?" Isn't that just a man-made belief. The dead will be JUDGED, based on what KIND of life they've led when they were still on earth. Not BEFORE, not AFTER. That just defeats the purpose of the thing we called LIFE.

Simon
    Participant

It is in one of peters letters

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

1 Peter 4:6, am I right Simon?

"For this cause was the gospel preached to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." 

This is a really good example of how the COG and others take things completely out of context. Without reading at least 1 Peter 3:18 to 1 Peter 4:5, you'd have absolutely no idea that Peter is ACTUALLY ๐Ÿ˜‰ talking about the antediluvian patriarchs. 

Just like if you didn't read the story before and after they quote you Job 38:21 where God says "Surely you know, for you have lived so many years!", you might fall for the "we were angels before" bull. When you isolate the text, there's no way you could know that God is pretty much humiliating Job.  "Cans't thou bind the sweet influences of the Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Cans't thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season, or guide Arcturus and his sons?"  It's pretty obvious that Job can do none of these things. Or anything else God asks of him in ch. 38. It even says, at the top of the page in my bible "God convinceth Job of ignorance and imbecility." 

They do the same thing with Solomon personifying wisdom in the book of proverbs, to make you think we were angels before. Ask yourself, why in the world would they want you to believe that when it's not supported by scripture?

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Thank you for pointing that out Cephas' brother! Simon, its like this… you read a book, a story of something. You skip the beginning and read the middle part, then you encounter the "protagonist" of the story saying "I hate you!" to someone. Now would you understand why that was said if you haven't read the reason for it? No, you would be confuse. You can make up in your own mind what that "I hate you" means or how it happened BUT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH UNLESS YOU READ THE WHOLE STORY. So I won't really suggest you reading the whole Bible, just try reading the WHOLE CHAPTER and trying reading who was it intended for. So do you get this analogy of mine? Hope you did because this would save you a lot of trouble in your mind. ^___^

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Thank you for pointing that out Cephas' brother! Simon, its like this… you read a book, a story of something. You skip the beginning and read the middle part, then you encounter the "protagonist" of the story saying "I hate you!" to someone. Now would you understand why that was said if you haven't read the reason for it? No, you would be confuse. You can make up in your own mind what that "I hate you" means or how it happened BUT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH UNLESS YOU READ THE WHOLE STORY. So I won't really suggest you reading the whole Bible, just try reading the WHOLE CHAPTER and trying reading who was it intended for. So do you get this analogy of mine? Hope you did because this would save you a lot of trouble in your mind. ^___^

Simon
    Participant

Cephas' Brother wrote:

1 Peter 4:6, am I right Simon?

"For this cause was the gospel preached to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." 

This is a really good example of how the COG and others take things completely out of context. Without reading at least 1 Peter 3:18 to 1 Peter 4:5, you'd have absolutely no idea that Peter is ACTUALLY ๐Ÿ˜‰ talking about the antediluvian patriarchs. 

Just like if you didn't read the story before and after they quote you Job 38:21 where God says "Surely you know, for you have lived so many years!", you might fall for the "we were angels before" bull. When you isolate the text, there's no way you could know that God is pretty much humiliating Job.  "Cans't thou bind the sweet influences of the Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Cans't thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season, or guide Arcturus and his sons?"  It's pretty obvious that Job can do none of these things. Or anything else God asks of him in ch. 38. It even says, at the top of the page in my bible "God convinceth Job of ignorance and imbecility." 

They do the same thing with Solomon personifying wisdom in the book of proverbs, to make you think we were angels before. Ask yourself, why in the world would they want you to believe that when it's not supported by scripture?

I didn't mean it was ACTUALLY there, I meant where they get the idea lol

Simon
    Participant

but I believe it is a different verse, something about Noah is all I remember right now

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Yes, but if they only get an "idea" out of it, that's not the same as knowing the real meaning of the verse.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon already understands that.. to answer the question about teaching the dead……

The spirit doesn’t die right away. It is still living and either goes to paradise or to prison. Those who died in the truth go to paradise. Everyone else goes to prison. Those in prison will hear the words they didn’t get to hear while on earth. They lived on earth to suffer limitation. They died to suffer death. God decides when people will be preached to and when they will realize the truth. So god chose to wait until some people were dead for them to hear. Who are we, the common bowl, to question the potter? That’s what the wmscog says.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Simon already understands that.. to answer the question about teaching the dead……

The spirit doesn't die right away. It is still living and either goes to paradise or to prison. Those who died in the truth go to paradise. Everyone else goes to prison. Those in prison will hear the words they didn't get to hear while on earth. They lived on earth to suffer limitation. They died to suffer death. God decides when people will be preached to and when they will realize the truth. So god chose to wait until some people were dead for them to hear. Who are we, the common bowl, to question the potter? That's what the wmscog says.

Wow, so now they use the ole "who are we to question God" phrase? That's a nice way of putting it when you don't want to be questioned anymore. So this is what the wmscog says, do you believe this Renita? Anyway, for me, this is total bogus. The paradise and heaven are one and the same. What verse in the Bible states that it is not?

Simon
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

The spirit doesn't die right away. It is still living and either goes to paradise or to prison. Those who died in the truth go to paradise. Everyone else goes to prison. Those in prison will hear the words they didn't get to hear while on earth. They lived on earth to suffer limitation. They died to suffer death. God decides when people will be preached to and when they will realize the truth. So god chose to wait until some people were dead for them to hear. Who are we, the common bowl, to question the potter? That's what the wmscog says.

Wow, so now they use the ole "who are we to question God" phrase? That's a nice way of putting it when you don't want to be questioned anymore. So this is what the wmscog says, do you believe this Renita? Anyway, for me, this is total bogus. The paradise and heaven are one and the same. What verse in the Bible states that it is not?

One could argue that Paradise is different from the Heaven in which Christians will spend an eternity (New Heaven and New Earth and all) but that is a completely diferent argument.

"I tell you the truth today you will be with me [jesus/god] in paradise"

Jesus/God dwells in Heaven makes it pretty clear when you actually think about it free from the WMSCOG influence.

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I didn't mean it was ACTUALLY there, I meant where they get the idea lol

I guess I should've quoted and put "actually". I've just heard my girl get a lot of satisfaction out of using it in reference to what "mainstream" christians believe, and I saw somewhere on here that it's not uncommon amongst members. I hope you didn't think that whole post was directed at you personally, I was talking about You as in all of us, generally. Not tryin to take you to task. I'm sorry if it came off that way. 

Anyhow if you can think of that verse with Noah I'd love to have it for my notes. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I was thinking about Noah too and I can't really place anything with words like "dead will be judged" in his story. A flood that devoured the whole earth is the only thing that keeps popping into my mind. You have to admit it was pretty scary. LoL.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.