"i believe she is our mother"

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on Zahng Gil Jah's Ex-Husband's Side Of The Story? on 01/23/13:

keshab Dhungel Ithari church, Nepal says:

i believe she is our mother. without dought i am saying she is our heavenly mother.if we want to get salvation then really we should have to believe god the mother.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I am a protestant from the Calvinism reformation. If I also try to give you our views this would be a very long topic indeed so let’s just stick to the passover topic first.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Stained reading your post makes a person more aggrevated, the way you talk makes you look like some eminem wannabe but then you put up lyrics from rock bands so I don't what you are sometimes, so same goes here buddy.  

Anyhow, so the subject is Passover? okay, actualy simon is right on our views, if you keep sunday, you're not keeping sabbath, so just cuz your church keeps a worship on sabbath, and keep another worship on sunday then you're not keep the sabbath.  Same with Passover, so as Simon said MOST christian denominations fall in to this you can say almost all.  Find a Sabatarian church besides 7th day adventist, and even they don't keep the sabbath that we are talking about. so that rules them out also, that keeps Sabbath correctly without sunday worship that also keeps Passover.  I have looked before, on internet, to see if those type of churches exists, couldn't find any, but, can I say I have proof there isn't a church in some mountain in  like some isolated place that keeps it, no, but that's the thing even if there were such a church how many people know of it, do you? no, do I? no, go ask a hundered people most likely they will all say no, we've all been preaching right? I have and I've approached thousands of people of the years, and 80 percent don't have a clue about the passover.  SO that's where the problem lies, if Passover is the way to eternal life, then if that church that keeps passover in the mountains in some far off land is the only ones keeping it, there is a BIG problem, so that is why God has to do something about it.  Do you understand what I'm getting at?  So can we say God has to bring it back to the WORLD? Yes he does, cuz those mountain folk sure aren't doing a good job of it.  

so did you understand this???

fromtheotherside
    Participant

The passover Ill give you two that are the most easy to understand. John 6:53-59 also Matt 26 the pasover scene and luke 22 passover…

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Our religion calls this “scenes” the Lord’s Supper (base on 1 Cor. 11:20) since this is a new covenant. Can you allow that?

Simon
    Participant

the wmscog has more differences than the name. compared to most at any rate. I think the customs are more important to debate than the name

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

My point is that we too celebrate the “sharing of bread and wine” but we call it “the Lord’s Supper”, not the passover, based on 1 Corinthians, it was also called that way by the disciples. I am asking if this could be allowed or we should call it “the passover” too. The PO as I understood was for the israelites only. Afterall, i couldn’t claim that i was saved by the passover since i am not from jewish descent, so why should I celebrate the passover? I was not part of it, even my ancestors weren’t part of it. Therefore we cannot claim that the passover saved us. But The Lord’s supper, a new covenant made by Jesus encompasses both converted Jews and Gentiles, so I could participate in this one as part of the gentile community.

FTOS, I have started a topic about this last month. It’s titled Passover vs. Lord’s Supper. We can continue this conversation there if you want.

Simon
    Participant

except gentiles could keep it too.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

So where does it explain that in the bible??? Jesus called it the Passover and said that was the new covenant.  If you want to refer to it as did apostle paul as the lords supper that's fine, but it is what JESUS calls it the Passover.  But the way your talking about is you are making a clear distinction between the two, no where does it say there is a distinction between the Passover Jesus said is the new covenant and the "lords supper" which apostle paul used to refer to the passover.  You make it sound like the passover in Mat and LUke is for Jews.  which there is no biblical evidence to support that.  I didn't say don't call it the lords supper apostle refered to the passover like that, so that's fine but dont forget it is the passover that JEsus and the apostles kept.  And I like to state that elie agrees and acknowledges my point on the reason why passover needs to be brought back..insince there is no reply.. 

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Exactly simon. The Passover was for the Israelites while the Lord’s Supper was for both Israelites and Gentiles.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

also I think it will be hard to debate the customs if Elie is stating that the passover which JEsus established as the new covenant is only for jews… 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

I should say there is the passover of the OT which is for Jews and the Passover in the NT which Jesus kept 

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

So where does it explain that in the bible??? Jesus called it the Passover and said that was the new covenant.  If you want to refer to it as did apostle paul as the lords supper that’s fine, but it is what JESUS calls it the Passover.  But the way your talking about is you are making a clear distinction between the two, no where does it say there is a distinction between the Passover Jesus said is the new covenant and the “lords supper” which apostle paul used to refer to the passover.  You make it sound like the passover in Mat and LUke is for Jews.  which there is no biblical evidence to support that.  I didn’t say don’t call it the lords supper apostle refered to the passover like that, so that’s fine but dont forget it is the passover that JEsus and the apostles kept.  And I like to state that elie agrees and acknowledges my point on the reason why passover needs to be brought back..insince there is no reply.. 

My point in this is that Jesus made the new covenant DURING the Passover meal. The Passover already exist before Jesus came therefore we cannot say it is a NEW covenant. The NEW covenant was the Lord’s Supper.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

ok… so Jesus was keeping the passover of the ot? is that your point?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

jesus was keeping the ot passover and then established the NC during the ot passover? right thats your point

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Since Jesus was a Jew, He was allowed to keep the Passover which was made for the Jews.

genny
    Participant

See, here's the deal, fromtheotherside.  Each viewpoint has reasons for interpreting the Bible in such away.  You've already mentioned that you believe "only God can interpret the Bible."  You believe your interpretation is the correct one because you believe God gave it to you.  And even though we here can show you other valid interpretations, you will not accept them because God already gave you the correct one.  I don't mean to be so bold as to tell you what you believe, but in my experience, this is what WMSCOG members believe.  Is this true about you too?

We can debate back and forth about Passover, Sabbath, and such, but it will get us nowhere unless you first either #1 admit that there could be a valid interpretation other than what the wmscog teaches, or #2 prove that Ahn is God so we can trust that his is the only true interpretation.

If you are going for choice #2, then please address the points I made in the other thread (https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4486&page=2) because that's working against you.  "God" would not make such errors.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

okay let me ask why didn't he celebrate during his three years while doing the gospel, and WHERES THE LAMB it's custom to eat a lamb????

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Before we continue this, can you first look at the forum I started entitled, “the Passover vs. Lord’s supper”? We can continue the discussion there.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

yea I'm getting confused on wheres what there so many forums

genny
    Participant

You all are posting so quickly, I think you might have missed mine, being at the bottom of page three.  Please be sure to read it, fromtheotherside.

Viewing 20 replies - 101 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.