How to sum up Joshua?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Recently I was watching Ron Carpenter on TV when he brought up an idea that really hit home with me. I am a family member that helped get my loved one out of the WMSCOG and since then have also helped several others to see the truth. When I was listening to Ron Carpenters sermon he was talking about how we are to plant seeds but it's the individuals that God has to grow the seeds in. We plant and God does the rest. Think about this: When you are making or repairing a building you erect scafolding. The scafolding remains in place until it is no longer needed and then it is removed and used somewhere else. It helps to make or recreate the integrity needed in order for the building to be able to stand on its own. In a way, I am scafolding folks. Ron Carpenter doesn't know me from Adam but God used his words to reach me with this. Thank you for letting me be here for those of you who need me or have at one time needed me. I feel truly blessed.

Liberty
    Participant

I almost hate to say this, but Pastor John Lee gave the exact same sermon, and metioned that very example several times before. For different reasons of course….

Who knows, maybe he got the idea from Ron Carpenter. I don't know where it first originated.

Joshua
    Participant

I guess that all I can say about that is that the truth is the truth even when it's spoken by people that might not have the truth.

Liberty
    Participant

That is definitely true. But unfortunately, that was why it was easy to be fooled by them. A lot of the things that wmscog said did make sense, and still make sense to me to this days. But the things that were wrong were largely wrong.

Joshua
    Participant

Outside of being a support system for many of you guys here I am also trying to keep people from eating the poop. Joshua, what are you talking about? You're probably asking this question right now! Let me explain. Some of you might remember this…

I heard a story about a father and his teenage son. The son and a friend wanted wanted to go to the movies so the son asked his dad if he could go. The dad asked what they were going to the theater to watch. When they told him the father knew right away that it was a rated R movie and for that reason refused to let his son go. The son tried to reason with his father saying things like, "There's only a little bit of bad stuff" and "It's really no big deal." The dad put his foot down and said that the boys would either have to pick a different movie or find something else to do. The boys decided to go upstairs and play video games instead. Later the father decided to use this disput as an object lesson. The father baked some brownies and also cut up some oranges. He placed the brownies on a plate and the oranges in a boul. He brought them up to the boys and told them that they had to pick only one. Right away they both chose the brownies (as expected). The father said that was fine but they needed to know one thing about the brownies. While he was making them the dog had an accident in the kitchen and that he had cleaned it up so there might be a little bit of dog poop in the brownies. The dad said, "Don't worry, if there's any poop in there it will only be a little bit. It's really no big deal!" Suddenly both boys decided that they would rather have the oranges over the possibly poopy brownies.

There are many things about the WMSCOG that are questionable at best. If you had the choice to eat something questionable or something that you were much more sure of would you choose the questionable thing?

I'm just trying to get people to stop eating poop or if possible not eat the poop to start with!

Disturbed
    Participant

I love your poopy analogy. Makes perfect sense. Thank you for trying to save others from continuing to eat the poop. In the end your efforts and everyone else’s will be greatly appreciated.

emil
    Participant

Great analogy Joshua.

Simon
    Participant

I think most churches are like the trace of poop cake

and WMSCOG is more like a poop flavoured cake with chocolate frosting and a handful of chocolate chips

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I think most churches are like the trace of poop cake

and WMSCOG is more like a poop flavoured cake with chocolate frosting and a handful of chocolate chips

I love the new Shim!!! well done

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.