How much is too much? An answer for those who think that they should stay in the WMSCOG.

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

In past postings I have used an example of lies being like poison. If you put poison in water, how much do you need to kill a person? Today at church I was introduced to another example. Here's how the story went: A couple of teenagers were going to go to the movies. One of the teens asked his father if he could give them a ride to the theater. The father asked what was the rating for the movie they were going to go watch. The teen answered, "R but it's really no big deal. There's a little bit of violence, just a little bit of nudity, and a tiny bit of foul language. It's really no big deal. All of our friends have watched it and there is only a little bit of the bad stuff in it. Almost nothing." The father said that he would take them to the theater but they had to choose a different movie. This young man argued with his father repeating that there was only a little bit of inappropriate stuff in there and that it was no big deal. The father said, "You have two choices. 1) Choose a different movie or 2) Stay home and do something around here." The teen said, "Never mind, well just stay here and play video games in my room." Later the father decided to make some food for the boys as he was sure they were hungry. He made a bowl of oranges and a pan of brownies and presented them to the boys. He said that they had to choose just one of the two options. Of course being teenagers they jumped at the opportunity of having the brownies. The father said, "Ok, there's just one thing. There might be some dog poop in it. It's only a little bit, no big deal. I was mixing up the batter and the dog had an accident. I cleaned it up but I forgot to wash my hands so it's possible that a little bit of the poop got into the mix but only a little bit." The boys declined the brownies and instead chose the oranges.

Why do we feel that in some cases it's ok to willingly let lies into us? We would not willingly eat something that might have something bad in it why do we try to justify when we know there is something wrong with the teachings of a group still continue to allow them to put bad stuff into us? Unless you are willing to drink the poison and or eat the poop you must stop letting these bad things into yourself.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Fear is one reason, then pride. Not all will come out but I believe a good number will. Also, like doubting Thomas, they may be waiting for the creator of the universe to appear to them. Who knows.

Joshua
    Participant

I still say, "Don't eat the poop!"

remco9519
    Participant

people clinging to WMSCOG are retarded, and most do not know really what they're in.  people who find enjoyment in a new environment no matter what's inside.  really amazing, they talk of salvation yet they even do not know what is salvation. they're talking about GOD yet they do not have a true CONCEPT of GOD.  GOD guides those whom HE wills, but HE shuts up understanding of the rebellious arrogants, close their eyes and seal their hearts so they won't be able to find the true guidance. pre-determined fate i believe, it should not be thought of if only people humbles themselves to GOD.  

MountainMom
    Participant

Remco:  Many of the people in the wmscog are very intelligent people who have just fallen into a very cleverly set trap.  It could happen to anyone.  I know some great people that this has happened to, and by the grace of God, they are now out.  Some great people are still in there, though, and I feel badly for them, and for their loved ones, who are suffering greatly.  It is the head people, the ones getting rich off these poor, manipulated, and exploited members that are the evil ones.  They make their members live their lives in fear and guilt.

Am I often upset, angry, and frustrated about what they have done to my loved one in the wms, and to our family?  Of course.  I know that no one even knows the depths of my anguish.   But when I think logically and not emotionally, I definitely see who is really responsible for the pain, and I don't think we can just call all members stupid.  They aren't. 

Travis
    Participant

remco9519 wrote:

people clinging to WMSCOG are retarded, and most do not know really what they're in.  people who find enjoyment in a new environment no matter what's inside.  really amazing, they talk of salvation yet they even do not know what is salvation. they're talking about GOD yet they do not have a true CONCEPT of GOD.  GOD guides those whom HE wills, but HE shuts up understanding of the rebellious arrogants, close their eyes and seal their hearts so they won't be able to find the true guidance. pre-determined fate i believe, it should not be thought of if only people humbles themselves to GOD.  

@Remco9519

They are anything but retarded. They truly believe that doing what they are doing will save their soul and bring them to heaven. look around you. For how long have people followed the Catholic Church even with all the hard and visible evidence of their genocides, rapes and child molestation cases throughout time. Yet, the majority of North America, Europe, Africa and Latin America goes to church every Sunday. Are they retarded..?? 

look at Middle East. Almost everyone is muslim. The little I know about muslims is that they are a bunch extremists, they wouldn't think twice to blow themselves up in order to take few American infidels along with them. All for a promise to meet Allah and have seven virgin women in heaven ..Can it get any more retarded than that..??

What's even the point of having seven virgin women, for what..?? 

Joshua
    Participant

I fully agree that the people that are inside of this group are not retarded or stupid. Have they made some stupid choices and some really bad decisions? YES! Here's what I've found out over the last several years; People that get involved with this group are mislead but more importaintly they were approached and lured in during a moment of emotional weakness. I have yet to find anyone that was reading their Bible and discovered that there is a god the mother so they seeked out the group that had this belief. No, everyone had to be convinced that this fairytale is somehow real. Every person I have spoken to about their involvement in this group started because they were lonely or hurting somehow. Like I said, a moment of weakness.

NB
    Participant

wmscog aint retarded… they were quite smart actually… they know how to pick their targets and they are manipulative and quite good at exploiting emotional issue… thats why they preffer to prey on women, and especialy (in asia) housewives and students.

MountainMom
    Participant

Someone on here a while back made an analogy that really described well the struggle of people who are trying to help their loved ones out of the trap they are in with the wms.  It's like a bear caught in a trap.  You are trying to help them escape because you care, they are fighting you like crazy because they don't understand you are the good guy, and the wms is sitting back laughing at BOTH of you in your struggle because they have complete control and they know it.  And they really don't care about the "bear's" struggle and pain, and they certainly don't care about the family members who might be wounded.  Everyone loses but the wmscog.  Many of us have permanent scars. 

It is such a pity.  When does a family member just say enough is enough and let the "bear" just struggle on his own?  How can you try so hard for so long to help without losing something of yourself, if not yourself entirely?  I can sacrifice myself, that I would do.  But can I sacrifice myself to the detriment of my other family members who need me?  I don't know that I can.

Smurf
    Participant

This can only be done by people who completely lack empathy and it's one of the things that convinced me that there are evil forces on this earth far beyond our understanding.

And why is it that they keep denying our pain? There are obviously people coming here who have been scarred by the WMSCOG. Are we all insane, are we all imagining our anguish!?!?

If they are so wholesome and virtuous as they claim, shouldn't they be alarmed at even the slightest possibility that they may be, in fact, hurting people?

I got a response from a member once, saying: "Well, it's all in your head, you see…"

Than what about the gaping hole in my heart, how do you explain that?

How many others have to go through the same, so people can see that the WMS just doesn't care

Simon
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

I fully agree that the people that are inside of this group are not retarded or stupid. Have they made some stupid choices and some really bad decisions? YES! Here's what I've found out over the last several years; People that get involved with this group are mislead but more importaintly they were approached and lured in during a moment of emotional weakness. I have yet to find anyone that was reading their Bible and discovered that there is a god the mother so they seeked out the group that had this belief. No, everyone had to be convinced that this fairytale is somehow real. Every person I have spoken to about their involvement in this group started because they were lonely or hurting somehow. Like I said, a moment of weakness.

I came across them preaching when I was a member but none of them ever joined. Thankfully they saw through WMSCOG even if they believed in a Mother God

Joshua
    Participant

Don't eat the P O O P !

Joshua
    Participant

We have someone going by the name of  "truth grabber" in the comment section of our website. I'm hoping he/she has not been pushed away by members posting here and will take a little time and read some of our forum post. If he/she is really grabbing for truth he/she will need to read this.

Joshua
    Participant

I am bumping this for a couple of people that I think really need to read this.

Joshua
    Participant

Don't eat the p o o p!

jw03550
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Fear is one reason, then pride.

Agree.  fear is a motivator that helped this species survive so thats an easy one

pride – who wants to be criticized anywhere?  by their spouse, family, job, teamwork on a softball or bowling league? it does not matter.  the pride one is harder to see because all humans do it.

Joshua brings out a good point, why do we justify the one side and only see it when we are on the other side.  this is what a successful group does with its system.  some rules are ok to bend while others are cemented in stone.  it is the inconsistencies that ultimately expose the group, but for example in the mean time we justify little white lies (a lot of groups use Matt 10:16) because the emphasis is placed here that this is important to the cause.  Then outsiders wonder why how the Sabbath can be so important and unbendable when the same 10 commandments includes not deceiving or bearing false witness to your neighbor.

I hope truth grabber came back.

jellybean
    Participant

To answer the main topic. In my opinion, too much is when you can’t see your family whenever you want. Too much is when you are afraid to go on vacation because “father” can come in the mean time and no matter how much work you have done if that happens when you are on vacation you will not go to heaven. Too much is to not have any savings so if you have an emergency or loose your job you have nothing to back you up. Too much is when you feel as you have to do things to please someone or to be seen as a more “mature” member rather than because you want to. Too much is when you have no family time with your family. There are lots of situations that were too much and that did not only happened to me but I also saw it happening to others.

Joshua
    Participant

Bump

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I have learned alot from the recent events on this forum. What constitutes “Enough” is up to the member. People have limits, but when bad things happen and people are told, “Overcome bredder”, then, they lose their sense of fight against the negativity.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.